ArthurSkyNet

New Visa after 212(a)(7)(A)(i) 22 cfr 41.122(h)(3)

15 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I hope all of you is doing well! Thanks for your time attention and help! Appreciate it!

Well, back in 2011 got had withdrawn my application for admission at the port of entry, under codes 212(a)(7)(A)(i) and 22 cfr 41.122(h)(3).

Almost 5 years had past, and all this time a was not able to see my relatives who live in US. And I cant take it any longer, want to see my two just born nephews.

So I am trying to apply for a fresh B1/B2. And in a DS-160 there is uncomfortable question for me:

-Has your us visa ever been cancelled or revoked?

-Have you ever been refused a U.S Visa, or been refused admission to US, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?

For sure I have to declare the truth so the answer is YES.

But what info should be provided in window - explain in my case???

any suggestions on whole theme are welcome...

Thank You!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I hope all of you is doing well! Thanks for your time attention and help! Appreciate it!

Well, back in 2011 got had withdrawn my application for admission at the port of entry, under codes 212(a)(7)(A)(i) and 22 cfr 41.122(h)(3).

Almost 5 years had past, and all this time a was not able to see my relatives who live in US. And I cant take it any longer, want to see my two just born nephews.

So I am trying to apply for a fresh B1/B2. And in a DS-160 there is uncomfortable question for me:

-Have you ever been refused a U.S Visa, or been refused admission to US, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?

For sure I have to declare the truth so the answer is YES.

But what info should be provided in window - explain in my case???

any suggestions on whole theme are welcome...

Thank You!!!

What did they tell you when they allowed you to either withdraw your application or they cancelled your application or Visa at the border? Usually these types of cancels are due to the fact they believed you were immigrating.

So did they search your bags and find evidence you were going to stay? What was told to you?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You have been through the interview before, you may be asked about that attempted entry and why the PoE suspected you of immigrant intent.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I assume your visa was cancelled when you were denied entry? Is that the case?

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

Thanks to this forum and mr.JayJay!

- 212(a)(7)(A)(i) is basically for being an intending immigrant - CBP didn't believe that you were coming to the US for vacation. They believed you were coming to the US to live here.
- 22 cfr 41.122(h)(3) states the following:
(3) The alien is notified pursuant to INA 235(b) by an immigration officer at a port of entry that the alien appears to be inadmissible to the United States and the alien requests and is granted permission to withdraw the application for admission;

Timeline

Technically your visa was not cancelled and you were not refused admission.

Not sure if I would answer that question that way, not as if they do not know what happened, will be in the system.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

They will ask you a few questions, probably will ask about your last attempted entry. Just answer the questions.

Timeline

You are right, in the interview they will ask alot of question and I have answers on them.

But the question now is what to answer DS-160 in window "explain" , which will show up after ill put YES under questions:

TNX!!!

Timeline

You could say no, I think I would play it safe and say yes.

Filed: Timeline

Can't answer the first question re cancellation of your visa -- you should be able to tell if they wrote across it or not or said it was cancelled in any paperwork they gave you. It is likely it was cancelled, but nobody on the forum can tell you for sure.

You clearly should say "yes" to the denied entry question. They fact that you chose to withdraw the application means its easier to apply for a visa (and a few other benefits) but would not convince a visa officer that you were not, in fact, denied entry and could lead them to believe you are misrepresenting things. They will already know about the turn-around, so you might as well be as upfront about it as you can be. I would just cite the refusal code they gave you as the reason for the denied entry -- that's the most accurate and easiest to record.

Edited by jan22

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.