Mike and Maria

Things went badly for us, she wants to leave after being here 1 week

79 posts in this topic

I am so thankful for all the support we have received from everyone on Visa Journey! We spent a lot of time discussing everything about her decision, we read everyone's posts, and my Maria did decide it was way too soon to leave the USA!

So, she has decided to stay and work thru the homesickness and keep her mind on her and I... I am so happy because without the input of everyone who took the time to leave such positive comments, I'm not sure what the outcome might have been..

I even got a deal on the airline cancellation! I was only charged $25 to cancel the flight! WOW!

Thank you everyone once again!

Really happy to hear that! if you two really meant for each other, stay strong!! Only together you two can figure it out and got over the problem! like I said before, if after a while she still can't adjust that would be another case. but for now, it will be only the stage of adjustment of a new place, new life.

Wish you two the best!!

And lucky you! because they use to cost around 200$ or sometimes can't even be done to cancelled!

event.png

My K-1 Fiancée Visa Journey

USCIS:
2015-04-09: I-129F Mailed out overnight to Lewisville, TX
2015-04-10: Case received by USCIS. Routed to California Service Center
2015-04-14: Received our e-mail of NOA1
2015-04-21: NOA1 Hardcopy on hand!
2015-06-12: Case was approved! NOA2
2015-06-19: I797 Hardcopy on hand!
National Visa Center (NVC):
2015-07-06: BNS Case number assigned!
2015-07-07: DS-160 Completed
2015-07-07: Visa FEE paid off
2015-07-11: Case updated at CEAC to "in Transit"!
2015-07-13: Case updated at CEAC to "Ready"!
Argentina's U.S. Embassy - Consular Section:
2015-07-15: Embassy received the package hardcopy from NVC by DHL
2015-07-16: Vaccinations done
2015-07-17: Police certificate done
2015-07-21: Medicals done
2015-07-23: Packet 3 documentation set
2015-07-24: Received packet 3
2015-07-27: Handed in packet 3 to the embassy
2015-08-21: Received packet 4
2015-09-07: Re-done police certificate, required by the USBA IV unit.
2015-09-08: Received package of affidavit of support, sent by UPS from Roland to Argentina
2015-09-10: Interview APPROVED!!!!
2015-09-11: Case status updated at CEAC to "Administrative Processing"!
2015-09-14: Case status updated at CEAC to "Issued"!
2015-09-23: Passport ready to pick up! Scheduled for September 25th.
2015-09-25: Visa on hand
2015-10-02: Departure from Ezeiza, Buenos Aires
Department of Homeland Security (DHS):
2015-10-03: POE - Atlanta, GA
2015-10-16: Got married at Denton, Caroline County's Courthouse

My AOS Journey

Social Security Administration:
2015-10-26: Applied for SSN at Cambridge Social Security Administration
2015-11-23: Called SSA after four weeks mark. They re-send the forms because it was the wrong one.
2016-01-12: Visit SSA and been told that there was a mail sent to me according the situation. Received it later in the afternoon.

2016-01-13: Finally got my SSN card!! (Yayy!! after 80 days!!)

USCIS:
2015-12-17: Forms I-485, I-765 & I-131 Mailed out by USPS Priority mail
2015-12-20: Package delivered

2015-12-30: Received three NOA1's e-mails and sms (I-485, I-131 and I-765)

2016-01-05: Received three NOA1's hardcopies on hand!

2016-01-06: Received biometrics appointment letter.

2016-01-19: Biometrics appointment @ Dover, DE. (Successful! Took only 10 mins.)

2016-01-25: RFIE notification :cry:

2016-02-02: RFIE hardcopy mail received. (I864 form needed to be corrected + additional documentation)

2016-03-08: Overnighted the RFIE response with UPS

2016-03-09: Package delivered

2016-03-10: Received RFIE reception notification

2016-04-08: EAD & AP been approved!

2016-04-11: Received AP & EAD approval e-notification!! (woot woot!!)

2016-04-12: EAD card is being produced

2016-04-13: EAD card been mailed

2016-04-15: Combo card on hand!

