shellymarie

SOME QUESTIONS (BRAZIL)(After NOA2)

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks for the comments! The consulate must of been watching this forum because I just received the email from them that they received the application from the NVC!!! hehe

Hi, sorry, I took forever but you got your answer. I bet that if you contact them they will say you should wait to be contacted and blah blah blah. The reality: I believe that they don't do anything with your DS prior to your interview (They scan the bar code there), so what would be the difference to fill it before or after being contacted by them? I guess it doesn't matter AT ALL. I filled mine before and it was all fine (I had to submit another one later one because I made a mistake). For instance: When we fill for a tourist visa the first thing we have to do is filling the DS-160 and until then the Embassy don't even know we exist (I know that K1 and B2 are completely different but it's just an example and additionally the system is just the same!)

Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

No... Juramentada means that it has to be translated by a licensed translator by the US embassy in your country.

You can find them if you are in São Paulo at the jucesp list. If you are not in São Paulo, go for the !junta comercial" site of your State/City and you will find one.

Keep money for that... it´s expensive... :(

I´LL START TO LIVE BACK AGAIN WHEN I´LL BE ON MY HUBBY´S ARMS, FOREVER AND EVER. UNTIL THERE, I DON´T LIVE. I SURVIVE. (L)

event.png

Timeline

One thing I'm in doubt is the "traducao juramentada" document they ask for k1 applicants.

It's not clear if it needs to be "autenticada" or just filled and signed. Or because it's "juramentada" it needs to be filled and sign in front of the co.

Hi, you're misunderstanding what ''autenticada'' vs. ''reconhecimento de firma'' means, ''autenticar'' means to prove the authenticity of a document copy comparing with its original version, ''reconhecer firma''or ''notarize'' is when you sign the document and get the stamp to prove it was you signing it. Anyways, you don't need to notarize anything neither sign it there, you can sign prior to your interview and they won't bother about it, however if you have doubts just take a blank version of the document and sign it there whenever they ask you (If so).

• 1 year later...
Timeline

Thanks for all the contributions here. I'd like to revive this thread and see if there are any recent Brazilian beneficiaries/petitioners of Brazilian beneficiaries who have any new tips to add for 2016/2017. 

Just received our NOA2. My fiancée is in Maceió. Just wanted to see if there are any new tips/tricks to watch out for. 

Thanks in advance. 

K1

I-129F Sent :                                       2017-01-03

I-129F NOA1 :                                     2017-01-12

I-129F NOA2 :                                     2017-04-12

NVC Received :                                   2017-05-08

Consulate Received :                          2017-05-12

Packet 3 Received :                             2017-05-15

Interview (Approved) :                        2017-06-06

Visa Received:                                    2017 06-15

US Entry (POE: Houston):                   2017 06-26

AOS

I-485 Combo Sent:                              2017-08-01

I-485 NOA1:                                        2017 08-07

Biometrics:                                         2017 08-23

I-131 Approval:                                   2017 10-16

I-765 Approval:                                   2017 10-16

Interview (No Decision)                      2017 10-25

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, PhotoJ89 said:

Thanks for all the contributions here. I'd like to revive this thread and see if there are any recent Brazilian beneficiaries/petitioners of Brazilian beneficiaries who have any new tips to add for 2016/2017. 

Just received our NOA2. My fiancée is in Maceió. Just wanted to see if there are any new tips/tricks to watch out for. 

Thanks in advance. 

Hello @PhotoJ89 I'm from Brazil as well. Can you confirm that you applied on Jan 3, and just received your NOA2 Approved? This is less than 3 months, you must be super happy. 

I believe that she needs to wait until she receives the package in her town, schedule the medical exam and then the interview process. 

Congratulations and good luck.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

2 hours ago, TimeI$Money said:

Hello @PhotoJ89 I'm from Brazil as well. Can you confirm that you applied on Jan 3, and just received your NOA2 Approved? This is less than 3 months, you must be super happy. 

I believe that she needs to wait until she receives the package in her town, schedule the medical exam and then the interview process. 

Congratulations and good luck.

11 hours ago, PhotoJ89 said:

Thanks in advance. 

