Habel

US embassy in London appintment times

78 posts in this topic

Hello sbai2000, thanks a lot for your answer.

If you may actually double check (take your time, I am not in rush :) ) and let me know whether or not the email they were supposed to send me and my wife is the same of the page one prints after completion of DS-260, it would be greatly appreciated :)

Anyways, I need to print it because I have not done that when I completed the form for my wife (it is very strange as I am normally very cautious and carefull when it comes to this kind of stuff).

In order to get the confirmation page, I guess that I am going to follow what said in a thread linked by the very kind Habel.

Nich-Nick, I knew I would create confusion (exactly how I did almost one year and half ago when I decided to apply in London :) ).

Basically, like I wrote in a previous post, when I had to apply for my wife I did some research on VJ and found out that - although I was not an US citizen (therefore not eligible for the DCF) - I could have followed the "initial part" of the DCF in London as I had the requirements for that.

In particular, I was residing for more than 6 months in London at time of applying.

I made the decision to apply in London - even though, like I said there is NOT difference in term of duration of the process - because realized that the USCIS stage (basically from NOA1 to NOA2) is dealt much quicker at the embassy in London.

Ad in fact, I got my NOA2 in one month :)

Also the documents I had to send, there was some difference (that I do not remember now) that makes the process easier paper wise.

However, as I said, other than that the process for me follows the ordinary path and after I got approved at the USCIS stage, the US embassy in London sent my wife's papers to the NVC in Rochester where they were kept in a drawer till the 15 of may when my wife (and me, as the petitioner) got the welcome letter.

I sent the documents to the NVC at the mid of july and got CC the 28th of the same month.

Hope this helps to clarify potential confusion :)

hello Danielnglish - yes I am confirming for you that the email contains a pdf of the same DS-260 confirmation that you get when you submit the dS-260. I hope that helps.

Maybe you can get NVC to email the DS-260 email to you again? (but God knows how long it would take for them to send the email!). Your case is definitely confusing/different! lol!

Priority Date - December 2, 2013

USCIS -

12/02/13 : NOA1 (Priority Date)

03/24/15 : Case Transferred from VSC to CSC

03/28/15 : Hard copy of transfer received in mail

04/14/15 : NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) - finally! (informed via text on 4/16/2015)

NVC -

04/29/15 : NVC received the case (informed during phone call to NVC on 5/01/2015

05/08/15 : Case number assigned and IIN (received via phone call on 5/14/2015)

05/12/15 : NVC Welcome letter mailed

05/19/15 : NVC Welcome received in mail

05/29/15 : DS-261 Finally Available on CEAC and completed

05/29/15 : AOS bill Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

06/02/15 : AOS bill status: PAID

06/15/15 : IV invoice generated (notified by email) but unable to pay on CEAC...waiting...

07/05/15 : IV bill Finally Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

07/08/15 : IV bill status: PAID

07/08/15 : DS-260 Available

07/12/15 : DS-260 completed and submitted

07/13/15 : AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

07/14/15 : AOS and IV package received by NVC

07/16/15 : Scan Date

07/28/15 : CASE COMPLETE - NO checklist! :dancing::dancing::dancing:London...here we come...!!

08/04/15 : CC Email received...waiting for Interview Letter....

08/11/15 : Interview letter (IL/P4) received ...interview date 9/11/2015! :dancing: :dancing::dancing:

EMBASSY -

08/11/15 : Case Shipped to embassy

08/12/15 : Case Arrived in UK (tracked on DHL website)

08/12/15 : Medical completed

08/14/15 : CEAC showing IN TRANSIT

08/18/15 : CEAC showing READY

09/11/15 : Interview date (initial)

09/08/15 : Interview date (rescheduled on 8/18/2015) - APPROVED :)

xx/xx/15 : Visa in hand
xx/xx/15 : POE....Dulles airport!

Hello All,

I would like to share my experience from the interview I had today. My visa has been approved and I am really happy for what God has done for us :). I would like to thank everyone here who supported me throughout this process and wish you all the best of luck. Here is my review:

I arrived at the embassy at 6.30am in the morning as my appointment was at 8.00am and joined the queue. At that time there was only four of us however as the time progressed a lot of people joined the queue. My tip for everyone is arrive early so that you can pass the security faster. At 7.45am the staff started to check peoples documents and separated the queue in three different section which one by appointment only, US citizen, and other. I was let through security without any problem. I was then asked by the receptionist to provide my appointment letter as well as DS260 then she returned it with the sticker that has my I number on it.The number I was given was I901 and I was told to go to the siting area and wait for my number to be called.