2016-XX-XX: (GC interview/approval notice!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!) :clock:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Things tend to happen for a reason. :)

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I would like to offer my 2 cents......This happened to me, but reversed....

I am a global traveler, and had the chance to be a expat in many countries.

I moved from the USA to Ukraine to be with my woman. Maidan had protesters, the east was being invaded by "men in green" Crimea was becoming a mess. I have never been to a FSU country in my travels.......WOW!! ....Culture shock!!!

The opposite side of the world, NO ONE SPEAKS ENGLISH where I landed...( I now live in Kyiv ).....They use a different alphabet, food tasted different, customs were different.....every aspect of my life had changed..... I could not leave the flat without my woman for safety reasons....She had a full- time job....As hard as I tried, the urge to go home was over powering. I was out of place, out of balance and very unhappy. I love Anna more than life, but I was so compelled to return to my comfort zone. Life was miserable and unbearable. Anna made huge efforts to make me comfortable....She took me places....ate local foods.....enjoyed art, history and shopping in the open-air markets....She spent ALL her non-working hours with me and making a heart felt effort to make me feel comfortable...During the day she could not call me because it would be problems if someone heard her speaking English....Plus her English skills sucked big time...

Still I felt "trapped" like a animal in a cage....Her flat was the size of my kitchen, we lived in a war zone.... I couldn't take it any longer....I packed and waited for her to come home....That was the first time I truly understood how much she loved me, and how hard it was for her.

For example, the jealous women ( That she landed a American )....The people that say " whats wrong with her? why can't she get a nice Ukrainian man?" she must be a crazy woman!.. and then there are the people that are against a foreign relationship.

After long thought, I unpacked and tried to stick it out....Things got tougher, we would loose power, internet, water and gas...I had no Skype to my family...And I was in a full war zone by that time....shelling and gun fire....people in the streets, displaced and cold life got real ugly. I wanted to leave.....Her job was complete in the war zone and we moved to Kyiv...(She was closing banks in the conflict area)

Still feeling out of place....but Kyiv is a beautiful large city... They have a bar that caters to English speakers...Very cool! But I still don't understand the guys from Wales...:)

After about a month....I packed and wanted to go home again....I called her at work, and she came straight home....as fast as metro could get her here....we talked and discussed ways I would feel some comfort....She also mentioned that I wasn't trying hard enough...to integrate.

I try to learn Russian/Ukrainian, whatever it is called. But know I don't care... I am learning the alphabet and some language, I can get through the market...sometimes I buy mystery foods because I can't speak the language..but I am adjusting....and actually enjoy my new life

It has been a year and a half....I am married to the most amazing and loving woman.....And I have stepped up to the plate and fulfill my man role...I take the lead, make the decisions and sometimes I have to put my foot down....

It is time for you to put your foot down.....be kind, gentle and loving....tell her to stay "it will and does pass"....Get her involved in life...it is your responsibility.....Don't lay down and say okay honey, I know it is hard for you to get use to the time zone....I send you home...That is BS....

A foreign relationship is a special blessing....treat it as such!....It IS work....but it is well worth it IMHO :))

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been reading this thread from the start up to the end...it's like a TELENOVELA in the television that I'm waiting for the happy ending. It's like if she decided to come back in the Philippines I will be brokenhearted too.

In my experienced, I always believe that LDR love stories are the most extra ordinary of all love stories. Who can understand and believe that two people who are a thousand miles apart can truly fell in love with each other if you don't experienced it yourself? What will be more sweeter than seeing your fiancé/fiancée after a very long wait ...

You guys are very lucky because it seems that your visa journey goes smoothly. As you can see in my timeline, I'm in my 7th weeks of my sputum culture test :crying: And there are many here that's in TSC that's been waiting too long too. What I'm trying to say is, I know that your fiancée is reading this thread too...Friend, what is a little homesickness compare to an everlasting love you are having by your side now? You are so lucky you are beside him now...Many here in VJ who are still in the waiting mode will surely want what you have now. Don't throw it all away...