Then us citizen partner will receive an email from Rio consulate with the instructions to schedule the interview and medical.

While you wait, you both can go ahead and start organizing the paperwork for the interview. The list of docs needed can be found at the consulates website.

There won't be any doctors in her area, so she can start planning on where to go, can also go and check if her vaccinations are up to date so she saves money on her medical, etc

Timeline
6 hours ago, p-ana said:

Then us citizen partner will receive an email from Rio consulate with the instructions to schedule the interview and medical.

While you wait, you both can go ahead and start organizing the paperwork for the interview. The list of docs needed can be found at the consulates website.

There won't be any doctors in her area, so she can start planning on where to go, can also go and check if her vaccinations are up to date so she saves money on her medical, etc

Thanks @p-ana 

We are mainly concerned with the following items...

1. Scheduling the medical. We were planning on her scheduling a medical on a Thursday, 5 days before the Tuesday interview. Is this enough time for the Doctor in Rio to send the test results to the Consulate? Or is it possible to get the results more quickly? Since she has to get on an airplane to get to Rio, it would be best if we could do the medical and the interview in one trip. Do you have any more information or ideas on this?

2. Scheduling her departure from Brazil. I would like to attend the Interview, as well as leave the country with her. Do you think this is possible to do in 2 weeks or less? Due to my job, I can't take more than a couple weeks off. I've read that you have the option of picking up the passport (containing approved K-1 visa) in Rio instead of being mailed to the beneficiary's residence. Does anyone know the average number of business days from Interview to passport ready for pickup?

Thank you

K1

I-129F Sent :                                       2017-01-03

I-129F NOA1 :                                     2017-01-12

I-129F NOA2 :                                     2017-04-12

NVC Received :                                   2017-05-08

Consulate Received :                          2017-05-12

Packet 3 Received :                             2017-05-15

Interview (Approved) :                        2017-06-06

Visa Received:                                    2017 06-15

US Entry (POE: Houston):                   2017 06-26

AOS

I-485 Combo Sent:                              2017-08-01

I-485 NOA1:                                        2017 08-07

Biometrics:                                         2017 08-23

I-131 Approval:                                   2017 10-16

I-765 Approval:                                   2017 10-16

Interview (No Decision)                      2017 10-25

23 hours ago, PhotoJ89 said:

Thanks @p-ana 

We are mainly concerned with the following items...

1. Scheduling the medical. We were planning on her scheduling a medical on a Thursday, 5 days before the Tuesday interview. Is this enough time for the Doctor in Rio to send the test results to the Consulate? Or is it possible to get the results more quickly? Since she has to get on an airplane to get to Rio, it would be best if we could do the medical and the interview in one trip. Do you have any more information or ideas on this?

2. Scheduling her departure from Brazil. I would like to attend the Interview, as well as leave the country with her. Do you think this is possible to do in 2 weeks or less? Due to my job, I can't take more than a couple weeks off. I've read that you have the option of picking up the passport (containing approved K-1 visa) in Rio instead of being mailed to the beneficiary's residence. Does anyone know the average number of business days from Interview to passport ready for pickup?

Thank you

1. A lot of people do the medical in Rio because they're already there for the interview. Most likely it will be all ready if she goes 5 days before interview, but it's best to check with the doctors assistant to get a better estimate. Even if the medical results are not there on the day of the interview, it's something that won't delay the visa issuance much. Staying in Rio longer so I'd have the results in hand at the interview would've made my trip a lot more expensive, so I ended up going to Belo Horizonte instead. 

2. I would never plan the departure before having the visa in hand. The consulate is usually pretty quick, but nothing is a 100% guaranteed. I got mine in 2 weeks after interview and it was all good, but there's always the possibility that the visa has errors, the package goes missing on the way, etc. 

Timeline

1. If its still the same Dr in Leblon, 5 days should be plenty of time, again check with the Dr's assistant. 

2. 2 weeks is cutting it tight, 3 weeks would be better (enjoy the city!) and YES pick up the passport at the Rio Office (where the Biometrics are taken) do not trust the local post office to deliver on time such important document. 

Best of Luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.