I sat down and within ten minutes I was called to window 16 to provide all my original documents and was asked to do finger print for verification reason. Once she has checked all the documents she told me to sit down and wait for my number to be called again. My advise for you all is write down your number as they take all your documents until you are called back to the interview again.

I then sat down and wait for my number to be called for the second time which I was called within 30min. I was greeted by a lady and same made me swore that I am telling all the truth. She then asked me the questions below

• How did you guys meet?
  • When was the first time you guys met each other?
  • which university did my husband went to?
  • How long he has been in this job?
  • When was the last time I was in the US?
  • How many times I traveled to the US to visit my husband?

That was all the questions I was asked and I was told that my visa has been approved and I will need to wait for 14 days for my passport to get delivered by courier service I have selected. P.S. please do not forget to print the confirmation page for the courier service as they will ask you provide that.

I would like to thank everyone in the VJ thread and wish everyone again the very best of luck with this long journey.

GLORY TO THE ALMIGHTY AMEN!!! :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

F-2A Visa Journey

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Marriage (if applicable): 2012/12/27 (Happy day :) )

I-130 Sent : 2013-11-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-11-22

I-130 Approved : 2015-04-01 :) (Happy day after waiting for long time)

NVC Received : 2015-04-16 :) (Another joyful day)

Case Number and IIN Received date : 2015-04- 27 (Glory to the lord :) ):

AOS Scan Date: 2015-05-11 (I have been advised to wait 30 days from the date of scan to get case closed)

Case Completed at NVC : 2015-06-04 (Praise the lord almighty :)

Medical Booked: 2015-07-08- Completed

Interview Date: 2015-08-19 (Praise the lord almighty) :)

Interview Result : Visa approved :) Thanks lord

US Entry :

<p>

Hello All,

I would like to share my experience from the interview I had today. My visa has been approved and I am really happy for what God has done for us :). I would like to thank everyone here who supported me throughout this process and wish you all the best of luck. Here is my review:

I arrived at the embassy at 6.30am in the morning as my appointment was at 8.00am and joined the queue. At that time there was only four of us however as the time progressed a lot of people joined the queue. My tip for everyone is arrive early so that you can pass the security faster. At 7.45am the staff started to check peoples documents and separated the queue in three different section which one by appointment only, US citizen, and other. I was let through security without any problem. I was then asked by the receptionist to provide my appointment letter as well as DS260 then she returned it with the sticker that has my I number on it.The number I was given was I901 and I was told to go to the siting area and wait for my number to be called.

I sat down and within ten minutes I was called to window 16 to provide all my original documents and was asked to do finger print for verification reason. Once she has checked all the documents she told me to sit down and wait for my number to be called again. My advise for you all is write down your number as they take all your documents until you are called back to the interview again.

I then sat down and wait for my number to be called for the second time which I was called within 30min. I was greeted by a lady and same made me swore that I am telling all the truth. She then asked me the questions below

• How did you guys meet?
  • When was the first time you guys met each other?
  • which university did my husband went to?
  • How long he has been in this job?
  • When was the last time I was in the US?
  • How many times I traveled to the US to visit my husband?
That was all the questions I was asked and I was told that my visa has been approved and I will need to wait for 14 days for my passport to get delivered by courier service I have selected. P.S. please do not forget to print the confirmation page for the courier service as they will ask you provide that.

I would like to thank everyone in the VJ thread and wish everyone again the very best of luck with this long journey.

GLORY TO THE ALMIGHTY AMEN!!! :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Dear Habel!

A very hearty congratulations to you!! I'm so happy you have done all this and made it this far. Your journey has finally reached the end and I couldn't be happier as I'm sure you and your other half are as well. Thank you for sharing your experience as it will definitely help us prepare for ours.

I did have a few follow up questions for you lol.

It sounds like you were done by 8.45 after it was all said and done?

I was actually curious about what you mentioned about the delivery of the courier option. What confirmation page did you have to take? Did you opt for delivery instead of pickup from a depot? I may have missed that step?

Did they say you need to pay a green card processing fee?

Was the CO a nice person and did they ask for any proof of relationship or things like that ?

Thanks for answering the questions and once again a very big congrats to both you and your other half!!