Anyway guys, my TELENOVELA has a happy ending now :)

I wish you both the best of luck and a happy life forever (L)

(L) (L)(L)

01/07/2015 - I129f SENT

01/12/2015 - CASE WAS RECEIVED

01/14/2015 - NOA1 HARD COPY

03/04/2015 - CASE WAS APPROVED

03/12/2015 - NOA2 HARD COPY

03/30/2015 - GOT NVC CASE NUMBER

03/31/2015 - FILED APPLICATION FOR JAPAN POLICE CLEARANCE :(05/26/2015 - JAPAN POLICE CLEARANCE OK

04/02/2015 - CASE IS IN TRANSIT TO THE CONSULAR SECTION

04/06/2015 - CASE IS READY US EMBASSY MANILA :dancing:

04/13/2015 - RECEIVED ELIGIBILITY LETTER FROM US EMBASSY MANILA

04/21/2015 - MEDICAL at ST. LUKES MANILA

05/12,13,14/2015 - MEDICAL (SPUTUM TEST) :crying: 05/18/2015 - SPUTUM TEST RESULT NEGATIVE :dancing:

07/10/2015 - SPUTUM CULTURE TEST RESULT NEGATIVE (Thank u LORD!) (L) :rolleyes:

07/27/2015 - INTERVIEW PASSED ! (GOD is so good (L) )

07/27/2015 - CEAC (READY/ CASE IS OPEN)

07/29/2015 - CEAC (ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING)

07/31/2015 - CEAC (VISA ISSUED!) :dance:

08/03/2015 - VISA IN HAND !

08/13/2015 - POE :dancing:

08/24/2015 - MARRIED !

09/10/2015 - FILED AOS

09/18/2015 - E-NOTIFICATION (CASE WAS RECEIVED / I-765)

09/22/2015 - NOA1 RECEIVED (I-485 & I-765)

10/08/2015 - BIOMETRICS TAKEN

11/04/2015 - CASE IS READY TO SCHEDULE FOR INTERVIEW - 11/13/2015 - EAD APPROVED

I would like to offer my 2 cents......This happened to me, but reversed....

I am a global traveler, and had the chance to be a expat in many countries.

I moved from the USA to Ukraine to be with my woman. Maidan had protesters, the east was being invaded by "men in green" Crimea was becoming a mess. I have never been to a FSU country in my travels.......WOW!! ....Culture shock!!!

The opposite side of the world, NO ONE SPEAKS ENGLISH where I landed...( I now live in Kyiv ).....They use a different alphabet, food tasted different, customs were different.....every aspect of my life had changed..... I could not leave the flat without my woman for safety reasons....She had a full- time job....As hard as I tried, the urge to go home was over powering. I was out of place, out of balance and very unhappy. I love Anna more than life, but I was so compelled to return to my comfort zone. Life was miserable and unbearable. Anna made huge efforts to make me comfortable....She took me places....ate local foods.....enjoyed art, history and shopping in the open-air markets....She spent ALL her non-working hours with me and making a heart felt effort to make me feel comfortable...During the day she could not call me because it would be problems if someone heard her speaking English....Plus her English skills sucked big time...

Still I felt "trapped" like a animal in a cage....Her flat was the size of my kitchen, we lived in a war zone.... I couldn't take it any longer....I packed and waited for her to come home....That was the first time I truly understood how much she loved me, and how hard it was for her.

For example, the jealous women ( That she landed a American )....The people that say " whats wrong with her? why can't she get a nice Ukrainian man?" she must be a crazy woman!.. and then there are the people that are against a foreign relationship.

After long thought, I unpacked and tried to stick it out....Things got tougher, we would loose power, internet, water and gas...I had no Skype to my family...And I was in a full war zone by that time....shelling and gun fire....people in the streets, displaced and cold life got real ugly. I wanted to leave.....Her job was complete in the war zone and we moved to Kyiv...(She was closing banks in the conflict area)

Still feeling out of place....but Kyiv is a beautiful large city... They have a bar that caters to English speakers...Very cool! But I still don't understand the guys from Wales...:)

After about a month....I packed and wanted to go home again....I called her at work, and she came straight home....as fast as metro could get her here....we talked and discussed ways I would feel some comfort....She also mentioned that I wasn't trying hard enough...to integrate.

