Sengledow

Rant

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It first took 2 months to get the correct id's for a passport. Id's finally approved then told it would be 30 business days (52 days total) to receive the passport on June 22. Fiancé just received text today, 4 days shy of receiving her passport and was told there are some " technical difficulties" and passports are on hold right now. Not angry, just shaking my head

It first took 2 months to get the correct id's for a passport. Id's finally approved then told it would be 30 business days (52 days total) to receive the passport on June 22. Fiancé just received text today, 4 days shy of receiving her passport and was told there are some " technical difficulties" and passports are on hold right now. Not angry, just shaking my head

Welcome to the Visa Process courteously of These United States. Hey, your working with government. Just a few days ago I posted this http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/552816-overseas-computer-sytems-experiencing-glitches-affecting-visas/. Some details as to what is slowing things down. Remember this.... lots of people are traveling for summer and there are thousands who are getting visa's.

You just have to have patience and not let these little things bother you. If you read other threads here on VJ yours is a "walk in the park". You DON'T want to walk a mile in their shoes.

Need any help my website below has detailed step by step instructions with links to forms and further information. It could help your travels through the visa process and beyond and make your life a little easier. Take a look link is in my signature below at the twisting arrow.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is this for fiancé passport in Philippines?

Timeline

Yes for a fiancé passport. Everywhere I read it was to be around 2 weeks to get the passport and you could pay to get it quicker then that. Between Manila , Cebu and Tacloban, they all had different requirements for ids that were acceptable. We decided on Tacloban( fiancé lives in Ormoc) because the final id they required was the easiest to obtain. After her paperwork was accepted, this is when she learned her passport would be ready in 30 business days, 52 days total

Timeline

Yes for a fiancé passport. Everywhere I read it was to be around 2 weeks to get the passport and you could pay to get it quicker then that. Between Manila , Cebu and Tacloban, they all had different requirements for ids that were acceptable. We decided on Tacloban( fiancé lives in Ormoc) because the final id they required was the easiest to obtain. After her paperwork was accepted, this is when she learned her passport would be ready in 30 business days, 52 days total

Yea Typical Philippine BS.. Now you see why nobody or no one wants to invest money in Philippines, Just too much BS to deal with

Fall in Line, Don't question authority, Don't rock the boat, work for 4 dollars per day, you know typical Pi #######

Or as the people have been conditioned "It's More Fun In the Philippines"......

Ok 30 days is too long... unless your F didn't get the "rush" application which is about 300 pesos more. And of course there's the never ending "system updates" that dfa is working on or so they say.

Normal processing timelines is 2 weeks for rush and 1 month for regular application.

Goodluck and patience :)

K1 VISA :)
02-25-2015: I-129f sent
03-03-2015: NOA1
03-25-2015: NOA2
04-29-2015: Medical (passed)
05-18-2015: Interview (approved) yay!
05-21-2015: Issued! ?
06-25-2015: US entry

AOS
09-16-2015: Sent AOS, EAD and AP packets
09-22-2015: NOA

10-15-2015: Biometrics

11-20-2015: EAD and AP approval

12-21-2015: Interview

12-30-2015: AOS approval :)

ROC

11-02-2017: I-751 sent

11-07-2017: NOA1

11-30-2017: Biometrics

Timeline

... exactly! Have to learn to relax and be "more" patient. :)

I have heard that said so many times while in Philippines

They sure have the people conditioned in Philippines......

After re-read I see the OP is ranting about getting a Phil PP for his fiancé.

Just wait until he starts the US visa process if he hasn't already. He'll need to take 2 chill pills.

But we are all here to support him.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-17
I-130 Sent : 2014-06-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-25
I-130 RFE : 2014-08-11 (Wanted NSO Marriage Certificate, not LCR)
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-08-14
I-130 Approved : 2014-08-27
NVC Received : 2014-09-15
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Submit DS-261 : 2014-09-17
Send AOS Package : 2014-09-19
Receive IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Pay IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Received Interview Letter by E-mail: 2015-03-20 (May 5, 2015)
SLEC completed: 2015-04-22
Visa Approved: 2015-05-05
Visa Issued: 2015-05-15 (221g for no CENOMAR!)

Visa Received: 2015-05-21

POE: Chicago 2015-09-14

GC Received: 2015-11-17

Timeline

Ok 30 days is too long... unless your F didn't get the "rush" application which is about 300 pesos more. And of course there's the never ending "system updates" that dfa is working on or so they say.

Normal processing timelines is 2 weeks for rush and 1 month for regular application.

Goodluck and patience :)

Timeline

We asked for express processing and willing to pay for it. They said that option was not available and 30 days was the best we can get. I'm a bit confused of the hold up with a ph passport as the USA govt hack issues or whatever they are calling it shouldn't affect a ph passport unless they want to halt the entire system so they don't get to back logged. Once we have the passport we can fill out ds 160 and set up the interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.