F2A JOURNEY STATUS

COMPLETE

USCIS

Vermont Service Center

01/17/14 : NOA1 (Priority Date)

03/24/15 : NOA-T (Electronic Transfer notice to California Service Center)

03/28/15 : NOA-T (Hard Copy of Transfer notice received in mail)

03/30/15 : NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) Electronic confirmation

04/03/15 : NOA2 Hard Copy received in mail

NVC

http://www.visajourn...php/NVC_Process

04/16/15 : NVC Received Case (Phone call with CSR confirmed)

04/24/15 : Case number and IIN assigned (Phone Call)

04/27/15 : NVC Welcome Letter received via Email

04/27/15 : DS-261 Waived and AOS & IV bill invoiced

04/28/15 : AOS & IV bill paid (Status: IN PROCESS)

04/29/15 : AOS & IV bill paid (Status: PAID)

04/29/15 : DS-260 Available online

04/30/15 : DS-260 Completed

05/08/15 : AOS and IV Package mailed to NVC

05/26/15 : NVC Scan Date (CSR confirmed)

06/17/15 : Case Complete

07/29/15 : Interview Date Received Sep 2nd! (CSR confirmed) :dancing:

07/30/15 : Interview Letter email received (P4)

07/31/15 : NVC shipped out case to London Embassy

Embassy

07/30/15 : Medical Completed

08/01/15 : CEAC status "In Transit"

08/03/15 : Package received at London Embassy

08/05/15 : CEAC status "Ready"

09/02/15 : Interview

09/02/15 : Interview Result: APPROVED!!

09/03/15 : CEAC status changed to "Administrative Processing"

09/04/15 : CEAC status changed to "Issued " :dancing:

09/10/15 : Visa in hand!!

09/11/15 : POE

@ Habel - YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! :joy::joy: :joy: I join everyone in wishing the biggest, biggest CONGRATULATIONS!!!! you have definitely pioneered the way for those of us UK based! Thank you so very much!

I'm sure you are planning your next step so you can get to your love as soon as possible! Wishing you all the best, sis and I cant wait to hear your responses to Munafn's questions!

Priority Date - December 2, 2013

USCIS -

12/02/13 : NOA1 (Priority Date)

03/24/15 : Case Transferred from VSC to CSC

03/28/15 : Hard copy of transfer received in mail

04/14/15 : NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) - finally! (informed via text on 4/16/2015)

NVC -

04/29/15 : NVC received the case (informed during phone call to NVC on 5/01/2015

05/08/15 : Case number assigned and IIN (received via phone call on 5/14/2015)

05/12/15 : NVC Welcome letter mailed

05/19/15 : NVC Welcome received in mail

05/29/15 : DS-261 Finally Available on CEAC and completed

05/29/15 : AOS bill Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

06/02/15 : AOS bill status: PAID

06/15/15 : IV invoice generated (notified by email) but unable to pay on CEAC...waiting...

07/05/15 : IV bill Finally Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

07/08/15 : IV bill status: PAID

07/08/15 : DS-260 Available

07/12/15 : DS-260 completed and submitted

07/13/15 : AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

07/14/15 : AOS and IV package received by NVC

07/16/15 : Scan Date

07/28/15 : CASE COMPLETE - NO checklist! :dancing::dancing::dancing:London...here we come...!!

08/04/15 : CC Email received...waiting for Interview Letter....

08/11/15 : Interview letter (IL/P4) received ...interview date 9/11/2015! :dancing: :dancing::dancing:

EMBASSY -

08/11/15 : Case Shipped to embassy

08/12/15 : Case Arrived in UK (tracked on DHL website)

08/12/15 : Medical completed

08/14/15 : CEAC showing IN TRANSIT

08/18/15 : CEAC showing READY

09/11/15 : Interview date (initial)

09/08/15 : Interview date (rescheduled on 8/18/2015) - APPROVED :)

xx/xx/15 : Visa in hand
xx/xx/15 : POE....Dulles airport!

Dear Habel!

A very hearty congratulations to you!! I'm so happy you have done all this and made it this far. Your journey has finally reached the end and I couldn't be happier as I'm sure you and your other half are as well. Thank you for sharing your experience as it will definitely help us prepare for ours.

I did have a few follow up questions for you lol.

It sounds like you were done by 8.45 after it was all said and done?

I was actually curious about what you mentioned about the delivery of the courier option. What confirmation page did you have to take? Did you opt for delivery instead of pickup from a depot? I may have missed that step?

