KennyG

NOA 2 Questions

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi, So happy for K-1 fiance NOA2 approval !! ! ! :dancing:

3 Questions VENEZUELAN

1. Form I-134 Affidavit of Support. My fiance (beneficiary) does not have any documented income. He just graduated college a 1 1/2 year ago. The Venezuelan economy sucks for jobs. How should he fill out form. He has no income--how does that affect things. The Latin culture is such, whereas families all live together and support each other. He lives with his family.

2. DS3025 or DS160 or do both get filled out? What for is needed for Medical Clearance?? and should an official copy be requested for future status change in the U.S.?

3. Is there a forum link to the Venezuelan guides on here for information sharing. How things go there and happen, hints, etc....

So thankful for this site....... :luv:(L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

The beneficiary don't need to fill out any income papers the USC does and need to meet the income requirement (believe it's $19.000 something)

When I did my k1 I needed to fill out the ds160 form, not sure if this differs from country to country. Suggest you wait for the checklist from your embassy.

Your case needs to be processed through Nvc before it gets to your embassy, for us that took about a month.

3 Questions VENEZUELAN

1. Form I-134 Affidavit of Support. My fiance (beneficiary) does not have any documented income. He just graduated college a 1 1/2 year ago. The Venezuelan economy sucks for jobs. How should he fill out form. He has no income--how does that affect things. The Latin culture is such, whereas families all live together and support each other. He lives with his family.

Beneficarys job has no importance on the k1. The Beneficiary would obviously have to quit their job anyway when they move to the states. Just put Unemployed.

2. DS3025 or DS160 or do both get filled out? What for is needed for Medical Clearance?? and should an official copy be requested for future status change in the U.S.?

DS160. The Medical is to make sure the beneficiary is not bringing contageous diseases into the states, and will need to be up to date on certain vaccinations. These are not actually required for the k1. But they are required for AOS and a lot more costly to get in the states.

The Beneficiary will be given a form at the interview that was provided by the medical to take to the states for AOS.

3. Is there a forum link to the Venezuelan guides on here for information sharing. How things go there and happen, hints, etc....

Try using the search box at the top right. Look for reviews on the interview and medical. Contact people who have been there and done it

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Atop every VJ page are links for "Embassy Info" and "Reviews: Embassy." Click those and read about Caracas.

There's also the Mexico, Latin & South America regional forum -- scroll down the forums list and find it.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

3 Questions VENEZUELAN

Hi Im venezuelan I went through the k1 process on 2012. is really simple! once you get your noa2 in hand your fiance needs to make an appt with one of the physicians (see panel of physicians in the embassy webpage). I was living in Caracas in so I picked Dr Rigoberto Marcano (he was also a good friend of my dad but I dont know if he still works for the embassy). I got my appointment within days. You need to bring a copy of the noa 2, a paperwork you need to fill before goin in there and a passport photo. It's kind of long so let your fiance know he needs at least a few hours free. Its also important to bring a copy of his vaccination record, otherwise the dr is going to apply every vaccine he thinks its important (back 2012 every vaccine was bsf 120 so probably is WAY more expensive now).

Meanwhile, the petitioner needs to contact the NVC (National visa center and request the CRS number)... compare to other embassies, you need to contact them and request an appointment! they wont contact you!. You need to send them an email with your crs number and other info (names, dates, noa2 info etc ect) saying that you are an USC petitioner and you need a an appoitment for a k1 visa interview. They usually answer within 1-2 weeks with a date and a list of forms and documents.

They usually give you 2-3 weeks to get ready for the interview. Things I remember they requested: Affidavit of support (only the usc petitioner needs to fill this up) last 3 taxes, forms (not quite sure the numbers), the medical results (within a week, your fiance must pick up the results on a seal envelope, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES he shouldnt open it, it must remain sealed). I also bring photos, emails, aiplanes tickets, hotel receipts etc etc etc.

