Socialwork4god

Visitor Visa or Employment Visa

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

forget the AOS, what about the trips ? I spent more than $100,000 traveling back and forth in this two years :(

some visit less, that is if they have a spouse who has lot of patience :)

Agreed. $340 is nothing compared to the $1200-1500 to be expected for aos.

Edited by marriedguy

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My hubby came here on a k1 in 2012. All the advice you have been given so far may hurt, but it is very accurate. You must meet in person, which means you will have to visit Nigeria. If he does get approved, you will then need a co sponsor because you need to make more than 20k a yr to qualify. Once here, he will apply for the green card after marriage, that's over $1000. In 2 yrs you apply for 10 yr card, that's over $500. Rethink your situation. It's not impossible, you just have to work hard and plan better.

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I've been to 9ja several times. It's plenty of safe places in Nigeria. I had one bad expand that was on the expressway. ..other then that I still went back each time I love it. Stay on VI if you can afford it...

My question is if you've never met him why did you pay the 340...how you know he is who he say he is... good luck but jump on a plane and met him...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The best thing to do is go meet him.... to commit to marry someone you have never met is not exactly best thinking. To bring a stranger into your home, from another country, or anywhere that you have never met is not the best thinking. You may think you know him, but you do not. The person you talk to on the internet is just an image. He can be anyone you want him to be. When I met my fiancee I spoke to him on the internet for over a year. Your mind conjures up all types of images of who he is, what type of person he is, how tall us he, .... mostly your imagination. Yes, he fills in facts... but it really doesn't hit home. When I finally met him in person I had to get to know him all over again. It was a strange adjustment for me. But I traveled to him to meet him. I didnt bring a stranger into my home. I met him, his family... I spent time to get to know him. This man you met, or any other... domestic or international. ... your only asking for trouble bringing a complete stranger into your home. Safety first. That being said.... I also agree with the others... it is a requirement that you meet in person. And for a high fraud country he would not be issued a visitors visa.

Edited by MouadsWife

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

If possible and if it won't violate VJs TOS, I think you should share the bad experiences that you had in Nigeria so that we can all learn.

Thanks.

PS: maybe a new thread?

HI, I've been reading all your posts. I know it sounds crappy whichever way you try to turn, but all the advice you've been given, is all accurate. This man, being jobless in Nigeria, is NEVER going to get a visitor visa. Please don't waste your time or resources waiting for that to happen. It is not fair, and it hurts to want to be with someone that you cant be with, but its reality. I'm even a little surprised that your fiancé is telling you that he can go to the US on a visitor visa because most young men in Nigeria already know how hard that is to do. IF by some miracle he is able to enter the US on a visitor visa, he is not eligible to work in the USA. If you really want to be with this man, you have no option but to go to visit him. I have been to Nigeria a few times and I had horrible experiences there...that's not to say everyone will. But because of my bad experiences, I now come to Ghana and stay with my husband. Ghana is really really cool, and much more stable and safe. (I know Nigerians don't like to hear that, but my husband can tell you, its true). It says you are in New York...there are straight flights from New York to Ghana for around 1200 dollars. Flights with stops are slightly less. Ask your fiancé if he knows anyone in Ghana. There are A LOT of Nigerians here and maybe he knows someone that could accommodate the two of you for a couple weeks so you wouldn't have to pay hotel bills. A bus ride from Nigeria to Ghana on ABC bus is around $100 so it wont cost him too much to get here. And going back is around half of that. Food is cheap here if you don't go to the hotel restaurants and transportation is dirt cheap. It really wont cost too much if you make an effort. I wish you all the best.

There are some $700 flights floating around on United. I just picked up a few.

If your boyfriend thinks he is going to show up here on a visitors visa and get a job that will work for him to adjust status on he has being doing a little too much of Indian hemp. The fact that it is inconvenient for you to meet in Nigeria will not fly. The place is too high fraud to let a visa go to a person you haven't met in person. Even the idea of meeting in Ghana is risky because they will want to see pictures of you with his parents. You are going to have to put on your big girl panties and get on a plane. There are many safe places around both Lagos and Abuja depending on where he lives near. The plane will cost 900-2000 and then you will need some money for expenses.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Im sending you a PM! :)

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/2/14- I-129F form sent
♥ 10/3/14- USCIS received I-129F
♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
4/24/15- NOA2 [6.5 months; 199 days]
♥ 5/11/15- NVC received & case number assigned
5/13/15- NVC left
5/14/15- Consulate received & ready for interview
6/15/15- Interview- APPROVED!!

