jennialex

Help!!! Ciudad Juarez Appointment June 16, 2015

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello,

This is our first time posting to Visa Journey. I am a Native American United States Citizen and my husband, Alex was born in Mexico. We have been married for five years and have been in the immigration process for almost three years. We do have children together. My husband recently had his immigration appointment in Ciudad Juarez on Tuesday morning, June 16, 2015. He said that he went in he spoke to two different individuals. One was the main officer who asked him about his family, tattoos, minor arrests, etc. The officer told him that he has nothing to worry about but that he needed to go speak with another person at a window due to some concerns that he has about his tattoos and minor arrests. He went to the other window and spoke with a woman who questioned him again about drugs, tattoos, arrests, children, wife, etc. She stated that the officer before had a couple of concerns regarding his tattoos and arrests and that they needed to do further investigation to determine that his tattoss are not gang related and that all of his tickets/arrests have been taken care of. She handed him a blue piece of paper and told him that it may take 2 to 4 weeks to get the decision on his case. He told her that he had no where to go for that amount of time and would lose his job if he did not return. He also told her that his family would not be taken care of financially and what would we do if he was not able to return ASAP. She had a sad look in her eyes and appologized to him but that they needed to do their job and should not have anything to worry about. The blue peice of paper had a website on it where he could check his status. We were crushed when we heard the news of this. Since then I had to return to USA to work and take care of our children. We have both been extremely depressed living so far from eachother and our children do not understand why their Daddy is not here. We are trying so hard to be strong for eachother and our children but we dont know how much longer we will be able to cope with this. We check daily on the website but the website updates every 7 to 9 days. It is so hard for us. We communicate daily through Skype, phone, etc. We dont know what our options are to finding out something sooner. His case could have already been completed but we are unaware of this due to the website not updating daily. I have been trying to look up a phone number to call or an email to mail to check the status of my husband's visa status daily but have been unsuccessful. If anyone could offer their insight or if you have went throught this before, your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jennifer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Is this a I 601a?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You've got to keep it together for your kids. This could take weeks as they said 2-4. It might be longer. You are only 5 days into this only three have be business days when they would be working on it. You speaking and waiting as it's been months. Generaly speaking if everything went to plan and it was approved it could have taken a week or two to get the visa anyway, so I don't know what you two were expecting as you are still in the time-frame. It is certainly hard to live apart from your significant other, many have to endure months and years of this.

What visa or authorization was he working under here before? Hopefully he communicated to them he might be gone awhile.

Timeline

It would appear he was working in the US illegally.

CDJ are certainly focused on gang tattoos, usually something that comes up in the medical. Not sure there is a given time frame for these situations, might was to check on immigrate2us.net as they have more cases of this type.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

CDJ are certainly focused on gang tattoos, usually something that comes up in the medical. Not sure there is a given time frame for these situations, might was to check on immigrate@us.net as they have more cases of this type.

Kind of what I was getting at. Doubt the consular cared if he couldn't go back to illegaly working if that's the case...could even work aganist him. I'm not saying he was or wasn't....just what it seems like in this case.

Edited by Shauneg

Timeline

Well it is not a strong selling point, but I doubt very much if it is relevant.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

CDJ are certainly focused on gang tattoos, usually something that comes up in the medical. Not sure there is a given time frame for these situations, might was to check on immigrate2us.net as they have more cases of this type.

All of my husband's tattoos are sentimental. They are either our children's or my names. Nothing more...... And of course since he was here illegally, he worked here illegally. I mean he has an ITIN which is used like a social. We even file our taxes together with it. Have been for years. I guess I never mentioned before but my husband was brought here to the USA as a child after his mother passed away due to breast cancer. He grew up here and went to school here. He speaks perfect English and spanish. I do not speak any spanish and was terrified being in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. I know that it has only been a few days but to us it seems like months. We have been with each other every day for the past 5 years. I know that certain people are used to things like this or don't really mind it but it is different for us.

Edited by Ryan H

Timeline

Same for everybody, remember you are on the very fast track, many here will wait a year.

Timeline

All of my husband's tattoos are sentimental. They are either our children's or my names. Nothing more...... And of course since he was here illegally, he worked here illegally. I mean he has an ITIN which is used like a social. We even file our taxes together with it. Have been for years. I guess I never mentioned before but my husband was brought here to the USA as a child after his mother passed away due to breast cancer. He grew up here and went to school here. He speaks perfect English and spanish. I do not speak any spanish and was terrified being in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. I know that it has only been a few days but to us it seems like months. We have been with each other every day for the past 5 years. I know that certain people are used to things like this or don't really mind it but it is different for us.

