alasteve

Help with RFE

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone started my visa journey in May. Just got a RFE had met my future wife on a website called Cherry Blossoms. The RFE is about that web site says I am to get a signed written consent from that the international marriage broker obtained from the beneficiary authorizing the release of her personal contact information to me.

Am i to contact the web site or have Grace write something a little confused. The web site keeps that information. After time we exchanged that information our self. Any way thanks for the help in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Did you answer 'Yes' about meeting through an IMB? I do not believe Cherry Blossoms is an IMB, so hopefully you answered 'No'. You need to respond by telling them that the site is not considered an IMB and provide a copy of their TOS stating so, and also send the company an email and ask if they are considered an IMB, and send a copy of their reply to you stating they are not.

https://www.blossoms.com/termsofUseNew.php

https://www.blossoms.com/aboutUs.php

There are a few posts in the IMBRA forum(where I am moving your post) that talk about this very topic and what you can send.

~Moved from K-1 Process to IMBRA Special Topics ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

I did answer yes because they charge a fee and did not want to answer wrong. Will make a copy of the tearms of use and send them with the RFE. Thanks for your help!

Have also email Cherry Blossoms and will send their answer also.

Timeline

I agree, Cherry Blossoms is not IMB. My husband and I met through that site. We answered no since the woman does not pay. Well, hope you will have a smoother journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

don't forget to add a cover letter stating that you filled out the form wrong on that one question, also state you are including the proof that the site is not an IMB.

I know it might be obvious, but answer specifically in the cover letter, the thing they RFE'd you about. IMO, the 'proof' is not enough, you need a cover page.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

That's great news, both of you. Thanks for the updates.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 1 year later...
Timeline

Hi. I'm Santino and I'm worried about this imbra. I will file our 129f this coming Friday. I wanted to know if I'm still going to send a message to Cherry blossom since me and my fiance met on that site. But I already answer it no because as I have read all your comments others answer no. I'm just confused and scared of getting RFE. Should I have some copies of our conversation as a proof of relationship or should I not do it? Help me please.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Santino, follow the advice in post #2. Good luck.

*** Old thread is now closed to further comment. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.