Mike and Maria

Things went badly for us, she wants to leave after being here 1 week

79 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Like I mentioned in another post to the same statement as yours: she wouldn't be the first one who goes home not using K1, doesn't let USCIS or embassy know and then when she tries to apply for another US visa gets the information that she has an open K1 application.

And your answer still doesn't make sense. What K-1 application of hers is still open? She was granted the visa, so why would the application be open? And she entered the USA, so as they said, it's been used.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

And your answer still doesn't make sense. What K-1 application of hers is still open? She was granted the visa, so why would the application be open? And she entered the USA, so as they said, it's been used.

You can search for it here on VJ.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Op,

You can still postpone her ticket. I visited the home country after I was granted advance parole.

make sure she understands the implications of her going back now. Is she ready to give you up?

I think you have given up to easy. My wife has been here almost 3 weeks. she is home sick too, she is sitting next to me as I type this she says that it is normal. She is very close to her family and is still adjusting here. Some of the thing we did to make it better for her is to make sure she can communicate with her family anytime either on phone or chat on cam. We found Asian supermarkets that has Filipino food. Also we went to a Filipino Christian church. Instead of letting her leave so easy you and her should of find ways to make it less homesick for her. She should at least stay the 90 days then make a decision

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hope she still change her mind. I am a Filipina too and I never got homesick because just like what my husband always tell me, this is my home now. He is my home. I so wish I could make friends with her and maybe she would change her mind when she meets new friends and travel to new places. She came there for you and before she left the country, she should know that she will not be returning to the Philippines in a little while. Anyway, passport and ticket are all she needs to exit the US.

Like I mentioned in another post to the same statement as yours: she wouldn't be the first one who goes home not using K1, doesn't let USCIS or embassy know and then when she tries to apply for another US visa gets the information that she has an open K1 application.

Makes sense.

Edited by Marco&Bettina

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

the minute she entered the US she used her K-1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

But as long as you`re not married you can leave and re-enter but you will only have the 90 days minus the time you were here the last time, if I`m correct.

So I`m guessing if you do not let them know you want it to end there, it`ll be open because she hasn`t gotten married or used up her full 90 days.

I`m not sure but I guess that`s why it`s being said on here that they should go to the embassy. Makes most sense to me

OT: Let her think about it a little longer. months and months of wait just shouldn`t be thrown away in a week honestly.. Everyone gets homesick but like other people suggested, make sure she has things on her mind, fun things, so her thoughts don`t get the best of her. Once she feels more at ease there it`ll probably go better and even if it doesn`t, then at least you guys will have tried. But you just can`t decide that in one week unless she had her mind made up way beforehand, and then I see no point in flying to the states and then going back. So it looks to me you guys just haven`t given it enough time and you both haven`t tried hard enough to get her adjusted yet. Take her to fun places, or to a store that sells things from home. Why don`t you make her a typical meal from there? Go out of your way to make her feel home.

I like the 90 day suggestion, tell her if after 90 days it`s still not what she wanted then she can still leave. You guys have worked too hard to just let it go like that.

Good luck I hope you guys get it sorted out!

event.png
United_States.gif:wub:Our Journey :wub:Belgium.gif

K1
Sent I-129F: June 9th, 2015
Received at Texas Lockbox: June 11th. Sent to CSC!
NOA1: (NOA1 date June 15th 2015) Hardcopy arrived June 20th 2015
NOA2: July 23rd! Hardcopy arrived July 27th 2015
Left NVC in transit to Brussels Embassy: August 17th 2015
Received at Brussels Embassy: August 21st, 2015
Package 3 sent: August 25th, 2015
Package 3 reveived: August 26th, 2015
Checklist sent back: August 27th, 2015
Medical Appointment in Antwerp: August 27th, 2015 and August 31st, 2015
Received Package 4: September 11th, 2015
Interview: September 17th, 2015 : APPROVED!!!
POE: October 25th, 3.55pm 2015 at Washington Dulles Airport.
Wedding Courthouse: November 24th, 2015. (L)
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family US: April 2nd 2016 (L)
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family Belgium: October 8th 2016 (L)

AoS

Filed for AoS: June 17th 2016

Package arrived: June 20th 2016 8.05 AM

Check Cashed: June 25th 2016

Texts and e-mails NOA1: June 28th, 10.30 PM

Hardcopy NOA1`s: July 2nd

Biometrics letter: July 8th.

