The Nature Boy

Shocking statistics about black slavery liberals will NEVER admit

75 posts in this topic

allen west should keep in mind that 2.3 million children in this country have a parent in jail. 4.9 million children in this country are being raised by their grandparents. cherry picking single mothers or pointing the blame at black men is sort of pointless. there's so much more going on with what he feels are 'shocking' statistics.

for me, the argument comes down to this:

do i believe that black men are genetically predisposed to the johnny appleseed mentality and abandoning their kids/family or do i believe there is a direct correlation between nixon's 'war on drugs', the overincarceration/overpolicing of certain segments of society and the collapse of the black two parent household? i'm with the latter. allen west is pandering to his base, he is barfing up exactly what folks who support him want to hear. what i want to know is how he can be so adament regarding abortion and the killing of black fetuses but have zero perspective (or seeming care) regarding the snuffing out of the american black male..he should be aware of both as threats to the cohesiveness of our society.

It's about money and to some extent class. Do you know any single, upper-middle class parents? I do, and their children are not going to prison. They have opportunities, education and privilege (ooooh, the p word). When you can't get ahead and provide the best or even good opportunities for your children, when you live in a community that has high unemployment and you can't afford to move, and you don't even know that there are chances to get out because you're so poorly educated (remember: you're in a cycle of poverty), is there any surprise that we are creating a permanent underclass?

Compared to married mothers, single mothers make significantly less money. Using data from the 2012 Current Population Survey, Mathur calculated the income disparity between married and single women:

The difference for married or single women without children was $857.

However, for married and single mothers, the difference was $19,900.

It is difficult for single mothers to generate more wealth because they tend to have low levels of education. Their resulting low incomes must cover standard living expenses in addition to their children's health care and education expenses, leaving little additional money for savings.

- See more at: http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Article_ID=24725#sthash.UX9JJI9I.dpuf

I'm waiting for the upcoming revolution. This Second Golden Age is about to fall, and it's not going to be pretty.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

allen west should keep in mind that 2.3 million children in this country have a parent in jail. 4.9 million children in this country are being raised by their grandparents. cherry picking single mothers or pointing the blame at black men is sort of pointless. there's so much more going on with what he feels are 'shocking' statistics.

for me, the argument comes down to this:

do i believe that black men are genetically predisposed to the johnny appleseed mentality and abandoning their kids/family or do i believe there is a direct correlation between nixon's 'war on drugs', the overincarceration/overpolicing of certain segments of society and the collapse of the black two parent household? i'm with the latter. allen west is pandering to his base, he is barfing up exactly what folks who support him want to hear. what i want to know is how he can be so adament regarding abortion and the killing of black fetuses but have zero perspective (or seeming care) regarding the snuffing out of the american black male..he should be aware of both as threats to the cohesiveness of our society.

The reason they are in a single parent household is not relevant to the argument. The solution or at least addressing the problem might be... I raised my son in a single parent household, I am not demonizing anyone in that situation.. The argument is not *why* they are in a single parent household but the effect of being in one.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

too bad we can't all ignore it. seems easier for some.

It's really easy if you're not the focus of it. I'll wager even Mr. West has experienced it, but he can't talk about it. None of them can. It undermines the message.

The important thing is that they vote for Hilary.

Good news Boiler, Trump is now running. You can vote for him if you like.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

It's about money and to some extent class. Do you know any single, upper-middle class parents? I do, and their children are not going to prison. They have opportunities, education and privilege (ooooh, the p word). When you can't get ahead and provide the best or even good opportunities for your children, when you live in a community that has high unemployment and you can't afford to move, and you don't even know that there are chances to get out because you're so poorly educated (remember: you're in a cycle of poverty), is there any surprise that we are creating a permanent underclass?

Do the stats support that assumption?

I'm waiting for the upcoming revolution. This Second Golden Age is about to fall, and it's not going to be pretty.

you know what's up.

and it's coming, i agree. one of my favorite articles from the last few years..too, gawker just posted today about my homie nick hanauer..

At the same time that people like you and me are thriving beyond the dreams of any plutocrats in history, the rest of the country—the 99.99 percent—is lagging far behind. The divide between the haves and have-nots is getting worse really, really fast. In 1980, the top 1 percent controlled about 8 percent of U.S. national income. The bottom 50 percent shared about 18 percent. Today the top 1 percent share about 20 percent; the bottom 50 percent, just 12 percent.

But the problem isn’t that we have inequality. Some inequality is intrinsic to any high-functioning capitalist economy. The problem is that inequality is at historically high levels and getting worse every day. Our country is rapidly becoming less a capitalist society and more a feudal society. Unless our policies change dramatically, the middle class will disappear, and we will be back to late 18th-century France. Before the revolution.

And so I have a message for my fellow filthy rich, for all of us who live in our gated bubble worlds: Wake up, people. It won’t last.

