AKinPA

Children of K-1 fiance (K-2 visa): DS-160 process, fees???

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My fiancee has a daughter that is to come with her via the K-2 visa as part of her K-1 visa process. We're to the point of dealing with the DS-160 and looking at the fees. Basic questions are:

1. The electronic / online DS-160 asks whether anyone else is coming with the applicant - all the child's details can be entered.... is this all that needs to be done, or do we need to fill out another DS-160 for her daughter?

2. We're using the "CGI Federal" website as specified to sync up the visa application (so to speak) with the fees, and eventually "schedule your interview". After selecting "Immigrant Visa" and then K-1 the fee listed is $265 (looks OK) - - how to also make sure her daughter is included? There is a place to list "family members" - haven't gotten that far, but hoping we add her daughter and then adds the K-2 for us, with the fee.

3. In the flow charts on VJ there are lots of descriptions about the packet 3 process - to me it seems to have changed rather significantly with the move to electronic filing. Do we really "schedule our interview" once we have all the data (receipt numbers, DS-160 confirmation number, etc.)?

4. Can someone define "priority date" in the CGI profile information?

It seems to me that more control of ones timeline is possible now, by being proactive with the electronic filing. We already downloaded the I-169 checklist and know what we need (it's all basically done) - waiting on our case number from the NVC....

Thank you to everyone in advance for whatever suggestions you have.

Aaron

Edited by AKinPA

Timeline

Thanks for your reply. I think K-2 visas are pretty rare, and they're not explained in a lot of detail anywhere (no criticism of VJ, it's just my perception). I hope that when the DS-160 is finally submitted it will then show up over on CGI Federal's website when logged in, so that both my fiancee and her daughter are listed for the interview.

Can anyone else answer any of the other questions?

Thanks,

Aaron

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am a K1 K2 beneficiary too indeed the mother needs to fill out DS160 for her child also and that's a separate fee $265 each priority date is the expiration date for the petition if the interview is not done before that date after you have submitted the DS160 which is online pay the $265x2 also online then you can schedule the appointment date and time well that is what i did for me and my daughter don't know if the country makes a difference.

Timeline

Annstew, thank you very much for your reply. I think once the visa website is fixed I'll be able to help my fiancee complete the information. Currently the website doesn't save data.

I think other than our NVC case number we have everything else. The process may have changed since you went through packet 3, but I think we understand better now.

Best regards,

Aaron

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.