Everyone here can understand being apart, that's why we are all here. I mentioned the work as point that they wouldn't care about that, not to judge....it's not my place. We all have things happen that we couldn't help. It's natural to feel the way you do when being apart it gets easier to handle as the days go by. The only advice I can give being military and gone ALOT is to communicate regularly, open, and honestly. Luckily we are now in the world of skype and internet where communication is instant. I will be honest, for me it's harder talking and skyping everyday when I am gone because it's always there in my face serving a constant reminder that I'm gone, I usually go a few days between. Everyone is going to deal with separation different. Don't let your emotions be projected onto your children directly or indirectly.

He will be back soon, legally, and won't have to live in worry again.....

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

As to your question, I believe there is no phone number you can try. The information will come up on the website when it is ready.

Sorry you have to be apart... tattoos and brushes with the law are commonplace for delays and even denials. Be patient, pray and stick together.

All the best,

UnaMexicana

:yes:Intelligence trumps muscle... Imagination trumps both! :yes:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Cd. Juarez, Mexico
Met: January, 2006 :D
Marriage (if applicable): 2012-10-26 (L)
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-04

I-130 NOA2 : 2015-05-14

Shipped to DoS: 2015-05-22

Received at NVC: 2015-06-01

Case Created at NVC: 2015-06-10 (from Julian Date calculation)

AOS and IV Fee Invoiced: 2015-06-11
AOS and IV Fee Paid: Website down as of 06-15... Just waiting...
AOS and IV Fee Paid: 2015-07-05 CEAC site finally UP! :dancing:

AOS and Civil Docs received at NVC: 2015-10-13

NVC checklist for obsolete i864: 2015-11-25

Submit updated i864: ?????? when my lawyer desires... :clock:
Submit updated i864: Did NOT wait for lawywer. Did it myself 2015-12-10
NVC received reply to checklist i864: 2015-12-10 (yes.. same day O.O)

NVC case completed: 2016-01-07
NVC assigned interview date: 2016-01-23
Interview at CJS consulate: 2016-03-30

Visa "Issued": 2016-04-05
Entered the US: 2016-04-27

SSN Arrived: 2016-05-07 ... wow TEN days!

N-400

Filed Online: 2020-06-30

NOA: 2020-07-01

Biometrics Letter: 2021-04-08
Biometrics Appointment: 2021-05-03
Interview Scheduled/Cancelled: 2021-06-25 (never received online nor mail notification, just an email reply to tier 2 inquiry about status)

Interview ReScheduled: 2021-11-02

Interview Date: 2021-11-30

Oath ceremony Scheduled/Cancelled/Placed in Line: 2021-12-01
Oath: 2022-1-24 ... JOURNEY OVER! 😺

event.png

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Posts violating the TOS removed along with posts quoting. Administrative Action taken.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

We have been with each other every day for the past 5 years. I know that certain people are used to things like this or don't really mind it but it is different for us.

I am sure nobody here in this forum likes to be apart from their loved ones. Many of us have waited years to be with our partners, children, etc., all while being apart. I did not see my husband (then-fiancé) for over a year during the K1 process, and yes, it was hard. It has been only a few days for you, and while I understand that you are impatient to have your family reunited, you will have to wait for the decision of the consulate.

K1 Visa
Feb. 29, 2012: I-129F sent
March 8, 2012: NOA1 (VSC)
August 30, 2012: NOA2
Oct. 1, 2012: Packet 3 received
Nov. 3, 2012: Packet 4 received
Nov. 15, 2012: Interview - approved!
Jan. 18, 2013: POE New York Seaport
Feb. 2, 2013: Wedding

AOS
March 6, 2013: AOS Package sent
March 12, 2013: I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA's
March 29, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

May 10, 2013: EAD/AP approved
Sept. 5, 2013: "Potential Interview Waiver Case" letter received
Nov. 2, 2013: AOS approved (no interview)

ROC
Aug. 4, 2015: I-751 sent
Aug. 6, 2015: NOA1 (CSC)
Sept. 4, 2015: Biometrics Appointment
Feb. 10, 2016: ROC approved

Dual Citizenship
Aug. 26, 2016: BBG application sent (permit to retain German citizenship)
Nov. 21, 2016: BBG approval notice received (p/u at German Honorary Consulate, OKC: Feb. 6, 2017)
Dec. 8, 2016: N-400 sent
Dec. 12, 2016: Priority Date (NBC)

Jan. 9, 2017: Biometrics Appointment

Aug. 31, 2017: In-Line for Interview

Sept. 6, 2017: Interview Scheduled

Oct. 16, 2017: Interview

Oct. 25, 2017: Oath Appointment Letter received

Nov. 1, 2017: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.