36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Had our interview today in Jamaica.... Arrived at the Embassy with my fiancé at 9:00 for a 9:30 appointment. Wasn't much of a line outside and checked in with the First Lady outside. She looked at our appointment letter and circled the date and time and gave it back. Also looked at the DS160 confirmation page. We were then instructed to go in the building, where we went through security. Went through the courtyard to the consular building, where we were greeted by another worker, who took both of our passports, and the appt letter , looked at ds160 confirmation, and receipt for paying visa. She gave the passports back but kept the appt letter. They had him write his passport number on a piece of paper and attached our number and directed us into another area where we waited for our number to be called.

We were called to the first window at 9:15. She asked for ds160 conf page, receipt of payment, original birth certificate for him, no impediment (original), police record (original), Affidavit of Support form along with tax returns and employer letter. I had the bank letter, statements, check stubs, benefits and retirement available but she did not ask for them. Only the tax returns and letter from employer. She had him sign 2 papers, 1. Stating he hasn't gotten married since No Imped issued. 2. That he wouldn't get married until he enters the US.

She then took his passport and passport pictures and stapled in our folder. Fingerprinted him and told us to have a seat and wait for name to be called..

Wasn't a long wait, but it sure felt like it was forever!!! We were both nervous. We got called up to another window and she was very nice and pleasant. Took fingerprints again for verification.

She asked if he had been married before, and if I had been married before. We both have so we showed her our divorce decrees and she gave them back.

Asked him if he had been to US before, which he has, and then asked why he came back to Jamaica.

She mentioned this was our second filing and the only other question she asked was why he didn't make it to the interview of our previously filed K1 Petition.

She took NO evidence of our relationship or any other documents. Told us everything looked in order and to go home and wait for the Visa to come.... You are APPROVED, Best of Luck to y'all.

Only issue we had is that we have a trip planned in July that he will need his passport for and with the computer glitch that is happening we were concerned he wouldn't get it back in time. The lady was very helpful and eased our worry. She gave him an appointment for the day before our trip and said if he hadn't received the passport and visa before then he could come back to embassy and pick up his passport for the trip, and then return it to them when he returns. We walked out of the Embassy at 10:00...

We were excited and surprised that they let me attend the interview with him.. So glad that this step is over and we can move on... PRAISE JESUS... So glad our CO was personable!!!! Now time to pop the champagne!! LOL

Good luck to everyone out there waiting!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Congratulations!!!!

October 30, 2014 - Sent I-129F

November 5, 2014 -USCIS received petition

November 9, 2014 - Check pending

November 10, 2014 - Check cashed and NOA1 received

November 17, 2014 - NOA1 hard copy received

************NO RFE...***************

April 2, 2015 - NOA2 (143 days) (L)

April 8, 2015 - NOA2 hardcopy

April 14, 2015 - Send to NVC

April 21, 2015 - NVC Received petition

April 23, 2015 - Case number assigned

April 25, 2015 - In transit

April 23, 2015 - Package 3 received (Email)

April 27, 2015 - Consulate received petition

May 5, 2015 - Package 3 completed & NVC letter received

May 18, 2015 - Medical

May 27, 2015 - Pick up medical results

May 29, 2015 - Interview ----- APPROVED! :dancing:

June 8, 2015 - Administrative Processing

June 9, 2015 - ISSUED! :luv:

June 12, 2015 - Visa Received :dancing:

Timeline

Congratulations. Did you have to request to attend the interview with him or they just let you in ?

Congratulations!!!

@Kemtan my fiance interviewed on June 5th and I was allowed to go in with him, too! We didn't request it.

Timeline

Congratulations. Did you have to request to attend the interview with him or they just let you in ?

Thank you !!!! So glad it's over with!!!

No special request, I just went with him and they let me in also..

Congratulations!!!!

Thank you........

Timeline

Congratulations!!!

@Kemtan my fiance interviewed on June 5th and I was allowed to go in with him, too! We didn't request it.

Thank you...... Any news on your visa delivery???

Timeline

Congratulations.

