Changoleon

Administrative Processing in Ankara/Turkey. (merged threads)

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Oh! Some one from Turkey! This is great! Thanks for commenting :)

I have a lot of questions.

1. Correct me if I'm wrong. You waited from April 27 till June 9 because you're documents were missing right ?

2. On June 24 you're status changed to ready. Your case number starts with ANK2015... Right? If your case is ready, your case number must show up in the link you sent to me ? But I check it everyday. That list was last updated in June 15 and non of case numbers start with ANK2015...

3. What do you mean by we also went from immigrant to non immigrant? Is that how it works?

Yeah we are in AP now. They told me to keep my passport until they contact me. I keep checking that link, but my case number is not there. Last year I went to states with a tourist visa. I think my clearance check would be shorter than normal. However it may be different this time.

I'm Iranian. I also read that the process for Iranians would take longer. We have to wait anyways.

Thanks again.

Please let me know if you get something. I'll be very appreciated. I'll do the same.

Good luck

1. It was because of missing documents. We finally recieved his police report in early June and we sent it in and they processed it starting June 9.

2. Our case number starts with ANK2014. I think that web page is for those who are under security AP because ours went to ready on CEAC. We were not told to wait or anything, just to send it in.

3. K-1's are a bit odd. They are processed as immigrant visas but issued and printed as non-immigrant because they don't automatically provide green cards. So when a K-1 is finished processing it becomes a non immigrant visa while it gets printed and issued.

I heard Iranians have a harder time then Turks. The process is awful but just hang in there. It will end soon. Good luck!

I-129F Sent: 10/10/2014

NOA1: 11/3/2014

NOA2: 12/08/2014

Interview:4/27/2015

221g denial for missing police clearence
Recieved Police Clearance on 6/1/2015
Sent Police Clearance and Passport to embassy on 6/2/2015
CEAC Status updates:
6/9/2015- AP
6/10/2015-AP
6/22/2015- AP
6/24/2015- READY
Case Creation Date Changed: 6/24/2015
Changed from Immigrant to Non-IV visa: 6/24/2015
6/25/2015- AP again :(
6/29/2015- ISSUED!
7/01/2015- Visa in hand

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

No we were never told to look for our case number on the website. That is only for those who got security checks AP: We were just told to send it when we had the missing documents.

I-129F Sent: 10/10/2014

NOA1: 11/3/2014

NOA2: 12/08/2014

Interview:4/27/2015

221g denial for missing police clearence
Recieved Police Clearance on 6/1/2015
Sent Police Clearance and Passport to embassy on 6/2/2015
CEAC Status updates:
6/9/2015- AP
6/10/2015-AP
6/22/2015- AP
6/24/2015- READY
Case Creation Date Changed: 6/24/2015
Changed from Immigrant to Non-IV visa: 6/24/2015
6/25/2015- AP again :(
6/29/2015- ISSUED!
7/01/2015- Visa in hand

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Are the Administrative Processing and security check the same?

I didn't get what you're trying to say with mentioning the name "Ahmad"

Are you Iranian?

If they told you to wait for your number on the website it's most likely security check which goes to Washington DC to be completed. If you have a common Muslim name like Ahmed or Abdelrahman it can make the wait longer because it takes a while to clear your name. This is what I heard.

Filed: Timeline

Guys, let me ask my question this way,

I had my interview for my K-1 visa on June 16, 2015 in Ankara / Turkey and they sent my case to administrative processing. The consular officer told me to check this webpage http://www.usemb-ankara.org.tr/consular/english/immigrant_admin_processing.htmland when I see my case number, to take my passport to embassy so they can put my visa on it. So up untill now there are no news from my case number on the link above.

My case number starts with ANK2015...

ANK obviously is for Ankara and 2015 is the year they got my case right?

The link above doesn't have any case number starting with ANK2015... not only mine!

Embassy got my case from NVC on May 5 2015. So the question is Do people whom K1 cases are in administrative processing in Ankara require long time to be processed? I mean suppose there is some guy whose K1 case was sent to administrative processing in Ankara on February 2015. So his would also start with ANK2015 right? Or March or April or whatever? Or should I interpret it that as no one's case from Ankara have not been sent to AP in 2015 and I'm the first one.

Idk. Somebody help me over here. Anybody whose case is in AP in Ankara out there?

Any info would be appreciated

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

http://www.usemb-ankara.org.tr/consular/english/immigrant_admin_processing.html

They have updated the list above. is there anybody whose case number is added to the list?

mine is not :(

Check your case number here since your interview was after March 2015

http://turkey.usembassy.gov/iv_status_check.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

A mod should probably move your post to your regional forum where you can get more specific answers.

As I read it your number has not appeared yet, it says on the link : After your case number appears, you can send your passport, OF-194 refusal sheet and missing documents, if any, to the U.S. Embassy Ankara.

It also says : Most cases require 3-6 months to complete their administrative processing. However, please understand that this process has no time constraints and may even take longer.

To me it does not indicate that you are the only person in AP, it is just that your number hasn't been listed yet with the others,

neither have the February 2015 applicants.

Yes, ANK is for Ankara and 2015 the year you received your case number from NVC.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from US Embassy & Consulate Discussion to Europe/Eurasia Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is embassy-specific~

~duplicate/similar posts removed~

~merged same/similar-themed topics~

~Please refrain from multiple posting of same/similar topic~

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.