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

7/14/15- Marriage (Civil)

AOS

7/20/15- AOS/EAD/AP sent together

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

8/31/15- Expedited AP document (all in one day)

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

9/30/15- Received EAD/AP combo card

11/20/15- AOS NOA2 (no interview)

11/25/15- Green card received! Woohoo!!!

"Can my fiance(e) visit on VWP while awaiting K-1 visa?"
Check out our recent experience coming through JFK on VWP here!

*Fellow Ecuamerican couples: All info you need to know--

Concise post NOA-2 steps, advice, & consulate info here!*

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like you are rushing this and need to take a step back.

He will be graduating and presumably is looking for a job, he could certainly focus on jobs that have a potential US tie in.

Not sure when you graduate but this is a long and expensive process so having a solid income also helps.

Obviously to get a job and a visa to the US depends both on his skill set and contacts.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

the OP really do not have any trust on what we all experienced members are telling her.. smh. I have nothing more to say.

AOS Date Filed : 2015-05-27

Got rejection notice on May 29, 2015 for an incomplete application

Receive rejected application on June 6, 2015

Resubmit June 8, 2015

Delivered June 9, 2015

NOA Date : 2015-06-16

Bio. Appt. : 2015-07-06

EAD and AP Approved Date : 2015-08-14

Date Combo Card Received : 2015-08-21 (Received my card about 6hrs apart on the same day they sent an e-mail that they shipped my card).

Receive Potential Interview Waiver Letter: September 9, 2015 sigh!!
AOS Approved without interview 2015-10-08 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :star: 3 MONTHS AND 22 DAYS AFTER NOA1 (F)
(L)In God I Put My Trust :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OP, I could echo a lot of what is being said on here, but I just wanted to let you know that obtaining a work visa, while not impossible, is extremely hard. I had a colleague of mine who completed his master's degree with me and had extensive experience in an in-demand field and still was unable to find sponsorship from an employer for an H1B visa. Despite the fact he had very specialized skills, an H1B was just out of the question.

Bluntly put, one employer (a very large company to say the least) had explained to him the steady drop in H1B sponsorship they partook in over the years. Essentially, if you are not at the PhD level or equivalent and/or are considered to have very specialized skills with an impressive pedigree, an H1B is out of the question, despite the fact all common literature says you could still be sponsored with only an undergraduate degree.

As I said, not impossible, but highly unlikely unless some very specific criteria are satisfied.

ROC - July 2017 CSC Filer (I-751 July 2017 Filers Spreadsheet)

• 7/15/2017: I-751 Sent
  • 7/17/2017: I-751 Received
  • 7/18/2017: NOA1 Date
  • 7/20/2017: Cheque Cashed
  • 7/21/2017: NOA1 Received
  • 7/29/2017: Biometrics Received
  • 8/10/2017: Biometics Appointment Completed
  • 2/26/2018: Case Received at Local Office
  • 11/27/2018: I-751 Case Approved - New Card Being Produced
  • 12/04/2018: Card received via USPS. ROC process now complete!

July 2017 ROC Filers Posting Template:

Service Center: CSC/VSC
First 5 Digits from WAC/EAC Receipt #: E.g. WAC17290
NOA1 Date: E.g. July 15, 2017
Filed N-400?: Yes/No
Case Transferred?: Yes/No

If yes, provide to what service center? On what date?: Yes/No; Transferred to NSC (Nebraska Service Center) on August 18, 2018

Approved?: Yes/No

If yes, what was the date of your approval?: October 1, 2018

If yes, did you have a RFE (Request for Evidence)? On what date?: Yes/No; September 1, 2018

If yes, did you have an interview? On what date?: Yes/No; September 30, 2018

Any other information: E.g. Received my 18-month extension letter on XX; Issues cashing our check originally, etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks everyone. Plus, I never said that I didn't trust or believe what everyone was saying to me. I appreciate everyone's input. Please do not put me down and assume you know what I'm thinking. I have a life outside of this forum and do not sit here to check it every 5 minutes. My lack of response does not mean I disapprove or disagree with your response. Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I read both of your posts, and I see no way for any type of visa ever, unless you meet face to face, AND spend time together. You have no idea who this person is, as much as you think you do.

Nigeria, is a very high fraud country. I know, one person, should not be seen as fraudulent just because of the label the USCIS has placed on his home country.

But, it is just the way it works.

Can you find a country you can meet in, and spend time.

Being a Christian, I would not enter that country, I would fear I would just disappear. And a woman would bbe twice as bad.

Surely, there is some place you can meet. Please think about it. The things you are thinking of, just will "probably" not work.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.