CanaTex

They say they sent it, but nothing is reaching me or my fiance

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was wondering if anyone else has run across not receiving documents. I didn't receive my NOA-2 or the letter from the NVC or my invoice but both parties say they sent it. Now my fiancé is being told by the consulate that they sent package three out on the 19th and she hasn't received anything either. Its one thing for one of s not to get something but both. Has anyone else run into this??? Are they really sending documents out??? I received my first NOA1 so I know they have the correct address. So confused. Any comments or help would be appreciated.

Timeline

It took us a month, nearly to the day, to receive the hardcopy of the NOA-2.... We've not yet received any other hardcopies of any NVC notices or anything from the Montreal Consulate at all. So you're not alone!

Timeline

Wow we have dates that are almost identical in everything.........I still haven't received my NOA-2 and have filed an inquiry but it says I shouldn't expect a reply until July 3rd. We spoke with the consulate and they received the packet and mailed package three. The NVC said they mailed our invoice and all that three weeks ago. Still nothing. I have the case number and invoice number and we are well ahead to get everything done. I'm not sure this might be more frustrating then waiting for the second NOA. Thanks for your reply.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

do you have a namecard taped to your mail slot/box/apparatus? if no, put one there, with your name, the rest of the names of the humans that live there, plus the beneficiary's name.

USPS carriers sometimes don't put stuff where it belongs, or send it back if they are a floater for the day, don't know the route or people on it, and are unclear who is where. it sucks, but with a namecard, it removes all ambiguity for the floaters on yer circuit.

usually i mention to meet up with your postal carrier, give over a plate of cookies or brownies, introduce yerself, but these postal carriers are getting cranky about snackies.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Actually, I did. I went up to her and my mailbox does have my name in it. I asked her the typical routine if something is returned or doesn't fit. She knows my name and was very nice. It appears it hasn't come. All of my other mail both packages, cards, bills anything really has all arrived correctly. It just doesn't make any sense. lol Thanks though I would have never thought of giving them snacks!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.