wilfried

spend less than a month with wife and things went bad

58 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Dear VJ members, this is my story. i came here to stay with my wife. i received a conditional 2 years green card. when i landed here my wife welcome me at the airport. my first week we spend that together with her family before move to our appartement. everything went good for the first two weeks. but because of certains jod related conditions my wife has to move to another city. we made an aggreement that i should remain in the house with kids. but her family disagree with our decision according of what she said to me. the family said i was a stranger so it was not safe for the kids to stay with me. i try to resist but she convince me to step out of the house and ask for a temporal accomodation in my sister house. really i was completly blind. i thought that this will be just for a short time. when she first move to the new city, our communication was good. she never permitted me to visit her, pretending that she is still living with friend and that i should wait until she get an appartment for herself. i waited all those time until she finaly get an appartment. now come the time to talk about relocation. she will always show zero interest for we to put our selves together. for more than a year she only gave me the opportunity to visit her once. looking at this whole situation, i decided to involve a councellor and i notify her on my intention to do that. big surprise there is a morning that i went into my mail box and i find that she sent me a letter. it was a letter in which she told me that she is sorry for all the hardship she gave me. she mentioned in that letter that she recognise that she never give me the opportunity to be in the relation and that she pray for me to find happiness.

the letter was all about letting me know that she has no feeling for me anymore. how that happen so soon, i was so surprise but i guess somehow that her family may be did not like me and they influence on her decision. but i never had any kind of dispute with her family. she finaly ask for divorce and did not oppose. i really did not oppose because she told me that it is better for us to divorce, and to give herself some more time and may be she can reconsider getting marriage with me again. now we are divorce. i still love her and i still believe that she will come back to me. i have to remove condition on my green card. i have only somes pictures that we made together during the little time we lived together.

please VJ members what are my chance to get approuve for my green card. to remove condition i only send those pictures and the letter she send to me to the immigration thank you for your time

Filed: Timeline

Dear VJ members, this is my story. i came here to stay with my wife. i received a conditional 2 years green card. when i landed here my wife welcome me at the airport. my first week we spend that together with her family before move to our appartement. everything went good for the first two weeks. but because of certains jod related conditions my wife has to move to another city. we made an aggreement that i should remain in the house with kids. but her family disagree with our decision according of what she said to me. the family said i was a stranger so it was not safe for the kids to stay with me. i try to resist but she convince me to step out of the house and ask for a temporal accomodation in my sister house. really i was completly blind. i thought that this will be just for a short time. when she first move to the new city, our communication was good. she never permitted me to visit her, pretending that she is still living with friend and that i should wait until she get an appartment for herself. i waited all those time until she finaly get an appartment. now come the time to talk about relocation. she will always show zero interest for we to put our selves together. for more than a year she only gave me the opportunity to visit her once. looking at this whole situation, i decided to involve a councellor and i notify her on my intention to do that. big surprise there is a morning that i went into my mail box and i find that she sent me a letter. it was a letter in which she told me that she is sorry for all the hardship she gave me. she mentioned in that letter that she recognise that she never give me the opportunity to be in the relation and that she pray for me to find happiness.

the letter was all about letting me know that she has no feeling for me anymore. how that happen so soon, i was so surprise but i guess somehow that her family may be did not like me and they influence on her decision. but i never had any kind of dispute with her family. she finaly ask for divorce and did not oppose. i really did not oppose because she told me that it is better for us to divorce, and to give herself some more time and may be she can reconsider getting marriage with me again. now we are divorce. i still love her and i still believe that she will come back to me. i have to remove condition on my green card. i have only somes pictures that we made together during the little time we lived together.

please VJ members what are my chance to get approuve for my green card. to remove condition i only send those pictures and the letter she send to me to the immigration thank you for your time

Every case is different but that was really too short with little evidence... From what you stated here, the divorce was not your fault but the issue will border on whether she was paid to bring you here... She could be a suspect as well as you could be critically examined to determine the Bona fide of your marriage... This is my personal opinion...

I don't think you are going to be able to prove a bona fide marriage in order to remove conditions.

You may want to look into returning to your home country.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It's not about fault, it is about whether this was a bonafide mariage. Having no photos, and not living together the one year you were in the same country before you divorced will look suspicious. What about other evidence? Such as phone bills, emails, joint bank accounts and bills etc?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

It's not about fault, it is about whether this was a bonafide mariage. Having no photos, and not living together the one year you were in the same country before you divorced will look suspicious. What about other evidence? Such as phone bills, emails, joint bank accounts and bills etc?

when i enter here she welcome me at the airport we stay the first weeek with family before move to her appartment the second week. later on she has to relocate to another city. this is where the problem started. i sent with my application some pictures that we took together during the time we live together. i received my visa from the embassy and the consular officer ask to see all our evidence of a good faith relation before they finaly issue me the visa. everything was good until she decide to move to another city,

Edited by wilfried

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

when i enter here she welcome me at the airport we stay the first weeek with family before move to her appartment the second week. later on she has to relocate to another city. this is where the problem started. i sent with my application some pictures that we took together during the time we live together. i received my visa from the embassy and the consular officer ask to see all our evidence of a good faith relation before they finaly issue me the visa. everything was good until she decide to move to another city,

That's all great but you don't have to convince us - we're just bunch of strangers on the forum - you have to convince USCIS officer by the evidence you sent out. Think from his / her perspective. That little evidence is unlikely to fly.

Filed: Timeline

All of the responses here is only personal opinion... If you were found to have entered the marriage in good faith but the wife divorced you upon arrival without any fault of yours, USCIS will look at your circumstances before reaching a decision... None of us here in this forum have the right to make any such decision on your case... This is not a k-1 process where you have to marry within 90 days otherwise you leave.... In fact, gather all the proofs from the very beginning of your relationship up until the divorce... Your ex also admitted in writing that she put you through hardship and that's a very strong evidence provided you are able to write a very well detail affidavit of your relationship... Never listen to naysayers when they don't have the power to control or influence the decision on your case. Good luck!

You can research the kinds of proof you would need in order to remove conditions on your green card, even if your marriage has failed. They are 2 separate things, yes, but they're tied to each other.

If you want to stay in the U.S., you're going to have to start collecting much more than just her letter saying "I'm sorry I caused you a hard time" and a couple of photos. Otherwise, from an evidence point of view, it looks like a tossed-off, after-the-fact attempt at a 10-year green card. You need to go through your papers, and try to find something like these things:

A lease or something that has both of your names

A bank account with both of your names

Insurance papers that show one of you is the beneficiary of the other

Letters from friends that state that they know you were a real married couple

Receipts from trips or boarding passes for trips you both took at the same time

Tax returns with both names on it

ANYTHING that might prove you had a real marriage from the beginning

It's not about emotion with the USCIS folks. They just want evidence. You have to find that evidence, or plan on going back home.

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

All of the responses here is only personal opinion... If you were found to have entered the marriage in good faith but the wife divorced you upon arrival without any fault of yours, USCIS will look at your circumstances before reaching a decision... None of us here in this forum have the right to make any such decision on your case... This is not a k-1 process where you have to marry within 90 days otherwise you leave.... In fact, gather all the proofs from the very beginning of your relationship up until the divorce... Your ex also admitted in writing that she put you through hardship and that's a very strong evidence provided you are able to write a very well detail affidavit of your relationship... Never listen to naysayers when they don't have the power to control or influence the decision on your case. Good luck!

Personal opinion? No. A lot of members here speak from experience. That letter by itself doesn't do much.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.