Thanks for answering the questions and once again a very big congrats to both you and your other half!!

Hello Munafn,

Thank you for your kind wish and I hope you have a positive outcome from your interview.

It sounds like you were done by 8.45 after it was all said and done? Yes I was done from the interview about 9am as i was the first person on the immigrant visa queue and was called straight away. Therefore, arriving early will not harm.

I was actually curious about what you mentioned about the delivery of the courier option. What confirmation page did you have to take? Did you opt for delivery instead of pickup from a depot? I may have missed that step? When you register with the courier service whether to pick up from the depot or asked to get it delivered to your house they send you an email like the one below which you will need to print out as when they call you to collect the documents they will ask for that.

You have successfully registered your Immigrant Visa appointment on this website.

You must print this instruction page and bring it with you, along with the appointment letter, to the Consular interview.

You must attend your consular interview at the date and time assigned to you in your appointment letter.

For additional information on the Immigration Visa process and required documents, please refer to your appointment letter or visit the Consular Section Website at http://london.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas.html.

Did they say you need to pay a green card processing fee? No they did not ask me to pay for the green card processing fee and I think from what I have read you will pay that when you arrive in the US if I am not wrong.

Was the CO a nice person and did they ask for any proof of relationship or things like that ? The CO was okay but she is doing her job therefore, I would not count that as bad. She did not ask for any proof and I guess my answers were good enough but I carried a big photo album , a lot of email correspondence and airline tickets with me :), My advise is take everything you have as you never know what you can be asked

I hope I have answered all your question and wish you a good luck with your interview. :)

@ Habel - YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! :joy::joy: :joy: I join everyone in wishing the biggest, biggest CONGRATULATIONS!!!! you have definitely pioneered the way for those of us UK based! Thank you so very much!

I'm sure you are planning your next step so you can get to your love as soon as possible! Wishing you all the best, sis and I cant wait to hear your responses to Munafn's questions!

Thank you my dear and I wish you the best of luck with your interview :). I have answered all the Munafn's questions and I hope you find them useful.

F-2A Visa Journey

AOS Scan Date: 2015-05-11 (I have been advised to wait 30 days from the date of scan to get case closed)

US Entry :

Hello Munafn,

Thank you for your kind wish and I hope you have a positive outcome from your interview.

It sounds like you were done by 8.45 after it was all said and done? Yes I was done from the interview about 9am as i was the first person on the immigrant visa queue and was called straight away. Therefore, arriving early will not harm.

I was actually curious about what you mentioned about the delivery of the courier option. What confirmation page did you have to take? Did you opt for delivery instead of pickup from a depot? I may have missed that step? When you register with the courier service whether to pick up from the depot or asked to get it delivered to your house they send you an email like the one below which you will need to print out as when they call you to collect the documents they will ask for that.

You have successfully registered your Immigrant Visa appointment on this website.

You must print this instruction page and bring it with you, along with the appointment letter, to the Consular interview.

You must attend your consular interview at the date and time assigned to you in your appointment letter.

For additional information on the Immigration Visa process and required documents, please refer to your appointment letter or visit the Consular Section Website at http://london.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas.html.

Did they say you need to pay a green card processing fee? No they did not ask me to pay for the green card processing fee and I think from what I have read you will pay that when you arrive in the US if I am not wrong.

Was the CO a nice person and did they ask for any proof of relationship or things like that ? The CO was okay but she is doing her job therefore, I would not count that as bad. She did not ask for any proof and I guess my answers were good enough but I carried a big photo album , a lot of email correspondence and airline tickets with me :), My advise is take everything you have as you never know what you can be asked

I hope I have answered all your question and wish you a good luck with your interview. :)

Thank you my dear and I wish you the best of luck with your interview :). I have answered all the Munafn's questions and I hope you find them useful.

Thank you Yes that answered my questions :) one more lol. What is the DS260 number ? Is the confirmation number the ds260 number starting with "AA" or is it the number starting with OMB?

F2A JOURNEY STATUS

COMPLETE

USCIS

Vermont Service Center

NVC

Embassy

Thank you Yes that answered my questions :) one more lol. What is the DS260 number ? Is the confirmation number the ds260 number starting with "AA" or is it the number starting with OMB?

Yes it is the one that starts with AA.

F-2A Visa Journey

US Entry :

Yes it is the one that starts with AA.

Thanks Habel! I'm registering on the site now. Was there any reason you opted for delivery versus picking up from the depot? just curious. I thought you probably lived closer to a depot. Does delivery work faster than pick up from depot?

