theskeets

Beneficiary Already has SSN: Good or Bad?

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone else applying for a CR-1 has had a beneficiary that already has a SSN? Did this expedite or impact the proceedings at all?

My husband and I met in the US, where he was a student and worked for 7 years under F-1, OPT and H-3 visas. He was given a SSN when he received the OPT and has paid taxes.

Any thoughts or input would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

American girl and Swiss/Italian boy who met in San Francisco in 2009, moved to Amsterdam in 2014 and married in Switzerland in 2015. Both living and filed for CR-1 from abroad. (L)

USCIS: California Service Center

07/04/2015: I-130 Sent

07/08/2015: NOA 1

07/30/2015: NOA 2

NVC

08/15/2015: NVC Scan

08/24/2015: NVC Case and IIN Received

08/24/2015: DS-261 Completed

08/24/2015: AOS Fee Received

08/26/2015: AOS Fee Marked as Paid

08/28/2015: IV Fee Received

08/31/2015: AOS Package Scanned

09/02/2015: IV Package Scanned

09/02/2015: IV Fee Marked as Paid

09/02/2015: DS-260 Completed

10/07/2015: NVC flagged for Supervisor Review

10/08/2015: Case Complete!!!

10/09/2015: Interview Date Scheduled

10/13/2015: P4 Interview Letter Received

Consulate

11/10/2015: Medical Appointment

11/17/2015: Interview

EKSwp2.png

I already have a SSN from long time ago. It means the same # remains. The only difference is that as I am married now and changed my last name, my SS card will be issued with new name on it. Nether good or bad, just a fact. If your existing card has expiration date (mine was "not valid for employment") you will receive the new one. Make sure fill the right info on your I-260 when you are asked about it so it will be mailed to you after arrival.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.