7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all, I am just here to express the frustrations I have been going through with this entire process. So let me start from the begining I got married in August 2013. My wife "then a P.R." started the filing of the I130 in Sept. 2013. We got the initial response & a priority date of Sept. 26 2013.

After waiting until January 7 this year for the I-130 to be approved yes almost 16 months. When I contacted the NVC I was informed they have a priority date of Jan. 7, 2015. as if that is even remotely possible. I was asked to scan the original NOA 1, which I did. Sent an email, only to waste two months because in the body of my email there my Birth date wasn't in it. So no one could verify the document. So I had to resend it.

My Wife got naturalized in March this year, so I sent a request for it to be updated. I got a response from NVC in May that they received it "A little over 2 months" and they are reviewing it. Now they have been reviewing the document nearly 2 months now without responding to me. When I call all I hear is they will soon complete it, no real time line is given. It's so frustrating. I am a grown man my baby was born in January & my wife took him to see me for a month. Today while they were leaving I broke down in the airport and cried. The first time in my life I cried because someone was leaving. I couldn't hold it back. I have developed such a bond with him. I feel totally helpless like I failed my son. The worst part of this thing is not knowing what is happening.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Sorry to hear that..it happened to me twice..i am still waiting..i hope to spend 2015 Christmas with my son..I undestand your situation..worst moments you can ever have,¡t is saying goodbye to your baby... :-(

USCIS

Chicago lockbox

09/02/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 Sent (USPS)

09/15/16: Email/Text from LockBox@USCIS

09/19/16: I-797-C letters received

09/27/16: BIO early walk-in (10/06/2016)

10/05/16: I-485 RFE email received

10/11/16: RFE yellow letter received/RFE package sent

10/13/16: RFE package delivered (USPS)

10/14/16: RFE package received by USCIS (Email received from USCIS)

11/23/16: I-765 was approved. Card ordered (Expedite processing/Job offer)

11/28/16: EAD Card was mailed

12/01/16: EAD Card was in the mail

05/15/16: Interview scheduled for 6/13/17

6/13/17: Interview. Not approved in the spot. IO wanted to check for gonorrhea test on I-693. She said maybe we could get RFE.

6/19/13: I-797C Letter on the mail. I-130 was approved. 

6/26/17: Email update: Green card production was ordered on 6/24/17

6/29/17: Email saying card was mailed on 6/28/17

6/30/17: We received the card. 

6/30/17: Waiting for ROC in 2 years (6/13/19)

ROC

03/16/19: Sent by USPS

03/19/19: Ready for PickUp ny USPS

03/22/19: Check cashed by USCIS

03/25/19: Extension letter received

11/22/19: BIO 

04/27/2020 Got Email Text saying Card is being produced (Interview waived) 

04/28/2020 Got Email/Text saying Approval letter sent 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Sorry to hear this. You should consult good attorney. Looks like they have messed up your case somehow. I have never heard of changing priority date. Your lawyer can present your case and can demand nvc the answers. Your wife can go to congressman and ask his office to initiate inquiry. It will be extremely hard to get any answers online because it is so rare that they change priority date. Can you show nvc when you paid application fees. Copy of check or money order. Imwish you all the best.

11/27/2013 - Priority Date

04/01/2015 - I-130 Approved

04/21/2015 - NVC received Case

04/29/2015 - DS261 filled

05/02/2015 - Case under CSPA review

06/04/2015 - Supervisor review Initiated-Wait 42 days

Filed: Other Timeline

Sorry for you too I feel you same thing with my babies and father happened, my husband crying over the phone for the first time our kids growing away from daddy because of This process.... Some how it make the family stronger .... I hope you get this huge mistake get it fix it s long enough 16 months I am really sorry and wish you the best too.

Try the advises suggest by nilx25 and good luck!

Pd 24 july 2014

Case complete 12/08/2015

Interview date ##

Medical app. Date feb. 1st 2016

Visa in hand ???

POE ???

Timeline

So sorry to hear whats happening to you, its extremely hard being away from your family. Have your wife contact her congressman ASAP let them do a inquiry to NVC they will respond to them, this may help to speed up the process. Good luck

Timeline

Thanks for the replies & suggestions, I think I will try the Congressman's suggestion. I called the NVC today again & basically got the same response grrrr.

Hi all, I am just here to express the frustrations I have been going through with this entire process. So let me start from the begining I got married in August 2013. My wife "then a P.R." started the filing of the I130 in Sept. 2013. We got the initial response & a priority date of Sept. 26 2013.

After waiting until January 7 this year for the I-130 to be approved yes almost 16 months. When I contacted the NVC I was informed they have a priority date of Jan. 7, 2015. as if that is even remotely possible. I was asked to scan the original NOA 1, which I did. Sent an email, only to waste two months because in the body of my email there my Birth date wasn't in it. So no one could verify the document. So I had to resend it.

My Wife got naturalized in March this year, so I sent a request for it to be updated. I got a response from NVC in May that they received it "A little over 2 months" and they are reviewing it. Now they have been reviewing the document nearly 2 months now without responding to me. When I call all I hear is they will soon complete it, no real time line is given. It's so frustrating. I am a grown man my baby was born in January & my wife took him to see me for a month. Today while they were leaving I broke down in the airport and cried. The first time in my life I cried because someone was leaving. I couldn't hold it back. I have developed such a bond with him. I feel totally helpless like I failed my son. The worst part of this thing is not knowing what is happening.

so sad and heartfelt...but this is the story of many of us here on this visa process. I doubt that there is anyone reading these forums who hasn't broken down at the sheer pressures and frustrations of this process.

I really do feel for you and I know that many people are sending you their best wishes.I certainly am.

stay strong and all the best.

Priority Date - December 2, 2013

USCIS -

12/02/13 : NOA1 (Priority Date)

03/24/15 : Case Transferred from VSC to CSC

03/28/15 : Hard copy of transfer received in mail

04/14/15 : NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) - finally! (informed via text on 4/16/2015)

NVC -

04/29/15 : NVC received the case (informed during phone call to NVC on 5/01/2015

05/08/15 : Case number assigned and IIN (received via phone call on 5/14/2015)

05/12/15 : NVC Welcome letter mailed

05/19/15 : NVC Welcome received in mail

05/29/15 : DS-261 Finally Available on CEAC and completed

05/29/15 : AOS bill Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

06/02/15 : AOS bill status: PAID

06/15/15 : IV invoice generated (notified by email) but unable to pay on CEAC...waiting...

07/05/15 : IV bill Finally Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

07/08/15 : IV bill status: PAID

07/08/15 : DS-260 Available

07/12/15 : DS-260 completed and submitted

07/13/15 : AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

07/14/15 : AOS and IV package received by NVC

07/16/15 : Scan Date

07/28/15 : CASE COMPLETE - NO checklist! :dancing::dancing::dancing:London...here we come...!!

08/04/15 : CC Email received...waiting for Interview Letter....

08/11/15 : Interview letter (IL/P4) received ...interview date 9/11/2015! :dancing: :dancing::dancing:

EMBASSY -

08/11/15 : Case Shipped to embassy

08/12/15 : Case Arrived in UK (tracked on DHL website)

08/12/15 : Medical completed

08/14/15 : CEAC showing IN TRANSIT

08/18/15 : CEAC showing READY

09/11/15 : Interview date (initial)

09/08/15 : Interview date (rescheduled on 8/18/2015) - APPROVED :)

xx/xx/15 : Visa in hand
xx/xx/15 : POE....Dulles airport!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.