Janelle2002

Unintended Pregnancies on the Rise Among 20-Somethings like Bristol Palin: Here's Why

41 posts in this topic

To be fair, it takes two to have sex last time I checked how to have it. ;)

The shame of it is Miss Palin seems to not understand how to use contraception methods, or she simply doesn't believe in using it. Men need to stand up and acknowledge their responsibilities in creating and caring for a life, but so too do women. It's a pity in her statement, Palin doesn't even seem happy she is having this child... which is remarkable considering that one day, this child will view his mother's words and feel shame for no reason.

I am sadly a lady that, while young enough, am old fashioned enough to believe that until I determine that man is good enough in every single way, he gets none of 'this'.. you know? If a man can't handle the responsibilities that may come with sex, why should we choose such a mate? And if there is any doubt as to a man's potential loyalty should a pregnancy result, then he is not worthy to begin with, no matter how nice or how attractive he may be. Too many ladies don't think about that though. Nor do men either (society continues to give men a pass on this.. which I just don't get honestly). Still you have to hand it to so many of our responsible ladies that are single mothers and carrying on with dignity... unfortunately to a degree as a society we are failing our sons and daughters regarding sex. We are not giving them the support and information they need to make such decisions.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

To be fair, it takes two to have sex last time I checked how to have it. ;)

The shame of it is Miss Palin seems to not understand how to use contraception methods, or she simply doesn't believe in using it. Men need to stand up and acknowledge their responsibilities in creating and caring for a life, but so too do women. It's a pity in her statement, Palin doesn't even seem happy she is having this child... which is remarkable considering that one day, this child will view his mother's words and feel shame for no reason.

I am sadly a lady that, while young enough, am old fashioned enough to believe that until I determine that man is good enough in every single way, he gets none of 'this'.. you know? If a man can't handle the responsibilities that may come with sex, why should we choose such a mate? And if there is any doubt as to a man's potential loyalty should a pregnancy result, then he is not worthy to begin with, no matter how nice or how attractive he may be. Too many ladies don't think about that though. Nor do men either (society continues to give men a pass on this.. which I just don't get honestly). Still you have to hand it to so many of our responsible ladies that are single mothers and carrying on with dignity... unfortunately to a degree as a society we are failing our sons and daughters regarding sex. We are not giving them the support and information they need to make such decisions.

I agree with you for the most part except for your last sentence.

They have more than ample support and information….they just other don't care….or just want to have a child.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

In Bristol's case I don't know what is worse - not having a father or having the mother she does. Really, she could not have been born to a worse family.

At least, unlike her mother, she has no trouble coming clean and fessing up to her mishaps... She most certainly didn't inherit that sense of honesty thorough the family genes..

No father around. Exactly the point I am making. America is becoming a society of women raising children with no men.

Women should just take over America. :-)

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

According to the Guttmacher data linked in the article Miss Palin seems to have beaten the statistics.

CONCLUSIONS: Repeat unintended fertility is common, especially among black women, who may differ from other groups in their contraceptive and fertility decisions as well as in their access to and ability to afford family planning services.

Unintended pregnancy rates are highest among poor and low-income women, women aged 18–24, cohabiting women and minority women. [6]

• The rate of unintended pregnancy among poor women (those with incomes at or below the federal poverty level) in 2008 was 137 per 1,000 women aged 15–44, more than five times the rate among women at the highest income level (26 per 1,000). [6]

• Poor women’s high rate of unintended pregnancy results in their also having high rates of both abortions (52 per 1,000) and unplanned births (70 per 1,000). In 2008, poor women had an unintended birth rate nearly six times as high as that of higher-income women (at or above 200% of poverty.)[6,7]

• In 2008, black women had the highest unintended pregnancy rate of any racial or ethnic groups. At 92 per 1,000 women aged 15–44, it was more than double that of non-Hispanic white women (38 per 1,000).[6]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Where are the real men nowadays? If you get a chick pregnant put a ring on her. If you don't see yourself marrying her stop doing the do with her. This should be for men and women but I guess especially for women since men are blaming single mothers on bringing the economy down but they have no problem with participating in making single mothers.

Where are the true woman in USA now of days?

If you are not married keep your legs closed........

and that's what bristol is being paid to preach, she's in the wrong line of work.

....and men could keep their trousers zipped....

:rolleyes:

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

meanwhile, back at post #1 -

this young adult has suffered enough from the moral decay she was exposed to.

right?

can't she just leave Alaska, get a reality tv show in Canada, instead?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

meanwhile, back at post #1 -

this young adult has suffered enough from the moral decay she was exposed to.

right?

can't she just leave Alaska, get a reality tv show in Canada, instead?

the moral decay i see is that she announced on the internet, for everyone to see, how crappy she feels for bringing a new <unintended> human life into the world. good luck kid.

Says the same guy that bragged about how many women he did in his day. You been married that many times?

Burn. LOL

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Filed: Timeline

She's one of the biggest hypocrites in the entire world. She bitches, demeans and bullies people who get pregnant outsides of marriage while pretending to be holier than thou when she's the same.

What a total ####### and snake oil saleswoman. Abstinence does not work..

Edited by jyaku

I-129F Mailed: Aug 16, 2013 | Interview at Embassy Jan 24, 2014

K-1 VISA IN HAND: March 6, 2014

I-485 Mailed: June 20, 2014 | NPIW: October 15, 2014 | Welcome Letter: June 23, 2015

2 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: June 26, 2015

I-751 Mailed: March 20, 2017 | Approval Letter: February 24, 2018

10 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: March 23, 2018

N-400 Filed Online: March 20, 2018

Filed: Timeline

IMO, Bristol can do whatever she wants. She has a decent net worth for her age, has plenty of employment opportunities and will be just fine. I don't think she needs a ring on her finger or a man at all.

So what you're saying is that money essentially replaces a parent. Sorry but I'd have to disagree on that. Money doesn't buy what a father provides.