Changoleon

Administrative Processing in Ankara/Turkey. (merged threads)

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi there,

So today i had my K1 visa interview in Ankara, Turkey.

The officer asked me several questions about how me and my fiance met, our fields in university, where does my fiance works and etc.

Later on he asked me if I have a CV with myself. And unfortunately I didn't have one.

So he told me that my case is in administrative processing and he asked me to send my CV to them by email. He also told me that administrative processing may take 2 to 3 months.

Anyone have any experience about this? Have anyone been to administrative processing?

Any info would be appreciated.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

We had 221g administrative processing in Ankara. My Turkish fiance had his interview on April 27 and was missing his police certificate. We ended up finally recieving the thing at the beginning of June and sent it with our passport like the CO asked us to. They started processing us on June 9th. On the 10th CEAC still said AP. Due to the technical problem we were in AP until the 24th when our status changed to ready and got a new cc date. We also went from immigrant to non immigrant. As of yesterday we are on AP again, which I heard means they are printing our visa but the embassy and CEAC won't give us any direct information.

I think you guys are on the security checks AP right? You were told to keep your passport until they contacted you? You can check here if your case number shows up. http://www.usemb-ankara.org.tr/consular/english/immigrant_admin_processing.html

Also are you guys from Turkey or Iran? I have heard that you are more likely to get AP if you are from Iran.

I-129F Sent: 10/10/2014

NOA1: 11/3/2014

NOA2: 12/08/2014

Interview:4/27/2015

221g denial for missing police clearence
Recieved Police Clearance on 6/1/2015
Sent Police Clearance and Passport to embassy on 6/2/2015
CEAC Status updates:
6/9/2015- AP
6/10/2015-AP
6/22/2015- AP
6/24/2015- READY
Case Creation Date Changed: 6/24/2015
Changed from Immigrant to Non-IV visa: 6/24/2015
6/25/2015- AP again :(
6/29/2015- ISSUED!
7/01/2015- Visa in hand

We had 221g administrative processing in Ankara. My Turkish fiance had his interview on April 27 and was missing his police certificate. We ended up finally recieving the thing at the beginning of June and sent it with our passport like the CO asked us to. They started processing us on June 9th. On the 10th CEAC still said AP. Due to the technical problem we were in AP until the 24th when our status changed to ready and got a new cc date. We also went from immigrant to non immigrant. As of yesterday we are on AP again, which I heard means they are printing our visa but the embassy and CEAC won't give us any direct information.

I think you guys are on the security checks AP right? You were told to keep your passport until they contacted you? You can check here if your case number shows up. http://www.usemb-ankara.org.tr/consular/english/immigrant_admin_processing.html

Also are you guys from Turkey or Iran? I have heard that you are more likely to get AP if you are from Iran.

Oh! Some one from Turkey! This is great! Thanks for commenting :)

I have a lot of questions.

1. Correct me if I'm wrong. Did you wait from a

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Your questions got cut off so I can't see what they are. If you mean did we wait to send the passport until we were told to by the embassy?

Our answer is no. We were told to send the passport and his police clearence when we recieved it. There was an option on the piece of paper they gave us talking about security related AP and saying to wait until the embassy contacts you to send the passport but it wasn't checked off in our case.

I-129F Sent: 10/10/2014

NOA1: 11/3/2014

NOA2: 12/08/2014

Interview:4/27/2015

221g denial for missing police clearence
Recieved Police Clearance on 6/1/2015
Sent Police Clearance and Passport to embassy on 6/2/2015
CEAC Status updates:
6/9/2015- AP
6/10/2015-AP
6/22/2015- AP
6/24/2015- READY
Case Creation Date Changed: 6/24/2015
Changed from Immigrant to Non-IV visa: 6/24/2015
6/25/2015- AP again :(
6/29/2015- ISSUED!
7/01/2015- Visa in hand

Oh! Some one from Turkey! This is great! Thanks for commenting :)

I have a lot of questions.

1. Correct me if I'm wrong. You waited from April 27 till June 9 because you're documents were missing right ?

2. On June 24 you're status changed to ready. Your case number starts with ANK2015... Right? If your case is ready, your case number must show up in the link you sent to me ? But I check it everyday. That list was last updated in June 15 and non of case numbers start with ANK2015...

3. What do you mean by we also went from immigrant to non immigrant? Is that how it works?

Yeah we are in AP now. They told me to keep my passport until they contact me. I keep checking that link, but my case number is not there. Last year I went to states with a tourist visa. I think my clearance check would be shorter than normal. However it may be different this time.

I'm Iranian. I also read that the process for Iranians would take longer. We have to wait anyways.

Thanks again.

Please let me know if you get something. I'll be very appreciated. I'll do the same.

Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.