Bilel

AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT REQUIREMENTS

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello everyone, I am an Algerian citizen married to an American citizen, we applied for I130 last February 2015, my wife just started wrking this year, she is earning 28k for 2015, I know we cant use it for the affidavit of support, however she has 14k in her tax return for 2014 and has one dependants and he is her son, my father in law is a Veteran and has a SSA retirement income, That SSA account is entirely funded by his contributions while in the workforce for 42 years as a biomedical engineer. This money he receive is not currently taxable. Means that he dosent pay taxes and he dosent have tax returns only proofs of his SSA income, His total income for last year was $38k USD and 2015 disbursement are $2100, $788 and $788 USD reflectively, for a projected total of $43k USD. Under current tax law, both my mother in law and my brother in law are still his dependents although he is no longer working. Under Arizona community property laws (and consistent with IRS statutes), their income being derived from my retirement is indeed my income, my mother in law has 6k and my brother in law has 6k also, my question is can we use my father in law as a co sponsor?
My wife earned 14k last year which is not enough, can we combine their income together to meet the requirements, and whats the forms that we have to use for affidavit of support?
I appreciate your help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Current and continuing income is what is used. Unless she is self-employed this ought to be sufficient for the affidavit of support. An employment letter from her job and several recent paystubs will suppport her income claim.

The longer she has been employed the better it will be (a few months vs. a few weeks).

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Agree with the previous poster; as long as she can provide a few pay stubs and ideally a letter from her employer stating her income and that it is a stable/long term job, she should be fine.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Begs the question why you can not use her income, you do not say.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Hello guys, she is being working for this new job since January 2015
I mean what she cant use her 2015 income just because they request the last three tax returns and 2015 tax return we will get it nextyear and our AOS is this year..
I wanna know all the form that I can use and especially the one that allow us to combine the income with my father in law. because my wife dident meet the requirements she just made 14 k for 2014 and she was unemplyed in 2012 and 2013
they told me that we can combine the income because my wife lives with her father.

Timeline

Two separate issues. Filing taxes is one, meeting current income requirements another.

May be best if you SO asks the questions.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

You had very clear answers.

• 4 months later...
Timeline

I had interview lasweek and the CO dident accept my father in law SSDI ( he said its classified as tested benifit, i thought only SSI is benifit)
and then I told him my wife is qualified and she could sponsor me, he said she was not working since long enough and it must be a year( she started working in Jan 2015) then he said bring me a new joint sponsor I864 with earned income

Edited by Bilel

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.