asdf123

Case not received at NVC ... Is this normal ?

9 posts in this topic

I am curious about something, I received my NOA2 2 weeks ago today so I called the NVC and I was told they did not received my case from USCIS. After checking the timelines some people received their case numbers 10-15 days after receiving their NOA2. Is this NVC wait to get a case number normal ???

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am curious about something, I received my NOA2 2 weeks ago today so I called the NVC and I was told they did not received my case from USCIS. After checking the timelines some people received their case numbers 10-15 days after receiving their NOA2. Is this NVC wait to get a case number normal ???

don't know where your seeing that, it can take 30 days to simply send your case from whatever service center to the nvc then another couple weeks to get a case number . Check your case status on uscis it will say sent to the department of state when they actually send it to them . Allow a week from that date for the mail to get there then another week or two to get a case number from when they receive it . It's not really possible to get a case number 10-15 days after unless your service center sent your case out the day it got approved . So that's simple not realistic . 2 weeks is still early don't start to worry quite yet .

Mine took about three weeks to get. TSC filers normally get notified when their case is transferred, but CSC filers don't get that update. Someone told me that they've noticed people getting their info from the NVC on a Thursday or Friday, and it worked for me and it seems for others on my filer thread too.

Yes, it's pretty normal. I think the service center sends the approved petitions in batches, and probably based on the amount of cases they need to send. I don't think they send them weekly; probably bi-weekly or tri-weekly. I know the anxiety can build during this time - I don't know why I couldn't relax; I had been notified of the NOA2, so why couldn't I wait? It was going to the next level, "Calm down!!" I told myself. But I was calling within the second week. But the third week came, and there it was. Waiting doesn't get easier, but it's normal and you are on your way!!!!

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Mine took about three weeks to get. TSC filers normally get notified when their case is transferred, but CSC filers don't get that update. Someone told me that they've noticed people getting their info from the NVC on a Thursday or Friday, and it worked for me and it seems for others on my filer thread too.

Yes, it's pretty normal. I think the service center sends the approved petitions in batches, and probably based on the amount of cases they need to send. I don't think they send them weekly; probably bi-weekly or tri-weekly. I know the anxiety can build during this time - I don't know why I couldn't relax; I had been notified of the NOA2, so why couldn't I wait? It was going to the next level, "Calm down!!" I told myself. But I was calling within the second week. But the third week came, and there it was. Waiting doesn't get easier, but it's normal and you are on your way!!!!

This. They're not going to send petitions one by one...logisticaly and financially dumb. Some take two weeks, some take six weeks. Perfectly normal....to save stress just call on maybe a Tuesday and Thursday. Or call everyday and get stressed.

Thanks for the info and glad to know I am not alone ... I totally agree with you about the stress level, this is worse for me then the USCIS process because at least with USCIS they had a website that worked (well most of the time) and IGOR'S list gave you an idea what was being processed so there was some feedback. I am seriously so over this VISA journey !!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Ours took exactly 30 days to be received

Whats the status on USCIS

does it say ' Sent to DOS'?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It still just says approved and the last update date is the approval date on the USCIS website.

CSC has a habit of not updating the site. You should wait 2 weeks and call NVC.

Edited by Shauneg

CSC has a habit of not updating the site. You should wait 2 weeks and call NVC.

Yep. Mine still says that USCIS has approved my case...

Signature coming soon...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.