F2A JOURNEY STATUS

COMPLETE

USCIS

Vermont Service Center

NVC

Embassy

Thanks Habel! I'm registering on the site now. Was there any reason you opted for delivery versus picking up from the depot? just curious. I thought you probably lived closer to a depot. Does delivery work faster than pick up from depot?

Also one other question Habel - What was the outcome with regards to your change in address? Since I know you were going through the same issue I am at the moment, I was wondering if they asked for an updated address perhaps or did you tell them that you have moved and need to update your address?

Thanks in Advance!!

F2A JOURNEY STATUS

COMPLETE

USCIS

Vermont Service Center

NVC

Embassy

Hi Munafn,

There was no reason that I picked the option for my passport to get delivered to my home address as it was just a preference.

F-2A Visa Journey

US Entry :

Also one other question Habel - What was the outcome with regards to your change in address? Since I know you were going through the same issue I am at the moment, I was wondering if they asked for an updated address perhaps or did you tell them that you have moved and need to update your address?

Thanks in Advance!!

I forgot to do that so I will be informing the address change when I get to the airport.

F-2A Visa Journey

US Entry :

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

hello Danielnglish - yes I am confirming for you that the email contains a pdf of the same DS-260 confirmation that you get when you submit the dS-260. I hope that helps.

Maybe you can get NVC to email the DS-260 email to you again? (but God knows how long it would take for them to send the email!). Your case is definitely confusing/different! lol!

Thank you for your answer, sbai2000!

I did call the NVC couple of days ago, explaining them the situation (that I did not print the confirmation page after submitting the DS-260); the lady was kind enough to try and get that page for me but she was not allowed by the system (as she was not logging in with my account).

Under these circumstances, I believe the only option is going back to the application, skipping through the DS-260's steps, till the end where one can choose to print that page.

However, I am really not sure if it is going to work because I heard of someone else experiencing problem in doing so.

We will see, I try to ask on VJ and see whether there is anyone with a similar situation...

Thank you for your answer, sbai2000!

I did call the NVC couple of days ago, explaining them the situation (that I did not print the confirmation page after submitting the DS-260); the lady was kind enough to try and get that page for me but she was not allowed by the system (as she was not logging in with my account).

Under these circumstances, I believe the only option is going back to the application, skipping through the DS-260's steps, till the end where one can choose to print that page.

However, I am really not sure if it is going to work because I heard of someone else experiencing problem in doing so.

We will see, I try to ask on VJ and see whether there is anyone with a similar situation...

You will not be required by the US embassy in London to show your Ds-260 confirmation page at the interview. They will have everything they need because you are case complete. If you can go to your login where you saved your application, then you may be able to print the confirmation again. If you didn't save with a login and password, then you would be creating an entirely new (second) application requiring submission before a confirmation would generate. You don't really want to apply twice do you?

The confirmation is really for your satisfaction to know the DS-260 went through properly. If it hadn't, the NVC would not have completed your case. Have you ever paid a bill online? You put in bank debit or credit card details and hit submit. A page comes up saying you were successful. Even if you don't print that page, the bill is still paid.

Your interview will be done without presenting a confirmation.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi Nich-Nick,

Thanks a lot for your answer that is a little bit of relief.

I only say "a little bit" because your words are exactly as mine but only if I think "by logic".

However, anytime I read somewhere else about the importance of the DS-260's confirmation letter, I start getting worried again, believing they may ask my wife that document and not let her in without it.

I am referring in particular to what Habel say below and what I have found in this link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/545590-ds-260-print-confirmation-page-help/

I was let through security without any problem. I was then asked by the receptionist to provide my appointment letter as well as DS260 then she returned it with the sticker that has my I number on it.The number I was given was I901 and I was told to go to the siting area and wait for my number to be called.

Hi Nich-Nick,

Thanks a lot for your answer that is a little bit of relief.

I only say "a little bit" because your words are exactly as mine but only if I think "by logic".

However, anytime I read somewhere else about the importance of the DS-260's confirmation letter, I start getting worried again, believing they may ask my wife that document and not let her in without it.

I am referring in particular to what Habel say below and what I have found in this link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/545590-ds-260-print-confirmation-page-help/

Did anybody in that thread interview in LONDON ?????

Did anybody posting they were worried actually say they had been turned away? They hadn't been to the interview yet.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.