dilhaitumhara

Nikah Nama (Pakistan)

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Need help urgently. I recently got married in Pakistan and my nikkah (marriage license) is in urdu with bridegroom and bride signature. The english Nikkah license(marriage license) (true copy) is perfectly fine however, it does not have the signature of the bride or the groom. What to do now? Help! Serious help needed. What to do now? Does English Copy have to be signed as well ?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Need help urgently. I recently got married in Pakistan and my nikkah (marriage license) is in urdu with bridegroom and bride signature. The english Nikkah license(marriage license) (true copy) is perfectly fine however, it does not have the signature of the bride or the groom. What to do now? Help! Serious help needed. What to do now? Does English Copy have to be signed as well ?

I believe I would have the signed one translated and submit copies of the original signed along with the translation

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You need to provide the urdu nikah nama, English nikah nama, and the nadra registration certificate. The English copy does not need to be signed. Just provide copies of what you have.

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

English translation doesn't require to be signed. You just need copy of urdu nikkah nama and English translation.

Edited by umar.sd

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You must submit a photocopy of your urdu marriage certificate and get the Marriage Certificate from union council as well as certified copy from union council and submit to the NVC. You must submit an original (or certified copy) and a photocopy of your marriage certificate to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at the time of your interview.

FB-3 Visa
I-130 NOA1 : 2003-10-04
I-130 Approved : 2011-03-22
NVC Received : 2014-01-29
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-01-29
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-05-13
Submit DS-261 : 2014-05-19
Receive IV Bill : 2014-01-29
Pay IV Bill : 2014-05-11
Send IV Package : 2014-10-09
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2015-01-02
Case Completed at NVC : 2014-12-09
Packet 4 Received : 2015-01-02
Interview Date : 2015-02-25

VISA ISSUED : 2015-02-26

Green Card Fee (USCIS ElIS) : 2015-03-08

Entry US 2015-06-06

Social Security Card 2015-06-09

Green Card 2015-07-06

Timeline

That's fine. As long as the nikkah is legit. I'm not sure why the nikkah nama won't be signed but I believe the translations are not suppose to have signatures since the original in Urdu should have them. I sent the original in Urdu along with the translation.

And no I don't drive Uber.

Timeline

One more thing on TRUE ENGLISH TRANSLATION Nikah copy

My home address in USA is half wrong House No is fine , Street name spelling is fine . Name of the CITY, County ,State names are spelled wrong is that a big issue ?

Its suppose to be Davie Broward Florida ,, but it says Davy brawad florda

Edited by dilhaitumhara

1) copy of nikah nama in urdu ( attestation by foreign affairs in pakistan)

2) copy of nikah nama translated in english, just go to court and have any lawyer to translate for you, make sure he stamped it then get attestation from foreign affairs of pakistan. ( no need of bride and groom sign on translated one).

3) Marriage Certifiacte from nadra ( attestation by foreign affairs office)

Only send copies!

One more thing on TRUE ENGLISH TRANSLATION Nikah copy

My home address in USA is half wrong House No is fine , Street name spelling is fine . Name of the CITY, County ,State names are spelled wrong is that a big issue ?

Its suppose to be Davie Broward Florida ,, but it says Davy brawad florda

U need to correct that address whoeve translated just ask him to correct on that nikah nama and have that correction "stamped and signed" for you.

My husband id card num was wrong on original nikah nama so we have to get it fixed by the molvi and he stamped it and signed. We got no issue with that and everything went good in our case no objection at all

Timeline

U need to correct that address whoeve translated just ask him to correct on that nikah nama and have that correction "stamped and signed" for you.

My husband id card num was wrong on original nikah nama so we have to get it fixed by the molvi and he stamped it and signed. We got no issue with that and everything went good in our case no objection at all

ok

• 2 months later...

No ENglish copy of of Nika nama doesn ot have to be signed. Make sure you keep the Nika Nama ( the one you guys signed on the marriage they only need that one)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.