julian2009

Does my US citizen husban need to file a separate I-130 for our minor children

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello Vj members I would like to ask question. Does my USC husband have to file a separate I-130 petition for our minor children?. We are immidiate relatives, so it will be for I-R1 visa. Please help we are kina confuse.

Thank you

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Vj members I would like to ask question. Does my USC husband have to file a separate I-130 petition for our minor children?. We are immidiate relatives, so it will be for I-R1 visa. Please help we are kina confuse.

Thank you

Are the children biologically his? If yes, check if they qualify for CRBA.

http://canada.usembassy.gov/consular_services/birth-abroad.html

Timeline

@ apple yes they are his biological children, but they are not qualify for CRBA.

We already filed an I-130 for me thinking that they will get there visa with me. My petition is at the NVC stage. Now I dont know what to do. We also filed for K-3/K-4 visa. And its also at NVC.

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Does my US citizen husban need to file a separate I-130 for our minor children

Yes.

Since _YOUR_Casefile is at NVC, I-130 approved,

when your husband files the new I-130s on the children,

ask for (via written letter with the submittal) an expedite, claiming Mom's I-130 is already approved - show a copy of the NOA-2 with each new I-130 submittal.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OK I will.

But will that slow down the process for my visa?

Thank you

No. Yours will go on as normal.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you and your husband were married at the time the children were born and your husband was a USC, they should already be automatically US citizens. Unless things changed since we had our son in 2003.

Pnyim4.png2LiSm4.png

If you and your husband were married at the time the children were born and your husband was a USC, they should already be automatically US citizens. Unless things changed since we had our son in 2003.

Because they children do not qualify under the CRBA then an I-130 is needed. Once the children reach the USA they will become USCs upon POE. Then they just need a US passport at that time. An I-864w needs to be filed for them.

OP:

The children will need to go through the petition and visa process as normal though and that means a medical and interview. If you wish to arrive ahead of your children then by all means keep going with your visa process. If you want everyone to have medicals and interviews on the same date, you need to stop any NVC process for yourself and wait foe the children's I-130s to catch up to yours.

There is no telling how long their petitions will take. Most of the time including a letter and a copy of the parent's NOA2 speeds up the process but the USCIS will do things at their pace.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

@NLR

Thanks very much for your reply. We didnt even know that once our children reach USA they will become USCs upon P.O.E. What do you mean by (Then they just need a US passport at that time)?

We will send their I-130 tomorrow, I would like to know if we have to send in the G-325 biographic information for them and passport pictures.

Thanks

Read the I-130 instructions on what is needed for children.

After the children arrive in the USA they will become USCs. At that point they will not need a green card and they can get a US passport, as all USC need a passport to enter and leave the USA.

http://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/citizenship-through-parents

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.