Greenbaum

UPDATE!! Important new info about visa issuance

40 posts in this topic

Our interview was on April 23, had 221g for an NBI with a.k.a, CEAC status went from AP to Non-Immigrant Ready on June 17. What date do you think were we approved on? Is "approval" on the day when the status changes to Ready or is it when the status changes to Issued?

When your status goes to ready, then you have received a final approval. It is now off to the printer and ready to leave the building. Once it goes to issued, they finished printing the visa and it now out the door. Then time to check 2go.

http://tinyurl.com/o7ylnms

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our interview was on April 23, had 221g for an NBI with a.k.a, CEAC status went from AP to Non-Immigrant Ready on June 17. What date do you think were we approved on? Is "approval" on the day when the status changes to Ready or is it when the status changes to Issued?

APPROVED is when you see ISSUED in the status on the CEAC website.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When your status goes to ready, then you have received a final approval. It is now off to the printer and ready to leave the building. Once it goes to issued, they finished printing the visa and it now out the door. Then time to check 2go.

http://tinyurl.com/o7ylnms

APPROVED is when you see ISSUED in the status on the CEAC website.

Hmm, are these conflicting statements or am I just confused now? :rofl: I think my takeaway from this is that it sounds like when you reach Ready, you should be on a path towards soon getting your visa but Elvis hasn't quite left the building yet until it actually says Issued, he's just in the back waiting for his ride so to speak hehe.

Anyway, my reason for asking was to see if I (and others like me) should expect to be stuck on Ready or 2nd AP for some time because our case was/will be approved after June 8. Since the glitch is really just about biometric data processing, I was hoping someone could tell me if our case is already past that point and that they CAN print our visa regardless of the delays. My assumption is that only recent applications/interviews (post June 8) are affected by the delays because they can't enter their DS-160 or fingerprint data into the system. Our interview was 2 months ago so there might be a good chance our data was entered before all of this craziness. Oh well, I guess I'll find out eventually! :)

12-01-2014: Sent I-129F package via FedEx

12-03-2014: Package arrived at TSC

12-08-2014: Check cashed

12-12-2014: NOA1 hard copy

01-23-2015: USCIS status: Case was Approved

01-30-2015: NOA2 hard copy

02-02-2015: USCIS sent K1 package to NVC

02-10-2015: NVC received K1 package

02-11-2015: Date that NVC supposedly assigned case number

02-18-2015: Called NVC and asked for case number

02-23-2015: Paid MRV Fee

03-02-2015: Scheduled USEM interview appointment

03-02-2015: NVC letter received

03-09-2015: Medical interview

04-23-2015: USEM interview, got 221g email, CEAC status: Immigrant AP

04-28-2015: CFO Seminar, sent 221g response

04-29-2015: USEM received 221g response

04-30-2015: CEAC status date updated

06-17-2015: CEAC status: Non-Immigrant Ready

06-27-2015: CEAC status: Non-Immigrant AP

07-01-2015: Visa in hand! (CEAC still AP lol)

Timeline

Hmm, are these conflicting statements or am I just confused now? :rofl: I think my takeaway from this is that it sounds like when you reach Ready, you should be on a path towards soon getting your visa but Elvis hasn't quite left the building yet until it actually says Issued, he's just in the back waiting for his ride so to speak hehe.

Anyway, my reason for asking was to see if I (and others like me) should expect to be stuck on Ready or 2nd AP for some time because our case was/will be approved after June 8. Since the glitch is really just about biometric data processing, I was hoping someone could tell me if our case is already past that point and that they CAN print our visa regardless of the delays. My assumption is that only recent applications/interviews (post June 8) are affected by the delays because they can't enter their DS-160 or fingerprint data into the system. Our interview was 2 months ago so there might be a good chance our data was entered before all of this craziness. Oh well, I guess I'll find out eventually! :)

It goes

Ready

AP

Ready

AP

Issued

If you catch each change anyway.

My Elvis has one foot in the door and one out, Hank's is at the curb hailing a cab (he is old school and never heard about Uber) lol

I think you should see yours soon based on the dates and interview so far back.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

(ready will show here a few times, with AP tossed in) ISSUED - PRINTED - DELIVERY

Uber... is that a old German style beer? :lol:

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So, we'll never know our visa is approved until it reaches "READY" status? Is that so? Mine is AP since may21, then updated june8 when they got my affidavit of joint sponsor, then updated again june24 but still AP. What do u think guys?