I try to learn Russian/Ukrainian, whatever it is called. But know I don't care... I am learning the alphabet and some language, I can get through the market...sometimes I buy mystery foods because I can't speak the language..but I am adjusting....and actually enjoy my new life

It has been a year and a half....I am married to the most amazing and loving woman.....And I have stepped up to the plate and fulfill my man role...I take the lead, make the decisions and sometimes I have to put my foot down....

It is time for you to put your foot down.....be kind, gentle and loving....tell her to stay "it will and does pass"....Get her involved in life...it is your responsibility.....Don't lay down and say okay honey, I know it is hard for you to get use to the time zone....I send you home...That is BS....

A foreign relationship is a special blessing....treat it as such!....It IS work....but it is well worth it IMHO :))

I am so amazed with your story. It is difficult to tell you in words. I appreciate that you kept your self strong. Now a days it is difficult to get faithful woman who can love you this much all her heart or vice_ versa. Your sacrifice of living your home country is of worth.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am so thankful for all the support we have received from everyone on Visa Journey! We spent a lot of time discussing everything about her decision, we read everyone's posts, and my Maria did decide it was way too soon to leave the USA!

So, she has decided to stay and work thru the homesickness and keep her mind on her and I... I am so happy because without the input of everyone who took the time to leave such positive comments, I'm not sure what the outcome might have been..

I even got a deal on the airline cancellation! I was only charged $25 to cancel the flight! WOW!

Happy for you both that Maria decided to stay. I was terribly homesick too when I moved to Ohio about a year and a half ago and it was also on a bitterly cold winter season! I have cried so many times and my then fiance cried with me at times too. We tried to do a lot of activities together during weekends. When he is working, he would pick me up during lunch breaks and take me to the mall and would just pick me up after work. That helped a lot. It would also help to get her rice cooker and/or take her to the asian store as often as you guys could. We also have a Facebook group of Pinays who are undegoing/underwent K1/CR1 process. Maybe she can join too. Just send me a message and I can add her. That helped me a lot in overcoming my homesickness. Take care and all the best!

Glad you two talked and she decided to work through the homesickness.

Fernando & Michelle

12/05/2011 - Mailed I-129F
12/09/2011 - Received NOA1
12/21/2011 - Last updated by USCIS
04/12/2012 - Approved!
05/08/2012 - NVC received
05/09/2012 - Left NVC
05/14/2012 - Received at Consulate
06/25/2012 - Interview at Consulate, APPROVED!!!!
07/07/2012 - POE at JFK, easy.

09/28/2012 - Mailed I-485
11/09/2012 - Appointment for Biometrics
12/08/2012 - EAD and AP Card arrived in mail. No updates to USCIS website.
07/26/2013 - Approved, no interview.

04/30/2015 - Mailed I-751

06/03/2015 - Appointment for Biometrics

02/29/2016 - Approved, no interview.

03/14/2016 - Received 10-year Card

I am so happy that she decided to stay.

I am living in the US for 2+ years now and I still feel homesick sometimes.

I wish I lived close to you, guys, so I could try to be her friend.

I don't have too many friends here. Only a mexican friend, but she often goes back to Mexico and then I feel lonely again for some days(my husband works and travels a lot).

The women from my country who live here, wheter live too far from me or, the ones living close, doesn't seem to want a friendship.

Tell Maria that things will get better. :)

Edited by Erica e Kevin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Boy this is such a tremendous example of what positive support is all about. This is an incredible story and goes to show that sometimes we need to reach out to someone else when we are going through trials and testing. There are always people out there who can relate to and give solid inputs. The answer might not be in the mix but the support gives us strength to go on a bit further. I'm so proud of the human race, especially my Visa Journey family.

We wish you all the blessings in your journey and the continued strength to take a step day by day towards a happy life.

