emman22

Help guys. :) (merged topics)

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi everyone. I am a k2 visa applicant.

I just want to know what is the first thing to do. My mom is already in usa and already got married. Thank you in advance :)

Do your medical and schedule your interview at the Embassy.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

if it's been less than 1 year since your parent's K-1 visa interview,

then you pay the visa application fee, file a DS-160, arrange your medical exam, and get scheduled for the interview (you do this, or the IV Unit does it, depending on where you are)

process varies by consulate/embassy/IV Unit, but that's the overview.

None of this stuff is free, you have monies to pay ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thank you :). Are there any requirements before I file the ds 160 and medical exam?

Welcome to the forum.

Likely, may vary depending on the embassy. Your timeline is vacant, so cannot tell. Contact the interviewing embassy/consulate for specific details and requirements.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thank you :). Are there any requirements before I file the ds 160 and medical exam?

for the PI - you must pay the visa application fee first.

can you access your Mom's casefile up at ustraveldocs.com/ph or no ?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Hi everyone. I'm a son of k1 visa holder, i just want to know what are the requirements for a k2 visa applicant.thank you :)

Greetings,

Does your parent already have their K-1 Visa in hand?

I believe the first requirement to be eligible for the K-2 Visa you had to be listed on your parent's K-1 Visa Application (I-129F) when it was originally filed! You had to be identified on that application as a child that would be accompanying your parent to the US!

If that was not done then you are not eligible for the K-2 Visa! If you were not listed on the application I do not believe there is anyway to change that after-the-fact! You would have to apply for a different type of Visa!

Please - Check with your Parent (K-1 Visa holder) about this!

Kind regards,

Tony

Edited by Tony&Natasha

09/15/2014 Privet

09/17/2014 Met on Skype

11/14/2014 First Trip!

11/17/2014 Engaged!

02/06/2015 Second Trip!

03/02/2015 Sent I-129F

03/05/2015 NOA1!

04/06/2015 RFE

04/10/2015 RFE Answered

04/21/2015 NOA2!

05/08/2015 NVC

06/03/2015 Ready for Interview!!!

06/04/2015 Interview Scheduled for 6/23/2015!

06/18/2015 Interview postponed to 07/07/2015 due to Visa System Database Shutdown.

07/07/2015 Interview! APPROVED! Pick up Visa 3:00 pm Thursday 07/09/2015!!!

07/09/2015 Visa in hand!!!!!

07/12/2015 Purchased Airline tickets - Arriving KLAX 07/30/2015 at 11:45 am Local Time!!!!

07/30/2015 Arrived Los Angeles International Airport

08/21/2015 Married!!!!!!!!

10/04/2015 AOS/EAD/AP Filed

10/13/2015 AOS/EAD/AP NOA1

11/13/2015 Biometrics Completed

12/04/2015 AOS Application Ready - Interview Scheduled 01/14/2016!

01/04/2015 EAD/AP Approved

01/08/2016 EAD/AP Card Arrived

01/14/2016 AOS Interview APPROVED!

01/20/2016 Green Card Delivered to the USPS - ETA 01/23/2016

01/23/2016 Received Green Card!!!

10/16/2017 Sent I-751 ROC to California Service Center

10/19/2017 NOA1 ROC

11/13/2017 Biometrics Appointment.

10/16/2018 Filed N-400 Online

07/10/2019 Naturalization Interview Scheduled for 08/14/2019 09:25

08/14/2019 PASSED Naturalization Interview! Expect Oath Ceremony 9/2019

Hi. My mom left me a letter from the embassy stating that" youre case is eligible for a visa interview." And at the bottom there is the case # and my name is on the traveling applicants. Is this the one?

That's the letter you will need to complete the process.

But, first for you to apply as a K2 to follow (which you have stated) your visa must be issued within a year of your mother's. So find out the first day of validity of your mother's visa typically the date she had her medical. That will tell us if you are eligible. When you have that then return back here and let us know the expiration date of her visa. After we know that then we can help you with your next step.

Also, what is your age?

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Other Timeline

But, first for you to apply as a K2 to follow (which you have stated) your visa must be issued within a year of your mother's. So find out the first day of validity of your mother's visa typically the date she had her medical. That will tell us if you are eligible. When you have that then return back here and let us know the expiration date of her visa. After we know that then we can help you with your next step.

Also, what is your age?

Also, what is your age?

She did her Medical May 2015. I'm already 20.

She did her Medical May 2015. I'm already 20.

Ok, that's the first hurdle and there is plenty of time but now, like apple asked, when is your birthday. The reason for the birthday is we need to know, because you will age out at 21 so we need to know when you turn 21.

K-2 visa holder admitted to the United States before their 21st birthday ARE eligible to adjust status, and may not be ruled ineligible on the basis of having attained his/her 21st birthday. That's the ruling. So you need to be on US soil before you turn 21. I had the same concerns with my 20 yo step daughter, but she arrived with more than 6 months to go and so we were able to adjust her status and now she has her 2 year green card.

Birthday please. Thank you.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Ok, that's the first hurdle and there is plenty of time but now, like apple asked, when is your birthday. The reason for the birthday is we need to know, because you will age out at 21 so we need to know when you turn 21.

K-2 visa holder admitted to the United States before their 21st birthday ARE eligible to adjust status, and may not be ruled ineligible on the basis of having attained his/her 21st birthday. That's the ruling. So you need to be on US soil before you turn 21. I had the same concerns with my 20 yo step daughter, but she arrived with more than 6 months to go and so we were able to adjust her status and now she has her 2 year green card.

Birthday please. Thank you.

My birthday is feb. 22.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.