sweety-sweet

I-751 document check-list

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Dear All,

Kindly help me to check the list of documents I am going to submit for my I-751 on last week of July.

1 application form

2 check

3 copy of my residence card

4 copy of driving license (both of us) which has same address

5 tax return - 2013 and 2014

6 insurance card - both of our name under same policy number

7 my name as emergency contact person at his work

8 my name as beneficiary in his insurance

9 joint credit cards

10 joint bank accounts (both checking, saving, money market)

11 car title which has both of our names

12 some picture of us with friends

Since we are still renting, the rental agreement, utility bills are still under his name. But since before I moved here, I visited to this same address. I moved to this address and I am still living in that same house.

Please suggest if I need more paper works for this.

Thank you so much in advance.

I would still send the lease.

Make sure you are sending tax transcripts (filed and accepted by the IRS) and not just tax returns (which you claim you would file). You can order transcripts for free from IRS.gov and they are delivered within about a week.

Do you have any wills, powers of attorney, HIPAA releases etc? You can create them inexpensively on there internet and they make extremely solid evidence. Good luck!

AOS

03/24/11 - Got married in the Boogie-Down Bronx, NYC!
04/21/11 - Mailed I-130,I-765, I-485, I-864 and I-693 - Day 00

04/23/11 - Application delivered - Day 02
04/28/11 - NOA (most forms) - Day 07
05/03/11 - Checks cashed - Day 12
05/31/11 - Biometrics completed in the Bronx, NYC - Day 40
06/24/11 - Received someone else's employment authorization card!!! What the...? - Day 64
07/01/11 - Mailed the poor lady's card back after calling USCIS - Day 71
07/07/11 - Received poor lady's interview notice! What??? - Day 77
07/15/11 - Received my own EAD card - Day 85
08/12/11 - Interview. Approved on the spot! - Day 113
08/18/11 - Received card in the mail - Day 119

ROC
05/28/13 - Mailed I-751 - Day 00

05/30/13 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/31/13 - NOA I-797 - Day 03
06/04/13 - Check cashed - Day 07

06/06/13 - NOA delivered to my home/Biometrics letter generated - Day 09

06/10/13 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail - Day 13

06/27/13 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 30

09/10/13 - Application approved! - Day 105

09/14/13 - 10 year Green Card received! - Day 109

Citizenship

05/10/16 - Mailed N-400 - Day 00

05/12/16 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/13/16 - Credit card payment accepted - Day 03

05/17/16 - Received text & email update - Day 07

05/20/16 - Received 1st NOA (dated 05/13/16) & created ELIS acct - Day 10

05/21/16 - Received 2nd NOA (dated 05/16/16) confirming my DOB and address - Day 11

05/22/06 - Biometrics scheduled (online update) and appt letter was mailed on 05/20/16 - Day 12

05/24/06 - Biometrics letter became viewable online (appt scheduled for 06/07/16) - Day 14

05/27/16 - Received Biometrics letter in mail - Day 17

05/31/16 - Was denied walk-in fingerprints with just 1 person left in line. Milwaukee office, boo! - Day 21

06/07/16 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 28

12/21/16 - Passed Citizenship test/Interview was successful! - Day 197

01/26/17 - I am a US citizen!!! - Day 233

I would still send the lease.

Make sure you are sending tax transcripts (filed and accepted by the IRS) and not just tax returns (which you claim you would file). You can order transcripts for free from IRS.gov and they are delivered within about a week.

Do you have any wills, powers of attorney, HIPAA releases etc? You can create them inexpensively on there internet and they make extremely solid evidence. Good luck!

We misplaced the rent agreement paper but we do have rent invoice. I am going to send the copy of this invoice and a few utility bills. But these all are his name only. But my driving license and others show the same address. Hope this will be fine.

I do not have any wills or attorney. Which website should I visit to create?

Thank you so much.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Follow Cheezees' excellent advice about the wills, powers of attorney, and similar documents.

Google "will template for ___" [your U.S. state of residence].

You might get lucky and find an actual will template.

You'll find some results for comparatively inexpensive do-it-yourself help sites.

In addition, you can look on nolo.com and legalzoom.com.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Thank you so much for all your advice. I received the mail from USCIS, Lincoln, NE office (I am in NE) about to submit the I-751, 90 days prior to two year anniversary of my conditonal residence status. Does everyone receive that of mail or ?? The content in the mail is the same like we saw in the uscis website. Just addressed to me and the date that I entered to US as conditional PR.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It used to be that those letters were received rarely, not at all, or spottily. In the last couple of years, it seems to me (unscientifically) that folks have been receiving them. Mrs. T-B. got one, during her time; we had ROC on the calendar, but the letter was a nice reminder.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 weeks later...

