FabieetDavid

Affidavit of support and bona fide evidence of relationship

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi everyone. My petition has not been approved yet but i am just trying to get all my ducks in a row for when the time comes. I am currently 5 months pregnant and i am using that as one of the proofs of bona fide relationship. (Already have my doctor's report and a certified letter from him accepting paternity and proof of me being with him at time of conception. My question is: will i now be considered a family of 3 which will change my income requirements for the affidavit of support.

Thhank you in advance

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

If the baby is born somewhere between the nvc and interview then yes . That's what they told me at least cause I'm in the same situation but I don't really know how to explain why it's that way considering the baby won't be a dependent on your taxes and such but who knows why they do things the way they do .

Edited by Morganalmonshid94

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

A baby is not some sort of magic proof. A child is proof that you have met. Show in your evidence the entirety of your relationship. That will secure you the visa.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The baby doesn't count while you are stil pregnant, but does count if it is born by interview day.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

In my opinion, if it were me, I would add the baby as a dependant just to be safe. There is no guarantee how long immigration will take to schedule an interview and if baby is born before the interview, then at that time he/she will count as a dependant.

Pnyim4.png2LiSm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Th pregnancy is just one of the proof for bonafide relationship. I have already submitted other evidence. I was just trying to figure out if i would be considered as a family of 3. With a family of 2 i meet the income requirement. But with 3 I don't. I am just going to use my brother as joint sponsor anyway to make sure i meet the income requirement regardless of the family size the categorize me in.

Thank you everyone for your input

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.