Your fiance needs a certified copy of his birth certificate and police record (both documents needs to be "apostillados"). I strongly recommend you to wait until you get the NOA2 cause this documents has a valid life of 3 months only.

The day of your appointment I strongly recommend you to go together! (I went with my now husband and my interview was significantly shorter and easier compare to a girl who went for the same visa but she went alone). We arrived there around 7 am and got out around 1 pm. Once you are there dont do the lines (those are for tourist visa only). You are going to see a guard and you need to let them know you are there for a different kind of visa. They will take you inside to do a different and smaller line.

You will go through 2 interviews: the 1st one is to request all the documentation and they also make a few questions, then they send you to pay (They accept debit and cash only, thank God I had enough cash that day cause the terminal was damage and they only accept cash). Is kind of long wait but hey! you are just about to be over. They will call you to a second interview to ask more personal question. When the lady who performing the interview saw that my then fiance was there, she called him. No joke! she made 3-4 questions and that was it!!! she didn't even ask to see nor a single photo!!! Funny fact, cause the girl who went alone (she was also there for a k1 visa) she was interview for probably 45 mins and she had to pulled every single picture and receipt she had! at least she got approved.

After you get approved, they will keep the beneficiary's passport and they will send you to pay for shipping (they have a small DHL office inside the embassy). You pay and you need to tell them where do you want to get your package (home or you can pick it up at your closest dhl). I personally rather to picked it up myself cause I wasn't home all the time, and they only deliver to the owner of the passport.

My appointment was a day before easter so it took little over 10 days to get my package but it usually takes a week or so. You will get 2 yellow envelopes, both sealed...the small one contains your passport with the visa inside and the other package contains your whole k1 package. that second giant package it must remain sealed!!! under any circumstances must be opened! immigration officers are the only allow to open it once the beneficiary arrive to the States.

That big envelope must remain in carry on luggage all the time cause you need to give it to an officer at the POE.

When it comes to POE: once you arrive to the US, you need to go through inmigration just like everybody else, but after that they will send you to an immigration room where your case is going to be processed. They will keep your passport and the large package. I strongly recommend you to fly on week days and avoid holidays, saturdays, sundays and even mondays. This room gets really crowed! and they can take up to 2-5 hours to process you. I also recommend you the 1st flight in the morning or the late one. I traveled caracas-miami 2 weeks after easter so it was low season...I also took the last flight that day (5.30 pm) friday. So I was only there for 1 and half (arrived at 8.30 got out at 10 pm)

If you need to make connection flights, make sure to plan ahead and give at least 6 hours between flights or stay overnight. The officers won't speed your process just because you have a flight to catch. I live in south florida so Miami was my only flight.

Dont worry about your luggage, a lady from the aiport usually goes to this rooms and write down your luggage receipt numbers so once you got, they are all together with a sign with your name.

During this time inside you are not allow to make phone calls or text! you can barely speaks to others in there!. What we did? when my husband went to the interview he brought me a prepaid phone (those you buy at walgreens) so I could called or text him as soon as I land. We already knew about the POE ordeal so we were ready and not worry. If you are traveling with your fiance, be ready to wait along with him cause the fact he might be traveling with an USC wont speed things up inside the immigration room.

Officers will call his name and they will open the package in front of him. They will tell him that he only has 90 days to get married, seal his passport and he is free to go.

I strongly recommend to get marry as soon as you can so can apply for his greencard sooner. It takes a while so trust me, you wanna be working on that so he can get his dl, ssn and other documentations done quick. we kind of procrastinate and it took me 9 months to get my gc :( Once you get his gc, you will have 2 years free from any paperwork hahahaha

For the greencard your fiance will need a copy of his birth certificate so make sure he brings all his persoanl paperwok

well thats pretty much everything! i highly doubt things have a change in 2-3 years hahahahahah if you have ay question let me know! good luck to u 2 lovebirds

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.