spielerin

Medical Exam Experience - Dr.Ian Zatzman

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys,

So I did my medical last Friday at Dr. Zatzman's and I want to share with you my experience.

First of all, fees; per their website (unless I misread things) the U.S. immigration medical is $300 (cash only). Yet they charged me $240 at the doctor's office (cash only, $220 for the actual medical exam and $20 for the courier), I paid $50 (cash only, no change or you may pay by debit card) for X-Ray downstairs and also $7-ish (credit/debit card or cash) at the lab for VDRL test(syphilis).I overheard the receptionist telling another patient that there is ATM downstairs (doctor's office on the second floor). So in total, I paid $240 in cash, $50 X-ray and the $7-ish lab fee by bank card.

Second, things to bring; the website is pretty clear. I brought;

1. My passport - they will make copies of the first page,

2. 4 passport-style photos - I had mine done at Costco, they are the cheapest ones I can find,

3. Vaccination record - well, I don't have much record with me, what I did is,

a. I asked my family doctor for a TD booster shot (I brought the record of it),

b. I did a blood work and got the report back a week prior to the appointment (make sure you have enough time, mine took 2 weeks) - for MMR and chickenpox, my family doctor also ordered HIV and syphilis for me.

4. Appointment letter for Montreal, I printed Packet 4 - all they need is the MTL number but I just gave them everything

5. cash - I brought $300 since I thought that's how much it would cost but they charged less at the doctor's office.

The girl at the front also asked me for my driver's licence but she was filling out info for courier (I assume, but I might be wrong). She asked if I know the U.S. address as well and you don't have provide such info unless you want to...

Last but not least, the actual medical exam...

I read difference things but here's what happened purely based on my experience;

My appointment was at 9am and I showed up at 8:50am, it took about 10-15 mins for the girl to copy my paperwork and fill out information on her computer (she asked me basic questions and also double checked with me the interview date in Montreal etc.), it's a regular doctor's office so there are regular patients there as well...waiting room got packed pretty soon and I was called into the office by Dr. Zatzman around 9:40.

Dr. Zatzman was really nice, he asked me when my interview was and also what kind of visa I am applying, etc. He also asked about current health condition, if I am on any medication (yes, asthma, so puffers etc.) and if I have had any mental issues in the past. And then he checked off a list of things on his computer (vaccination completed), did eye exam and took my weight and height and that's pretty much it.

I was out of his office in 10 mins and then I spent the next 40 mins waiting in line for lab test/X-Ray which are located on the first floor.

The report will be returned to my address within a week by courier according to them, the interview in Montreal is in July so I guess I still have enough time.

I hope this helps and again, everything is based on my own experience. Things might differ depends on doctors. Good luck to you all!

Edited by spielerin

I-751 (ROC) Approved

08.18.2018 I-751 extended for 18 months (through October 2019)

04.24.2019 Combo Interview (with N-400) approved

N-400 Approved

01.01.2019 Qualified for N-400 application

01.02.2019 Filed N-400 Online

01.22.2019 Biometrics Appointment

03.18.2019 Interview Scheduled (USCIS text notification & appointment letter online)

04.24.2019 Combo Interview (with ROC) approved

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for sharing..

I will probably go with Medisys in Montreal, because of their turnaround time for result. But if I had to choose a Toronto doctor, I would go with Dr. Lyndon's office. Because they will give results in 5 business days rather than 5 to 7 business days of Dr. Ian.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I also had my medical exam with Dr. Zatzman last Friday at 10am, must have just missed each other haha.

He was wonderful and the exam was easy, the hardest part was listening to everybody complain in line for blood work lol.

I'm just worried because I leave for Montreal next Wednesday and my interview is the 25th. He told me I will get it in time but I can't help but worry

K1 Visa Timeline 01/30/2015- Engaged02/20/2015- I-129F petition filed03/12/2015- NOA 1 received04/02/2015- NOA 2 received!04/24/2014- Case sent from NVC to Consulate in Montreal04/27/2015- Called NVC to receive Case #05/04/2015- Emailed/mailed Packet 3 to Montreal05/13/2015- Consulate received Packet 305/20/2015- Packet 4 email06/12/2015- Medical06/25/2015- Interview-APPROVED07/08/2015- Visa issued07/14/2015- Visa in hand07/20/2015- POE Sarnia/Port Huron border<p>08/14/2015- wedding!

September 2015- Applied for AOS

September 30th- Biometrics Appointment

November 2015- Advanced Parole/ Employment Authorization Received

Timeline

I also had my medical exam with Dr. Zatzman last Friday at 10am, must have just missed each other haha.

He was wonderful and the exam was easy, the hardest part was listening to everybody complain in line for blood work lol.

I'm just worried because I leave for Montreal next Wednesday and my interview is the 25th. He told me I will get it in time but I can't help but worry

Don't worry about it, I am pretty sure you'll get the report in time! Good luck!

I-751 (ROC) Approved

N-400 Approved

03.18.2019 Interview Scheduled (USCIS text notification & appointment letter online)

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Dr. Zatzman spent half of the time talking about the movie "the proposal" LOL...

I-751 (ROC) Approved

N-400 Approved

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.