Biometrics appointment: July 20th, 11 AM, Charlotte, NC

Early walk-in Biometrics: July 14th!

Approved: 2016/10/28 (no interview)

Greencard received: November 5th 2016. (Wrong country of birth: USA)

RoC

Filed: 10/22/2018

Package arrived: 10/23 2:40PM

Package picked up: 10/24/2018 3:54AM.

NOA1: 10/26/2018

Text and e-mail: 10/29/2018

Check cashed: 10/30/2018

Timeline

But as long as you`re not married you can leave and re-enter but you will only have the 90 days minus the time you were here the last time, if I`m correct.

So I`m guessing if you do not let them know you want it to end there, it`ll be open because she hasn`t gotten married or used up her full 90 days.

I`m not sure but I guess that`s why it`s being said on here that they should go to the embassy. Makes most sense to me

No, the visa is 1 entry only. If you travel to the us and then leave you have used your visa and you won't be able to re-enter.

Yes, I am not saying she hasn't used it. Search the forum. I'm done explaining this, it's like talking to a bunch of walls.

Edited by Maria&Seve

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

You are told several times: she DID use it. K1 is used and closed the moment she crossed the border. There is no open case. Nothing has to be done. It would be different if she received K1 and never enter US.

Timeline

You are told several times: she DID use it. K1 is used and closed the moment she crossed the border. There is no open case. Nothing has to be done. It would be different if she received K1 and never enter US.

I guess the VJ member it happened to lied then.

I guess the VJ member it happened to lied then.

Probably didn't lie. Probably was just mistaken about what actually occurred.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

No one is saying to keep her against her will, I repeat no one is saying to keep her against her will. What we are saying is that she needs to think this through before she makes a rash decision like that and end up regretting it in the long run. Pinoys are a very family centric people and thus it is VERY common for them to be homesick when they come here. That doesn't mean that you just simply give up right away and say "Ok I throw in the towel and here is the plane ticket back home". If you truly do love her, then fight for her and talk to her about her decision.

What is going to happen to y'all after she goes back, are you still going to keep sending money to her?

I did the same thing to my wife as you did to her fiance. I met my wife when we were both working in Qatar, after I got a job working in Afghanistan making very good money. I told her to stay home and not work, just help her family out. She did and now thanks to me her family upgraded their house, and I helped out with other family things as well. I knew I wasn't being taken advantage of because we communicated about everything, and my wife is a stingy person about giving out money to other people unless she knows it's real.

Honestly to me it seems you are giving up on this relationship without even trying to fight. Talk to her and ask her to give it at least the full 90 days. If she is not happy on day 88/89 then get her a plane ticket home.

agreed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I think you have given up to easy. My wife has been here almost 3 weeks. she is home sick too, she is sitting next to me as I type this she says that it is normal. She is very close to her family and is still adjusting here. Some of the thing we did to make it better for her is to make sure she can communicate with her family anytime either on phone or chat on cam. We found Asian supermarkets that has Filipino food. Also we went to a Filipino Christian church. Instead of letting her leave so easy you and her should of find ways to make it less homesick for her. She should at least stay the 90 days then make a decision

agreed!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Is it just me that finds its extremely strange that a couple would go through the hoops of a K1 only to throw in the towel after a week? Is your fiancé really young? It's not just her culture to be close to family, my family means the world to me too and we are all extremely close, but my husband is also my family so I wouldn't leave him just because I was homesick. It sounds to me like you have the means for her to be able to visit her family whenever she wanted, so it's not like it would be years before she saw them again. Was she disappointed in your style of living or where you live? Just seems like a rushed decision on both sides without something more to the story. I hope you don't plan on continuing to support her once she goes back just "in case" she changes her mind.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.