AOS Date Filed : 2015-05-27

Got rejection notice on May 29, 2015 for an incomplete application

Receive rejected application on June 6, 2015

Resubmit June 8, 2015

Delivered June 9, 2015

NOA Date : 2015-06-16

Bio. Appt. : 2015-07-06

EAD and AP Approved Date : 2015-08-14

Date Combo Card Received : 2015-08-21 (Received my card about 6hrs apart on the same day they sent an e-mail that they shipped my card).

Receive Potential Interview Waiver Letter: September 9, 2015 sigh!!
AOS Approved without interview 2015-10-08 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :star: 3 MONTHS AND 22 DAYS AFTER NOA1 (F)
(L)In God I Put My Trust :star:

Timeline

Congratulations on your approval. I bet you are so happy to be there with him through the entire embassy process, just sharing all that nerve racking nervousness and then all that heart warming happiness to know you are approved.

AOS From K-1

Date Filed :

2015-06-09

NOA Date : 2015-06-17

Bio. Appt. : 2016-06-06

Approved Date : 2015-08-14

Date Card Received : 2015-08-21

“Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations!!!

That's great to know.I taught you weren't allowed unless you request it.

Timeline

Congratulations!

K - 1 Fiance Visa Process (I-129F Petition)

(L) Engaged (L) - March 22, 2015

K-1 Petition Sent (via USPS) - April 10, 2015

K-1 Petition Received - April 15, 2015

NOA1 (Email & Text) - April 16, 2015

NOA2 (Email, Text & App Notification) - May 22, 2015 (37 LONG Days from NOA1) :dance:

NOA2 (Official I-797 via Mail) - May 29, 2015

NVC Received (Phone Verification) - June 10, 2015

NVC Issued Case Number (Phone Verification) - June 11, 2015

Left NVC (Phone Verification) - June 15, 2015

Consulate Received (CEAC Website) - June 16, 2015

Emailed for Packet 3 - June 16, 2015 (US Immigration Computer Glitch Era: 6/9-6/23)

Emailed for Packet 3 - June 23, 2015 (2nd Attempt)

Received Packet 3 (via Email) - June 24, 2015

Scheduled Interview & Medical - June 24, 2015

Medical Appointment - July 3, 2015 (Medical Paperwork Picked-up 7/15/15)

Consulate Interview - July 17, 2015 (Approved) :dancing:

CEAC Web Status Update: "Ready" Case Created Date: Case Updated 7/20/2015 (Non-Immigrant Visa Application)
CEAC Web Status Update: "Administrative Processing" Case Updated 7/22/2015
CEAC Web Status Update: "Issued" Case Updated 7/24/2015 :dancing:

Department of State email stating Visa documents are at DHL Kingston ready for pickup - July 28, 2015 @ 5:45PM

Documents Transferred to Montego Bay, Jamaica for pickup w/DHL - July 29, 2015 (Called DHL Kingston to make request; Will be available 7/30/15)

Visa in Hand at DHL Montego Bay - July 30, 2015 @ 1:30PM :dance:

US Entry (IAH - Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport) - August 8, 2015

Court House Marriage - September 1, 2015

Applied for Social Security Card (In-Person in Houston about an hour wait) - September 1, 2015 (No Issues)

Adjustment of Status Process (I-485, I-131, I-765)

Sent I-485, I-765, I-131 (via USPS) - October 1, 2015

Applications Received - October 5, 2015

NOA1 (Email & Text) - October 8, 2015

NOA1 (Hard Copy) - October 13, 2015

Biometrics Appointment Letter Received - October 19, 2015

Biometrics Appointment - October 30, 2015

Wedding Ceremony - October 31, 2015

Service Request - December 28, 2015 (Called USCIS to check status of I-765 (Work Permit), representative put in Request for update since we were approaching 90 days)

New Card Is Being Produced (Text & Website) - December 30, 2015 (Status Update for Green Card (I-485) Case) :dancing:

Case Was Approved (Text & Website) - December 31, 2015 (I-485 Case)

Card Was Mailed (Text & Website) - January 5, 2016 (I-485 Case)

Green Card Received (USPS) - January 8, 2016 :dancing: :idea: :dancing: :no: :thumbs: :yes: :dance: :jest:

Timeline

Thank you...... Any news on your visa delivery???

Nope no news. On the Monday after the interview the status changed to "Nonimmigrant Visa Application" and "Administrative Processing" and it's been like that ever since. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.