Boiler

Obama uses N word

77 posts in this topic

That's why I wrote under that:

"Also, he wanted money and was an all around nutcase"

He had a lot of Islamic writings in there as well, and drawings from the Matrix. If I used the Muslim angle(which was also inconclusive) then you know NB would have been like see, he was a Muslim, that's why he did it. And he's black, so I'd have folks show up at my job trying to take me away. It's bad enough one person from VJ is already in Hawaii :devil:

I was saving the Muslim angle gee thanks

You are missing the point, I can say N-Word on her no issue.

If I spelt it out then the filter would kick in.

Likewise in conversation, was discussing the coverage and everybody was calling it the N-Word, no issue,

People refer to it as the "N-word" because it is offensive and insulting to a large amount of people. It's no different than people referring to the famous four letter word that begins with the letter "F" as the "F-word". It's offensive and it's not polite to say these words in a public setting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Perhaps I have benn around too long, anyway onto the next word and the next and the next, from todays Guardian:

The website for the campaign to banish the “R-word” is filled with stories from people vowing to never use the word again and pledging to encourage others to do the same. One woman from northern California is typical – she writes: “I have used the term without thought of meaning. I am guilty. I vow to not use it ever again and spread the word through awareness to stop the R-word from being used.”

The word she and over half a million others have signed up to reject is “retard”. Though it was once the purview of medics, it has for a long time been used as a derogatory term for people with learning disabilities and more widely as a casual insult.

For some reason its use has endured in the US. In Britain it has to a large degree fallen out of use and is now probably most likely to be heard on screen in the cinema and when it is uttered (in my experience) the whole room tends to recoil.

Plenty of other abusive words persist, in all countries, that demean people with disabilities of all kinds but there’s something about the R-word that means the continued throwaway abuse of it really hits a nerve. It has made the journey to becoming ubiquitously offensive, so to see it being challenged so comprehensively and consistently in the US and elsewhere is encouraging.

The “spread the word to end the word” campaign was launched by the Special Olympics six years ago. It is just one aspect of a growing grassroots attempt to eradicate the R-word, including in schools and workplaces. In 2012, a 30-year-old Special Olympics athlete from Virginia who has Down’s Syndrome, John Franklin Stephens, wrote an open letter on a blog (it went viral) to the rightwing pundit Ann Coulter after she used the word in a tweet in reference to the president.

This is a global campaign. Every country has its own R-word
Christy White, media director, Special Olympics
In the letter Stevens wrote: “Come on Ms Coulter, you aren’t dumb and you aren’t shallow. So why are you continually using a word like the R-word as an insult? After I saw your tweet, I realised you just wanted to belittle the president by linking him to people like me. You assumed that people would understand and accept that being linked to someone like me is an insult and you assumed you would get away with it and still appear on TV. Well, Ms Coulter, you, and society, need to learn that being compared to people like me should be considered a badge of honour.”

Efforts to eliminate the R-word will once again be in the spotlight next month when the Special Olympics World Games return to the US and Los Angeles hosts the biannual event. Over nine days, from 25 July, the games will involve more than 7,000 athletes with learning disabilities from 170 countries competing in 25 “Olympic-type” sports ranging from aquatics to track and field.

For the organisers, athletes and supporters it represents another opportunity to “shift” the culture as Christy White, director of global media and public relations at the Special Olympics puts it. “This is a global campaign,” she says. “Every country has its own R-word.”

It’s not about policing language, White insists, but having “a call to action” that will make people think twice about using a term that can hurt and exclude so many people. “It’s all about changing perceptions,” she adds.

Nicole Maddox, director of communications at Best Buddies, a charity partner of the Special Olympics on the campaign, says strides are being made year-round to raise the issue. A new momentum is discernible, she believes. “We know that eliminating old prejudicial and other hurtful words moves us in a new, progressive direction that respects and recognises people for their abilities, and not their disabilities,” she says.

“Most people don’t think of the R-word as hate speech, but that’s exactly what it feels like to millions of people with learning disabilities, their families and friends. The R-word is just as cruel and offensive as any other slur and so it is incredibly important that we work to eliminate this word from society altogether.”

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

So, do you think President speaks for every single black person in the US?

Based on what I saw on the c-span during election night coverage on his first bid at POTUS, I'd say the power to speak for them was given to him by them, wholeheartedly and in toto.

Years Pass.

Today, Many are disenfranchised because of him, feel slighted about the whole thing.

Now what ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Based on what I saw on the c-span during election night coverage on his first bid at POTUS, I'd say the power to speak for them was given to him by them, wholeheartedly and in toto.

Years Pass.

Today, Many are disenfranchised because of him, feel slighted about the whole thing.

Now what ?

Not really. Because what was the difference between Obama and the rest of the folks who ran before him? Black people voted in large groups for Clinton and Gore, both well above the 85% range. The only reason it made a fuss is because Obama himself is half black. It's almost like folks didn't think black people voted before 2008.

What you saw were people who have lived in this country for decades thinking there will never be a black President and being jubilant that in our lifetime we go to see one serve two full terms. Many of us thought he would be assassinated. And I know instinctively because he didn't end world hunger or eliminate over 400 years of racial disparity, he is considered a failure.

Some are good with him, others are not. That's what Presidents do. If Clinton or Bush or anyone else spoke in the same manner as yesterday, I wouldn't blast them, because it's easy to see the context of why he said what he said.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Many people voted for Hope and Change and were disappointed they got neither.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Many people voted for Hope and Change and were disappointed they got neither.

I voted for a President. That's what I got.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

I knew many who were hoping but being a cynic I was expecting exactly what it tuned out we got.

I do feel sorry for those people who were so let down.

I knew many who were hoping but being a cynic I was expecting exactly what it tuned out we got.

I do feel sorry for those people who were so let down.

Who was hoping? Folks here who voted for him have pretty much done okay for themselves. Did you vote for him?

(Pssssst -- you forgot you also got your Obamaphone.)

I know right? Still waiting for my free stuff....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

I think you had to be a Citizen and/or Democrat to vote.

Neither of them appealed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think most people who voted for Obama were people who live in reality, rather than those who live in some fictional backwoods 1950's fantasy world. The fact that we have had a black president is Hope and Change, because for once it wasn't a d---- old white man. People who have lived under the heel of a plutocracy and have faced the worst of it, are accustomed to expecting two small steps forward, one large step back, rather than large miracles and don't live in a fantasy world. Insinuating that one person can miraculously change a whole corrupt system just makes me cringe.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

I think most people who voted for Obama were people who live in reality, rather than those who live in some fictional backwoods 1950's fantasy world. The fact that we have had a black president is Hope and Change, because for once it wasn't a d---- old white man. People who have lived under the heel of a plutocracy and have faced the worst of it, are accustomed to expecting two small steps forward, one large step back, rather than large miracles and don't live in a fantasy world. Insinuating that one person can miraculously change a whole corrupt system just makes me cringe.

That's why I can't figure out why folks try and argue that Obama somehow made race relations worse in this country. I know now it will be a long time before another black person runs and makes it to the White House. I assume the same thing will happen to Hillary if she wins. Unless she unites the world in harmony, she will be deemed a failure, no matter what her successes are.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

300,000,000 plus population, surely one competent option?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Need more than a single individual when the whole government is controlled by banks and big money, but let's keep dreaming.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05