Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
T_M

(merged threads) Sent a letter to withdraw k1 visa and my fiance and I got back together so we do NOT want to withdraw now (HELP!!!)

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hey guys! So as all of you know long distance is really challenging and my fiance and I have had our share of challenges both because of distance and with other factors. Anyway, we broke up and hadn't talked for a few days so thinking it was it for us, I went ahead and mailed a letter today to request withdraw of the K1 visa. We talked it out and have decided we want to stay together and do not wish to cancel the visa now. (I know, I know!) :crying:

So we were wondering if anyone can give any advice on what the options are at this point.

I was thinking I could try to intercept the letter at the post office by calling on Monday morning since they're closed now and closed on Sunday.

I was also thinking I could write another letter asking for the withdraw request to be voided and state that I do not wish to withdraw my application and I could have it notarized and over nighted to the Texas Service Center so it would arrive before the other letter. (not really sure how exactly I would word the letter)

I also thought I could call USCIS on Monday and tell them a letter was mailed to request withdraw and I do not wish to withdraw my application.

Or maybe try all three of those options...

If anyone can think of any other options or has any advice or experience with this that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advanced!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted a letter requesting to withdraw our K1 visa application in the midst of a break up but we have since reconciled and wish to continue normal processing.

I have written this letter to send to the service center with a copy of my noa1 to withdraw the withdrawal letter.

To whom it may concern:

I, X, as the petitioner do hereby state that I wish to rescind a letter requesting to withdraw the I-129F petition on behalf of beneficiary, X. The letter was dated June 18th 2015 and mailed on June 20th 2015. I would like for our I-129F petition with receipt number X to continue being processed as normal.

I can be reached by phone for any questions at X.

Can anyone give advice on whether or not they think the letter is sufficient? Should I also call on Monday?

Anyone at all out there have experience with this or know of any posts about a similar situation? (I've googled and can't find much at all)

Thanks in advanced, any help is greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have done a withdraw before.

I would call USCIS and ask them what you need to do.

I might even get Info Pass if a place is close to you to do so.

I would keep a record of everyone you talk to at USCIS along the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess you need make a infopass and talk to someone at the nearst uscis office near you.

And another thing , you need be more mature and dont take desition when you arw mad, before take a dession like that you need be sure and then take the dession of withdraw the petition.

You are starting the way to marriage in a bad way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

~Same/similar-themed threads merged~

~Do not multiple post of similar topics~

~Administrative action taken~

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

> Almost 2 years of our lives involved with the USCIS/DOS "shuffle" & worth every second of it ! <

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

_______________________

:idea: Read more, post less.... Google can be your friend ! :idea:

Prior apologies if I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Keep your timeline current: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess you need make a infopass and talk to someone at the nearst uscis office near you.

And another thing , you need be more mature and dont take desition when you arw mad, before take a dession like that you need be sure and then take the dession of withdraw the petition.

You are starting the way to marriage in a bad way.

I think you are assuming a bit much here. You have no idea what the couple might have been going through or have been through enough to call them immature. This is something they could have been planning for weeks and then decided to rekindle their relationship. Those things happen even in adult relationships, especially when there is this much stress involved. OP never said they were angry or made a rash and quick decision. OP said they made the decision but have decided to work things out. Realizing that there are issues and deciding to work things out isn't a bad way to start a marriage- it's a great way knowing that even when there is an option to give up, that you will fight for what you have. Please know more information about the situation before you assume too much.

To the OP, I think that best option would be to try and intercept the letter so that it never even gets to USCIS. The next step would be to contact someone (preferably tier 2) if you are unable to stop the letter. Good luck and congrats on working things out, it is hard but totally worth it!


Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙


God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 @T_M hi there. i hope youre still active in here. 

what happened with your cancellation?? 

i have the same issue righnt now. my f sent a withdrawal letter because we werenplanning just to get married. then after 10days we receive the hardcopy of Notice of Approval.. how did manage to have The withrawal letter Void?  thankyou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP closed his account 2 years ago.  Thread is now locked.


06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×