Allison25

B2 Visa For Young Married Couple

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey there everyone!

I have been reading extensively the previous topics posted here but there really haven't been any that addresses my particular situation. So here is the thing:

1. I am renewing my B2 visa which expired in 2012. However I traveled to the US numerous times on this. In addition, I had a Shengen visa which also expired a while back.

2. My husband is trying to get his for the first time.

3. We are both 23. I am a student, pursing my BBA. He has already acquired a degree and works as a television show host and editor with one of the more popular television stations. We have a leased apartment, moderate savings and furniture.

4. The purpose of the trip is to celebrate our first anniversary and therefor a portion of the cost will be gifted by our families.

My question is now, what are our chances of being approved? Our date is July 2 in Kingston, Jamaica.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

63.4%

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

The algorithm is proprietary.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Perhaps many of the B's you see on here are denied but this is hardly a representative sample.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Okay thanks

No problem. You can post questions in the caribbean section to get jamaica specific responses. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/153-caribbean/

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

He needs to show strong ties to home. A letter from his employer about taking a holiday may help. Other info that you have mentioned: lease, bank accounts, etc. all helps to show ties to Jamaica.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Timeline

OP you are well versed with the culture & the COs are well trained

regarding such. If hubby is a well-known personality, have great

support letter from his station, is involved in many things to show

strong ties to JA. he may very well be successful. They know these

type of JAs will not leave all that perks, hype & ray ray to go live

in a second class situation seeking to live illegal in the US.

Your renewal of visa with good travel history to the US & elsewhere

will be easier for you. I guess as a newly wed you did not travel for

2 yrs. A strong solid lease, your motor vehicle titles,If you help to

care for a parent, community ties, decent salaries & bank balances

you will need...most of all the CO believe he will return...Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.