When it says issue, you can begin to dance. The passport has left the BIG house for your house.

If it says anything else, it's still pending and going through the necessary steps. If you see dates change or status changes that's a good thing because someone is touching your record. If it is not changing it is collecting dust. Lay in wait with patience, we have seen times like this before.

Can remember the SURGE from a year ago for expedited typhoon victims. Talk about a mess that was. You couldn't get an interview unless you used a software program that woke you up in the middle of the night and you had to quickly select what ever date was available whether you liked it or not because it could be another 30 - 60 days before another might pop up. Those dates were only dates that someone canceled. You never saw a full month view of open dates.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

So, we'll never know our visa is approved until it reaches "READY" status? Is that so? Mine is AP since may21, then updated june8 when they got my affidavit of joint sponsor, then updated again june24 but still AP. What do u think guys?

No. You will not know you are actually APPROVED until your status states ISSUED.

After issued your case file is forwarded on to have the visa printed (this is where the delays are because of the HACK), after the visa is printed everything is packaged and prepped for pickup by 2GO... then it is delivery time!!

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Question: Has the US Embassy Manila started releasing visas after the glitch....? Hopefully good news will come soon.

11/9/2015 sent AOS/EAD/AP application to Chicago Lockbox

11/15/2015 received a text message of receipt of application

11/18/2015 received written notification for the 3 applications

11/24/2015 received a notice of biometric appoint on 12/8/2015

12/8/2015 did the biometrics

1/16/2016 case update: "card production was ordered on 1/16/2015

1/19/2016 case update: case was approved

1/21/2016 case update: card was mailed

1/23/2016 received welcom letter :)

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Here is what is the latest news concerning visa's. This information comes via USEM's Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/manila.usembassy

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Here is what is the latest news concerning visa's. This information comes via USEM's Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/manila.usembassy

And in government speak it means "For us, the problems have been corrected, but we have a large backlog and it will take us some time to clear it."

US Citizenship based on section 319(b)

Entered US Date: 7/27/2015

Date Married: 8/15/2015

GC-Date: 12/1/2015

Sent: 4/12/2016

Check Cashed: 4/20/2016

E-Notification: 4/20/2016

NOA: 4/18/2016

Fprints: 4/12/2016

In Line:

Int Ltr: 7/19/2016

Interview: 8/8/2016

Oath: 8/10/2016

Field Office: Honolulu, HI

Timeline

And in government speak it means "For us, the problems have been corrected, but we have a large backlog and it will take us some time to clear it."

travel.state.gov says this:

"Q: Reports indicate that your backlog is 700,000 visas. Is this accurate?

No. While there is a large backlog of cases to clear, it never approached that level, and we have already made good progress issuing those visas. Many posts are working overtime this week, and we expect to eliminate the backlog in a week or less."

So it sounds like they are working hard to clear them, and things should go back to normal sometime next week maybe. Crossing my fingers!

12-01-2014: Sent I-129F package via FedEx

12-03-2014: Package arrived at TSC

12-08-2014: Check cashed

12-12-2014: NOA1 hard copy

01-23-2015: USCIS status: Case was Approved

01-30-2015: NOA2 hard copy

02-02-2015: USCIS sent K1 package to NVC

02-10-2015: NVC received K1 package

02-11-2015: Date that NVC supposedly assigned case number

02-18-2015: Called NVC and asked for case number

02-23-2015: Paid MRV Fee

03-02-2015: Scheduled USEM interview appointment

03-02-2015: NVC letter received

03-09-2015: Medical interview

04-23-2015: USEM interview, got 221g email, CEAC status: Immigrant AP

04-28-2015: CFO Seminar, sent 221g response

04-29-2015: USEM received 221g response

04-30-2015: CEAC status date updated

06-17-2015: CEAC status: Non-Immigrant Ready

06-27-2015: CEAC status: Non-Immigrant AP

07-01-2015: Visa in hand! (CEAC still AP lol)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.