destinykay

I 601 A approve experience Guyana

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline

Interview experience Guyana

My husband and I arrive to our appointment 30 minutes before schedule time. There was no line. Our appointment was on 5/27/15 @ 9:00AM. When we arrive we walk through the scanner and then we had a seat in the sitting area. There were lots of people there. A woman came around and asked for p4 letter and we give her ours. Maybe about 10:20 AM, my husband was called to a window, where he hand-in his passport, medical, 2x2 photo and original birth certificate for himself and me. He was also finger printed. We receive some documents back that were not need. They lady asked when were we leaving and we told her 5/29/15. Around 11:30 my husband was called to another my husband and I were sworn in, and then he did his prints again. We were asked several questions which took about 5 minutes and he was approve and asked to return on 6/3/2015 at 2:00 PM for passport. I left on 5/29/15 and my husband POE JFK on June, 4, 2015. They experience was great. The people were very polite at embassy.

We both live in us and we went to Guyana on 5/23/15. I was able to schedule medical at Dr. Collin Roach office for 5/25/2015 @ 9:00am and we also receive medical same day. I schedule the appointment one month in advance.

Question asked:

When did we get married?

How many kids we have?

Where do we live?

Where do I work?

Back ground

My husband and I have 3 kids. We know each other all our lives. He went home on I-601 A which was approve.

Hopes this is helpful. Be Blessed

Filed: Timeline

@Destinykay,

Congrats!

Questions: How long had your husband been in US? Did you receive an RFE on your hardship letter? If so, was anything specified that you were lacking in your proof of hardship? Also, if you received an RFE, how long did it take for you to get USCIS approval of you i-601a?

Thanks for your reply.

Filed: Timeline

Thank you destinykay. We received an RFE, with no specific item marked as missing. So I'm thinking officials didn't really look into my case. (my lawyer said this is probably what happened.)

We will reply this week. So we're praying that it is approved!

My husband is from Guyana as well.

• 2 years later...

@Destinykay

Congrats. Were you required to attend the interview in Guyana as the spouse? I am asking because if he was approved on an I-601 A, only applicants are allowed to attend interviews at the consular offices abroad.

Did it take one week for him to receive his passport because of visa printing issues or something else. 

Appreciate your response.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.