Tompearson

Sent to wrong address, but still found it's way to me. Where to go next?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I have been waiting for the USA Embassy in the UK to forward me details as what to do next on my visa application and an odd thing happened.

To cut a long story short, I received a phone call from a lady with fairly poor english saying that she had somehow been sent MY paperwork. My name and everything, but with the wrong front coversheet and address. Her address and name in fact. But my approved I-129F had been sent.

Luckily, the documentation had my phone number and she kindly sent me the paperwork, very kind of her seeing as she could have just binned the damn thing.

Anywho, I'm just very confused and not sure how to proceed. I'm not quite sure where I am on the guide or flowchart http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flowor what to do next. It game me a website to visit and that was about it. Said I had 4 months to complete it from priority date, but seeing as I don't have the cover letter I'm not sure what that is. On my actual own I-129F form it says It was approved on the 13th of May.

Any ideas or what I should do next??

Any help much appreciated.

It game me a website to visit and that was about it. Said I had 4 months to complete it from priority date, but seeing as I don't have the cover letter I'm not sure what that is. On my actual own I-129F form it says It was approved on the 13th of May.

Any ideas or what I should do next??

Any help much appreciated.

The website in the letter is your K1 instructions for London. Go there now and do what it says---step 1, step 2, etc.

If your I-129F was approved 13 May, then you have until approx 13 Sept (4 months) to complete the instruction steps and interview. If your interview is later than that, London wants you to bring a new letter of intent, signed by your American fiancé, to the interview.

VJ flowchart: you are theoretically on Step 8, but it is totally wrong, out of date, and inappropriate to follow for a London interview. Abandon that resource. Follow the link in your letter from London and get over to the UK forum to ask questions. Wooderz gave you the link.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.