nadiah100885

Status Updates in CEAC after AP issued.

280 posts in this topic

Your DS-160 needs to be updated to "Ready". That's when they match it to your case. Your timeline isn't filled in, so I don't know exactly where you are completely at, but it looks like you finished the DS-160 on September 2nd, and maybe had your interview September 16th?

When your DS-160 changes, your ISL# (IV case) should update too.

Then when the case creation date changes on your IV case, your AA# (NIV case) will change to two cases. Then your IV case will change to saying "Nonimmigrant" on the title, even when you are looking on your ISL number.

Signature coming soon...

May I know what date was your NAO-2 petition expiring?

& did u got your AP changed to "issued " before it expired

As mine NAO-2 is expiring 3 December ,hopefully I will hear about my AP DECISION before it expired ?right

The NOA2 expiration date doesn't affect anything at this point. The CO can extend the date as many times as they need to and you don't need to take any action to extend it. The petition will only expire if you don't take any action after their extend date. If the petition is about to expire and they haven't heard from you, they will email you and ask if you'd like to extend the case.

Our visa was issued after the expiration date. It's no problem.

Signature coming soon...

hi there , i want u to throw some light pls ,my ap is just over 1 month and i got this e-mail ,while my CO told me at the end of interview to contact them after 1 month and now i recieved this email just few days over month and it states that like last paragraph 6 months, this is so tense,pls tell me did u got that email too before your status hangeg to ready or issued,or that e-mail has other format ...u think ap will b for longer ?even CO says month.

thanks in advance

Amhara

nadiah100885

Dear Sir/Madam,

Our records indicate that the visa application for this immigrant visa case is still pending under administrative processing. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to predict how long this processing may take. The wait could possibly be quite lengthy. However, please rest assured that as soon as this processing is finished, we will contact the applicant using the contact information he/she has provided on his/her application. Thank you for your kind understanding.

If the applicant has not heard from our office after six months, please contact our office again using the web-based email form available on the website of the American Embassy.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

Good morning,

My husband had is interview on June 2015 hes been on AP for five months, I send an email to UE got a response saying case is pending administrative review.. I got the senator involved, they email us embassy got the similar email case is under administrative review, I don’t know what that means is? Last month I got an update still the same AP, should email the embassy again or should I call them? please help?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

HeavensAngel, ShaMarshie, even though the CO may have told you 1 month at your interview, AP can last much longer. The CO told my husband 2 weeks and his AP lasted 3 1/2 months. Once your case goes to AP they can take as long as they want to issue the visa. It can be days, weeks, months or even years. I hope and pray that your AP comes to an end very very soon, but please understand that you could have a long road ahead. My advice is to wait at least 60 working days before you contact them. Because before the 60 days if you contact them they will give u the typical response, that your case is in AP contact them after 60 days.

Filed: Timeline

My wife had her interview on October 20th

They told her they are approving her and took her passport.

However, as of today 11/7, she hasnt received the passport and online still says administrative processing.

I did email them but no reply and yes its been more than 10 days since I contacted them since I gave them 10 days to reply.

Not sure what I should do or if anyone else has had this happen to them.

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My wife had her interview on October 20th

They told her they are approving her and took her passport.

However, as of today 11/7, she hasnt received the passport and online still says administrative processing.

I did email them but no reply and yes its been more than 10 days since I contacted them since I gave them 10 days to reply.

Not sure what I should do or if anyone else has had this happen to them.

Any updates on your case? My wife had the exact same situation, the CO said approved and did not request any additional information. 2nd week in AP now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there. Its an old post but I hope someone who knows things can enlighten me a bit. Had my interview and was given 221g. they said everything is fine and need further processing. That I understand and that AP can last for while however I have never seen a single update date change since the interview.

What could that mean? I mean when people are under AP and see date changes it assures them that work is being done on their case but ours is just sitting there without being looked at a single time.

Thanks

Our K1 journey Our AOS journey

Sep 30, 2015 - I-129F Petition sent May 17, 2016 - Petition sent (I-485, I-131, I-765)
Oct 08, 2015 - Check cashed May 20, 2016 - Petition received
Oct 08, 2015 - NOA1 Notification May 24, 2016 - NOA1 notification
Oct 13, 2015 - NOA1 hard copy May 28, 2016 - NOA1 Hard copy
Nov 09, 2015 - NOA2 ​ :dancing: June 18, 2016 - Biometrics letter recieved
Nov 19, 2015 - NVC received June 30, 2016 - Biometrics appointment
Nov 19, 2015 - Case number assigned Aug 11, 2016 - AP Approved (Day 87)
Nov 23, 2015 - In transit Aug 11, 2016 - EAD Approved (Day 87)
Nov 25, 2015 - Embassy received
Dec 04, 2015 - Packet 3 Received
Dec 07, 2015 - Documents sent
Jan 06, 2016 - Interview letter received
Jan 28, 2016 - Interview :dancing:
Mar 11, 2016 - Issued :dancing::dancing:
Apr 09, 2016 - POE

Apr xx, 2016 - Got SSN
May 02, 2016 - Marriage

May xx, 2016 - State ID and driving permit

u4vHp5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.