ISIS AND TROY

Tourist visa status: Issued?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everybody! It's been a long time!

Ok here's a brief explanation of what's going on:

I have been living in the US for 3 years now with my two kids, came here on a CR-1 visa. I have a permanent job and a permanent residency. My younger sister applied for a tourist visa to come and visit me and her nephew and niece. She went for an interview in Rio de Janeiro consulate. She has a permanent job in Brazil and she took all the proofs necessary to show she has no intention to stay here to live. I gave her my 2014 tax transcripts and my recent paystubs. The officer that interviewed her was satisfied with everything, but he didn't approve her from the get go, he said he wanted copies of my Green Card, took her passport and gave her a white slip.

We understand that her case went into Administrative Processing. When we checked her DS-160 online status, it said "Administrative Processing" since June 5th, which was her interview date. Now I just checked again and it changed to "Issued"

Does that mean she was approved? Or it only means they are sending her passport back?

And also, since she didn't pay the courier fee to have her visa/passport delivered, are they going to charge her upon delivery? They said DHL will be delivering her passport.

Thanks in advance for all responses! I really appreciate it!

Isis

Marriage: June 21, 2011

USCIS (179 days - 5 months and 27 days)

I-130 mailed: August 24, 2011

NOA1: September 1, 2011

Touched: September 6, 2011

NOA2: February 27, 2012

NVC - 30 days

NVC Received: March 05, 2012

NVC assigns case #: March 09, 2012

E-mailed choice of agent according to VJ's sample: March 13, 2012

Received AOS package and I-864 bill: March 14, 2012

Paid I-864 bill: March 15, 2012

I-864 bill status PAID: March 16, 2012

Mailed AOS package: March 19, 2012

NVC’s operator informed on the phone they accepted AOS package: March 23, 2012

Received checklist for the DS-3032: March 23, 2012 (the first electronic choice of agent didn’t get through…)

Resent electronic choice of agent to NVC: March 23, 2012

NVC accepts electronic choice of agent: March 26, 2012

IV bill invoiced: March 27, 2012

IV bill paid: March 28, 2012

IV bill status PAID: March 29, 2012

Mailed IV package: March 29, 2012

CASE COMPLETE: April 04, 2012

NVC left and interview scheduled: April 06, 2012

Interview date: May 30, 2012

Result: APPROVED!!!!

976029h8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Issued usually means issued the visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.