I collected all the paper works as much as I can for ROC around end of July or first week of Aug. We got approval for refinancing our car from bank. I think I will also submit this letter. Also got copy of our rent agreement from our landlord (we misplaced it). We can submit this as well. But utility bills are with his name. I hope that should be fine.

I am also thinking of making health care attorney. In NE attorney, we can ask 2 witnesses to sign for it or we can use notry public to sign for this. I prefer to go notry public on this weekend. Should I make only one as my husband can decide for my health if I am very sick or can we do both for each other? I don't mind doing it as he will really decide in case if I am seriously ill and I will do for him the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning everyone,

I did prepare the documents for ROC around end of July. Kindly check these for me please.

1 application form

2 check - $590

3 copy of my residence card - both sides

4 copy of our driving licenses - my husband and I

5 copy of rent which has both of our names

6 copy of rent bills - 3 or 4 copies

7 copy of gas and water bill - only his name on it - will send 3 or 4 copies which has same address

8 copy of electricity bill - only his name on it - will send 3 or 4 copies which has same address

9 copy of insurance cards - 2014 and 2015

10 copy of medical bills - 2 each for both of us

11 copy of dental bills - 2 for him and 4 for myself as I had some dental works within 2014

12 copy of bank statements - 3 each for checking, saving and money market

13 copy of debit cards

14 copy of credit card - he is primary user and I am authorized user along with letter from bank

15 copy of 3 or 4 statements of that credit card - only his name on it. That is why, I asked the letter from the bank

16 copy of car ownership

17 copy of car insurance

18 tax transcripts and tax returns - 2013 and 2014 - married jointly

19 copy of health care attorney - I appointed him as my power of attorney for health care - stamped from notary public

20 copy of health care attorney - he appointed me as his power of attorney for health care - stamped from notary public

21 letter from his work as I am his emergency contact, beneficiary for his health and life insurance

I have one more credit card which has only my name on it. Should I submit the statements of that credit card and copy of the card. I paid most of our utility bills online with that card and let payment confirmation email sent to my email address. I can also print some confirmation emails.

We are going to refinance our new car which I am co-buyer. More likely we will get approval from bank. Will submit that one as well.

We don't have much good pictures but we can submit 3 or 4

We don't have children. So we cant submit any paper works related with the baby.

Please advise if I missed something or any other advice will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Edited by sweety-sweet

Good morning everyone,

I did prepare the documents for ROC around end of July. Kindly check these for me please.

1 application form

2 check - $590

7 copy of gas and water bill - only his name on it - will send 3 or 4 copies which has same address

8 copy of electricity bill - only his name on it - will send 3 or 4 copies which has same address

11 copy of dental bills - 2 for him and 4 for myself as I had some dental works within 2014

12 copy of bank statements - 3 each for checking, saving and money market

13 copy of debit cards

14 copy of credit card - he is primary user and I am authorized user along with letter from bank

15 copy of 3 or 4 statements of that credit card - only his name on it. That is why, I asked the letter from the bank

16 copy of car ownership

17 copy of car insurance

18 tax transcripts and tax returns - 2013 and 2014 - married jointly

19 copy of health care attorney - I appointed him as my power of attorney for health care - stamped from notary public

20 copy of health care attorney - he appointed me as his power of attorney for health care - stamped from notary public

21 letter from his work as I am his emergency contact, beneficiary for his health and life insurance

I have one more credit card which has only my name on it. Should I submit the statements of that credit card and copy of the card. I paid most of our utility bills online with that card and let payment confirmation email sent to my email address. I can also print some confirmation emails.

We are going to refinance our new car which I am co-buyer. More likely we will get approval from bank. Will submit that one as well.

We don't have children. So we cant submit any paper works related with the baby.

Please advise if I missed something or any other advice will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Can somebody read through this last list of documents for me please. Thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Can somebody read through this last list of documents for me please. Thank you.

looks good...i think you don't have to send the credit card that only has your name on it.

Good morning everyone,

1 application form

2 check - $590

12 copy of bank statements - 3 each for checking, saving and money market (send some that encompass the entire time you've been married, not just 3 statements. Make sure they're full statements however.)

13 copy of debit cards (not sure you need these, you're including bank statements.)

16 copy of car ownership

17 copy of car insurance

18 tax transcripts and tax returns - 2013 and 2014 - married jointly (just send the tax transcripts.)

Thank you.

I made my suggestions in red.

I see zero point in sending utility or credit card statements with only a single spouse's name.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Send copies of the credit cards showing you both are a part of thr same account btw

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.