KennyG

Venezuela Anyone filing for K fiancé

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Yes, you have to be very vigilant in constantly checking on the status of your case and emailing. The countries broken so it's not a normal way that things are done. I emailed once I knew our case left NVC to the consulate. The email back very quickly with an appointment date and 20 days. So September 8 is the interview. This week he is flying to get his police record medical exam done in Caracas. It's gone very quickly but again you have to just keep up on knowing where your cases The email back very quickly with an appointment date and 20 days. So September 8 is the interview. This week he is flying to get his police record medical exam done in Caracas. It's gone very quickly but again you have to just keep up on knowing where your case is at....

Filed: Other Timeline

Good luck. My fiancés interview is scheduled for this Wednesday. I had to call the embassy literally about 100 times until someone finally emailed me back. I'm so excited to be at this point though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi,

I just checked the USCIS website today and seen that our case was approved yesterday my fiancé lives in San Cristobal can anyone here give me feed backs on what exactly I should have him start gathering ? he is traveling to Caracas next month for the police certificate hopefully is not to soon for him to get it I emailed the embassy to make sure the certificate doesn't need to be apostille since is taking 6 months to get an appointment from the ministerio de relaciones exteriores thank God it doesn't.. I don't know how long the NVC takes what should I be expecting next ? maybe I am trying to get ahead of myself but since Venezuela is going thru such a rough time I don't want any bumps or delays down our path any help or advise would be so much appreciated it...

Timeline

Hi, the NVC will take up to one month. Your police certificate is good for three months. You should have your appointment by then and should be good to go. You do NOT need a "Apostille" no!!! It has been waived because it's taking such a long time to obtain. You do need from the state of origin a state stamp for seal on the birth certificate. Once you get a receipt number from NVC the petitioner needs to email the Embassy for appointment. Once you have an appointment you can make a medical appointment.

Below is some additional information of our interview.

It was OK so ...

Arrived at 6 am to the embassy, ​​I did not go in first because it is a different visa for tourist. At 8:30 I was able to in go and take my number, for the K1 nonimmigrants line. After 40 minutes, they called me up. The clerk, a Venezuela woman, made me about 15 questions. After verifying, she had me sign a pledge that said I have 90 days to marry and other not take public assistance services, then I went to pay the fee for the visa and handed two receipts.

After I waited 40 minutes more, the second clerk called me for an interview. This was the American consular official, basically he asked me the same questions. First he made me swear I would say it was real and he meant honestly. After 6 questions YOUR said VISA is approved welcome to the United States. He gave me a sheet that read the news.

The questions were as follows.....

Was 2 interview

How I meet my fiancee

Where

Phone number

Where he lives

What he doing for work

Postal code

How much I see him

Where we talk

Timeline

Hi, the NVC will take up to one month. Your police certificate is good for three months. You should have your appointment by then and should be good to go. You do NOT need a "Apostille" no!!! It has been waived because it's taking such a long time to obtain. You do need from the state of origin a state stamp for seal on the birth certificate. Once you get a receipt number from NVC the petitioner needs to email the Embassy for appointment. Once you have an appointment you can make a medical appointment.

Below is some additional information of our interview.

It was OK so ...

Arrived at 6 am to the embassy, ​​I did not go in first because it is a different visa for tourist. At 8:30 I was able to in go and take my number, for the K1 nonimmigrants line. After 40 minutes, they called me up. The clerk, a Venezuela woman, made me about 15 questions. After verifying, she had me sign a pledge that said I have 90 days to marry and other not take public assistance services, then I went to pay the fee for the visa and handed two receipts.

After I waited 40 minutes more, the second clerk called me for an interview. This was the American consular official, basically he asked me the same questions. First he made me swear I would say it was real and he meant honestly. After 6 questions YOUR said VISA is approved welcome to the United States. He gave me a sheet that read the news.

The questions were as follows.....

Was 2 interview

How I meet my fiancee

Where

Phone number

Where he lives

What he doing for work

Postal code

How much I see him

Where we talk

Hi Kenny,

thank you for your response what do you mean by the birth certificate needing a state stamp seal ? is that something new ? and how do you get that ? would you know what is called in Spanish ? so I can have my fiancé find out if his needs it? I was also born in Venezuela I don't need to send my birth certificate right? I am a naturalized USC

Timeline

I sent my birth certificate. Your fiancé will have to bring his to the interview make extra a copy of the front and back. My fiancé had a birth certificate that he got stamped from the city or state where he was born.

Filed: Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi, I recently received our NOA1 for my fiance who lives in VZ. I was wondering if is of any help for the usa fiance to be at the interview? I'm not sure if I'd be able to get a visitors visa to Venezuela before his interview takes place. Have any of you recently dealt with the new visa requirements into Venezuela and would you say it adds value if the USA fiance is present at the K1 interview?

Edited by Meggers

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi, I didn't go to my fiancé's interview but he was approved. Just make sure you have all of the paperwork they ask for. The evidence is also very important. My fiancé had copies of everything from the copy of the i129 form to copies of the evidence I submitted. Good luck!

Filed: Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi, I didn't go to my fiancé's interview but he was approved. Just make sure you have all of the paperwork they ask for. The evidence is also very important. My fiancé had copies of everything from the copy of the i129 form to copies of the evidence I submitted. Good luck!

Thanks! In glad to hear he was approved. Makes me slightly less stressed about not being there. ☺

Timeline

Hello! It's so good to hear from other people who are going through this process in Venezuela. I received my NOA1 yesterday and with the way things are going at the CSC, it seems like I'll (hopefully!!!) get the NOA2 within a month or two. My fiancé is moving back to Merida from Argentina in a couple of weeks and I'd love to hear more about the paperwork gathering side of the process. I know how slow Venezuela moves and how ridiculously hard the govt is making it to obtain legal documents -- how early should he start gathering his documents, especially since the approval process seems to be going faster than anticipated?

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I sent my birth certificate. Your fiancé will have to bring his to the interview make extra a copy of the front and back. My fiancé had a birth certificate that he got stamped from the city or state where he was born.

Hello!

I need some help here. I know that my fiance needs to send me some documents for the interview, like his birth certificate and the I-134 form. What company did you used to sent your documents? FeDex?? and how fast is it. Thanks a lot and congratulations on your visa!!!

Timeline

Thanks! In glad to hear he was approved. Makes me slightly less stressed about not being there. ☺

I'm so scared about this too, My fiance was planning to come to Venezuela to go to the interview with me but the whole tourist visa for US citizens is making it impossible. I'm so scared to go alone to the interview, please if anybody have some advices for this I would appreciate it

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I'm so scared about this too, My fiance was planning to come to Venezuela to go to the interview with me but the whole tourist visa for US citizens is making it impossible. I'm so scared to go alone to the interview, please if anybody have some advices for this I would appreciate it

Hi Neyla. Dm.

:luv:If you're tearing down my world, please just try to do it gently.There is love inside.... (L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.