Married December 2011

04/03/13 - Mailed I130/I485/I131/I76504/08/13 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

04/16/13 - NOA(x4) Text/Email received with MSC number, routed to NBC

04/18/13 - Able to check status on USCIS site

04/18/13 - Received biometrics notice for 5/8/13 apt

04/23/13 - Biometrics completed by walk-in

05/14/13 - I-485 Case Status updated to Testing & Interview

05/20/13 - Text message (as of 5/19/13 I-485 interview date set for 6/20/13)06/10/13 - Status update - AP approved EAD in card production

06/14/13 - Status update - EAD/AP card mailed out (Tracker: USPS estimated delivery date 6/17/13)

06/17/13 - EAD/AP Combo Card arrival!!!!!! (I am cute looking in my picluv.gif)06/20/13 - I-485 Interviewgoofy.gif

06/20/13 - Pronto Approval!!!! "As of today you are a Legal Permanent Resident of the USA"

06/20/13 - Status updated 3 times (1-485 card approval/production, 1-130 approval NOA mailed out & 1-NOA of LPR registration status)

06/25/13 - GC in card production

06/26/13 - Status update - GC mailed out (Tracker: USPS estimated delivery date 6/29/13 )

07/01/13 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY and 4th of JULY to me (GC received - Praise be to God for another miracle and blessing!!!) cray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifTears of Joy!!

REMOVAL OF CONDITION (ROC)

03/02/15 - USCIS Removal of Condition reminder letter received

03/30/15 - I-751 package submitted

03/31/15 - I-751 package delivered to USCIS

04/01/15 - NOA date

04/03/15 - I-751 check cashed by USCIS

04/28/15 - Biometrics appointment

01/26/16 - Email notification - I-751 Approved and card in production

01/28/16 - Card mailed out

01/30/16 - Thank God!! received card in the mail (NEXT STEP - CITIZENSHIP)

CITIZENSHIP

03/22/16 - N-400 package submitted​

03/23/16 - N-400 package delivered to USCIS

03/30/16 - Check cashed by USCIS

03/30/16 - NOA

04/13/16 - Biometrics appointment

07/15/16 - Interview Date

07/27/16 - Oath

1211 days!!!!!! PRAISE GOD...I AM A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you everyone once again

Clap! Clap! So happy.. I just read the whole thread, and its like reading a novel, my heart thudded strongly while clicking the next button as I'm afraid to read " Maria had left for Philippines already" And for u Maria.. Normal lang na mahomesick, lilipas din yan girl at yun desisyon mo nung una na umuwi agad hayyy icp icp din, wala ng bawian yan kung sakali, mahirap mkahanap ng luvlyf na totoo hehe.. Marami ka naman puedeng gawin dyan ng mabawasan ang lumbay mo, push natin yun ok. Goodluck to both of u.. :)

Edited by Vladsayame

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A noncontributory post, and one indicating that the entire thread wasn't read, has been removed. Post constructively, or don't post.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Very happy for both of you!

My wife was very homesick at first, but she realized the whole reason she came to the USA was to spend her life with me. At times, she does miss her family, but we went to the Philippines recently for 2 weeks and it satisfied her family fix. :)

Also, getting her EAD/AP combo card helps a lot. Once she is working it will take her mind off her homesickness.

Happy for you both that Maria decided to stay. I was terribly homesick too when I moved to Ohio about a year and a half ago and it was also on a bitterly cold winter season! I have cried so many times and my then fiance cried with me at times too. We tried to do a lot of activities together during weekends. When he is working, he would pick me up during lunch breaks and take me to the mall and would just pick me up after work. That helped a lot. It would also help to get her rice cooker and/or take her to the asian store as often as you guys could. We also have a Facebook group of Pinays who are undegoing/underwent K1/CR1 process. Maybe she can join too. Just send me a message and I can add her. That helped me a lot in overcoming my homesickness. Take care and all the best!

A spouse who can cry with you is a really great spouse. Sometimes you need to get emotional together like that.

PS: OP, I'm glad yall were able to work it out & extend your relationship. This will be great for you 2.

Edited by Marco&Bettina

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.