blue_angel_29

Does my Petitioner has the right to deport me?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am a green card holder and working legally here in U.S with my parents for almost two years now. My Aunt was the one who petitioned us and brought us here. but recently, we had a misunderstanding and she got mad up to the point that she actually kind of threatened me about my residency. so does she have the right to revoke my permanent residency just because of a family misunderstanding?

-I have a green card and has social security

-filed income tax return ever since i started working

-no criminal records

-never went out of the U.S ever since I migrated last December 2013

AOS from h2a visa, marriage based.

Filed I 130, I 485, I 131 and I 765 concurrently,

5/11/2018 Priority date; sent to Missouri, MSCxxxxxxxxx

6/15/2018 Biometrics appointment, Houston TX

7/11/2018 RFE for Birth Certificate

7/23/2018 Sent BC in response to RFE

7/31/2018 Confirmation of receipt of the BC

8/3/2018 received courtesy letter for medical 

8/6/2018 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

9/19/2018 EAD/AP approved

9/20/2018 EAD/AP card in production 

9/24/2018 EAD/AP card is ready to be mailed

9/25/2018 EAD/AP card is mailed, usps tracking included in online update

9/27/2018 EAD/AP card picked up at post office

I-130 for 2 husband's daughters (my step daughters) 10 and 17

5/11/2018 Priority Date; sent to Nebraska Service Center, LINxxxxxxxxx

Waiting game for ALL cases!

lol. She can't do anything. Don't worry about your GC or your parent's GC

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You could remind her of her obligations under the I 864.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

lol

Edited by blest.but.strest

Filed: Timeline

She has neither the right nor the ability to deport you. Even if you were illegal and/or had a criminal record, she would still have no ability or right to deport you. That right rests solely with the US Government and they're quite used to blow-hards complaining about someone they are upset with. They would ignore her. You should do the same.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Do what boiler said lol that should make her pipe down. She can't revoke your residency.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

To add to what others have said. Remember according to you, she brought you to the States, she's like a finger that has fed you before now. Don't look down on her. No matter what, she deserves all the respect she needs from you and all around her.

What's actually the family misunderstanding that's making her threatening you excluding your parents? I wont like to know it but asked so u can find away of resolving it amicably even if she cant deport you. Don't easily forget yesterday because it has a bearing on the future.

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

To add to what others have said. Remember according to you, she brought you to the States, she's like a finger that has fed you before now. Don't look down on her. No matter what, she deserves all the respect she needs from you and all around her.

What's actually the family misunderstanding that's making her threatening you excluding your parents? I wont like to know it but asked so u can find away of resolving it amicably even if she cant deport you. Don't easily forget yesterday because it has a bearing on the future.

Threatening to deport him does a pretty good job of hacking away most respect she has earned by bringing him here in the first place.

As mentioned nobody but the gov can deport. Anybody can complain to the government about your behavior, which in turn could result in deportation if that behavior qualifies. Getting angry at a family function obviously doesn't; it would have to be a deportable offense, not just an angry aunt.

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HAHAHAHA! Yes, this. Tell her this.

She has no right to deport you BUT she must support you should you decide to leave her "hostile" environment.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am a green card holder and working legally here in U.S with my parents for almost two years now. My Aunt was the one who petitioned us and brought us here. but recently, we had a misunderstanding and she got mad up to the point that she actually kind of threatened me about my residency. so does she have the right to revoke my permanent residency just because of a family misunderstanding?

-no criminal records

No there is nothing that she can do to deport you. She is making empty threats.

K-1 Visa

**AOS**

09/03/2014 AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131) delivered to Chicago lockbox

09/08/2014 NOA1 received for AOS, EAD, AP

10/01/2014 Biometrics

11/04/2014 I-485: Status changed to Testing and Interview

11/12/2014 EAD & AP Approved, combo card in production

11/22/2014 EAD/AP Combo card received

02/04/2015 AOS Interview - approved! Card in production

02/12/2015 Card received!

No there is nothing that she can do to deport you. She is making empty threats.

Only the government can deport you. since you are a legal permanent resident, I doubt they can revoke your green card without due legal process prior to deporting you.

Tell your aunt that you are in America now, so she should work with you to resolve the matter amicably. However you must not forget she helped you get here, and that's the only reason you are here.

In any case, remind her that for the next several years either a bush or a Clinton will be in the white house so deportation of anyone is unlikely. In fact expect comprehensive immigration reform very soon.

Example:

2016 Jeb/Hillary

2020 Jeb/Hillary

2024 Hillary/Jeb

2028 George P

2032 George P

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

-no criminal records

nope

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.