Samar.razzak

Sooo confused at the nvc documents checklist

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi i am a us citizen and have moved to pakistan june 2014 after i got married. My husband is a non immigrant alien (pakistani national) and i have applied for his immigration to the us. We will be moving to houston, Texas to my parents house once we get the visa. I have already paid IV and AOS fees. I received the nvc documents checklist in feb. Since i have not been earning since may 2014 my brother is going to sponsor us who is also a citizen and is working in usa. I have so many confusions regarding the checklist and i will be very grateful if any of you could help me. Here is a long list of questions i have i am sorry its a little too long.

1. I received two packets one for me and one for my husband. Do both need to be sent separately or together? Or only one goes?

2. What is the difference between tax transcript and tax return?

3. It is asking for evidence of income. Whose should i send? Mine, my brother's (who is a co sponsor) or my husbands?

4. What is a social security earning statement? And again, whose should we submit?

5. In petitioner documents, what extra documnts should be submitted? As the basic docs like birth certificate and passport etc is already being submitted.

6. Do i send originals or pbotocopies of passport and birth certificate etc?

7. What photographs go there?

What comes in "other documents"?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi i am a us citizen and have moved to pakistan june 2014 after i got married. My husband is a non immigrant alien (pakistani national) and i have applied for his immigration to the us. We will be moving to houston, Texas to my parents house once we get the visa. I have already paid IV and AOS fees. I received the nvc documents checklist in feb. Since i have not been earning since may 2014 my brother is going to sponsor us who is also a citizen and is working in usa. I have so many confusions regarding the checklist and i will be very grateful if any of you could help me. Here is a long list of questions i have i am sorry its a little too long.

1. I received two packets one for me and one for my husband. Do both need to be sent separately or together? Or only one goes?

2. What is the difference between tax transcript and tax return?

3. It is asking for evidence of income. Whose should i send? Mine, my brother's (who is a co sponsor) or my husbands?

4. What is a social security earning statement? And again, whose should we submit?

5. In petitioner documents, what extra documnts should be submitted? As the basic docs like birth certificate and passport etc is already being submitted.

6. Do i send originals or pbotocopies of passport and birth certificate etc?

7. What photographs go there?

What comes in "other documents"?

1. Only one

2.http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Step_4_Collect_Financial_Documents.html

Will explain sort of the difference, returns include schedules, w2s etc.

3. Your husband no he is not at all involved with the financial part, you need to supply a i864 as the petitioner so if your unemployed, didn't file taxes, so forth you need to hand write a letter explaining why you did not file taxes and make sure you check the box that you are unemployed on your i864, your brother being the sponsor needs to submit things such as tax transcripts/returns, proof of income can be things such as pay stubs and letter of employment, as well as he needs to prove he is a U.S. Citizen, easiest way is copy of birth certificate or U.S. passport.

4.if this does not apply to you or your co sponsor than you obviously don't submit it .

5. This does not apply to you either, petitioner documents are for people petitioning their siblings or parents neither of which you are doing.

6. You can send photocopies.

7. Photographs refer to two passport style photos of the applicant (your husband)

Other documents would be anything you submit that you don't see on that list which is usually nothing .

Edited by Morganalmonshid94

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you so very much for the detailed reply.

If only one packet needs to bd sent, then whose birth certificate etc will be sent? My husbands only?

Also, since i worked till apr 2014 i did file my taxes this year. Will my brother still need to get the income proof?

I have paper filed my taxes so i need the transcript now. The GetTranscript tool isnt working on the IRS website so i need to order a mail dekivery. Do i need the account transcript or the return transcript? Or both?

Also, i am the petitioner, correct?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thank you so very much for the detailed reply.

If only one packet needs to bd sent, then whose birth certificate etc will be sent? My husbands only?

Also, since i worked till apr 2014 i did file my taxes this year. Will my brother still need to get the income proof?

I have paper filed my taxes so i need the transcript now. The GetTranscript tool isnt working on the IRS website so i need to order a mail dekivery. Do i need the account transcript or the return transcript? Or both?

Also, i am the petitioner, correct?

all the other documents are pertaining to your husband so his birth certificate, police clearance on him, passport photos of him, etc. and ok then make sure to submit your taxes then even though your unemployed now it was the same thing with mine I'm unemployed now but filed in 2014, wrote a letter why I didn't file in 2013 and 2012 (was a student) and yes because your brother is doing his own i864 as your co sponsor he will need the following things with his 864 - tax returns for 2014 at least, proof of income either some pay stubs over time and employment letter if it's possible to get if not pay stubs alone are fine, and a copy of his birth certificate or passport to prove he is a U.S. Citizen, just tax transcripts are fine that you request from irs, doesn't have to be both (sadly through mail due to their security issues now) and yes you are the petitioner correct .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.