The reason they are in a single parent household is not relevant to the argument. The solution or at least addressing the problem might be... I raised my son in a single parent household, I am not demonizing anyone in that situation.. The argument is not *why* they are in a single parent household but the effect of being in one.

right, the argument is not why they are in single parent households but the answer to reversing the single parent household trend is found in the why, most certainly.

Timeline

That's the problem with the article. He made it about race and assigns blame to liberals. Your point about ensuring daycare would be productive, but the GOP isn't concerned with helping. They want everyone to apply the boot strap theory and just deal with it.

This is why you will never see a large amount of black people in the GOP. They truly believe that racism doesn't exists and everything can be overcome with hard work. The last person who spoke about racism was Colin Powell(anyone seen him lately?)

It's a lazy position to stand on, instead of fixing an inherently biased system, they keep saying just work through it. Ignore it and everything will be just fine. Until you're getting the 50 shades of black beaten off you by the police for jaywalking...

Granted about what was said in the article. I'm not going to defend his assumptions or conclusions.

I don;t think that everyone in the GOP does not believe racism does not exist (there are a non-trivial percent that just want to live in the 1950's granted), they disagree with how the left approaches the issue and think it will create a never ending problem. I agree with some of this thinking. Forcing short term fixes by gaming the system perpetuates stereotypes long term. In the past a lot of these changes were necessary but some of the new ideas are not leading us in a good direction. I understand you disagree.

One example where we game the system: In some Florida schools the academic goals are based on race. I find it embarrassing that the long term goal for whites is 2% lower than Asians, 9% lower for Hispanics, and 16% lower for blacks... That is what Florida schools are shooting for in 2018.. That is not a goal, that is throwing int the towel.

right, the argument is not why they are in single parent households but the answer to reversing the single parent household trend is found in the why, most certainly.

agreed.

Granted about what was said in the article. I'm not going to defend his assumptions or conclusions.

I don;t think that everyone in the GOP does not believe racism does not exist (there are a non-trivial percent that just want to live in the 1950's granted), they disagree with how the left approaches the issue and think it will create a never ending problem. I agree with some of this thinking. Forcing short term fixes by gaming the system perpetuates stereotypes long term. In the past a lot of these changes were necessary but some of the new ideas are not leading us in a good direction. I understand you disagree.

One example where we game the system: In some Florida schools the academic goals are based on race. I find it embarrassing that the long term goal for whites is 2% lower than Asians, 9% lower for Hispanics, and 16% lower for blacks... That is what Florida schools are shooting for in 2018.. That is not a goal, that is throwing int the towel.

agreed.

The things in bold I agree with. I think everyone should be held to the same standard.

What I don't disagree with is the notion that the game ISN'T fixed. The right tries very hard to ignore the issues that plague minorities by saying it's all on you versus the problems within the system. Police brutality and you've never committed a crime? Blame other black folks. Can't get hired because your name is Duquan? Blame your parents for giving you a "black" name.

Whenever something happens and it's a clear cut case of racial discrimination, you won't hear the GOP talk about it. Their responses have always been to ignore it and just keep moving. That's my problem with it. To me it's like saying we need to fix all of the black people in the US first before any real change can come, even though racism was here first. I'd rather even out the playing field, then get rid of AA and other organizations that cater to minorities. Not the other way around..

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Do the stats support that assumption?

Yes, they do. I'm at slammed at work and will provide further info later, but this is a recent study on the link between poverty and teen violence you may find interesting: http://sgo.sagepub.com/content/5/1/2158244015573359.full

Overview here: http://www.psmag.com/business-economics/its-poverty-not-the-teenage-brain-that-causes-the-most-youth-crime

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

The things in bold I agree with. I think everyone should be held to the same standard.

What I don't disagree with is the notion that the game ISN'T fixed. The right tries very hard to ignore the issues that plague minorities by saying it's all on you versus the problems within the system. Police brutality and you've never committed a crime? Blame other black folks. Can't get hired because your name is Duquan? Blame your parents for giving you a "black" name.

Whenever something happens and it's a clear cut case of racial discrimination, you won't hear the GOP talk about it. Their responses have always been to ignore it and just keep moving. That's my problem with it. To me it's like saying we need to fix all of the black people in the US first before any real change can come, even though racism was here first. I'd rather even out the playing field, then get rid of AA and other organizations that cater to minorities. Not the other way around..

yeah, i'm a firm believer that the game is fixed from start to finish. i watched the movie 'snowpiercer' over the weekend and man - so on point. "74% of you shall die" ...have you seen it marv?

yeah, i'm a firm believer that the game is fixed from start to finish. i watched the movie 'snowpiercer' over the weekend and man - so on point. "74% of you shall die" ...have you seen it marv?

No, but I read the story a while ago. Chris Evans right? I think most movies like that are basically what the world would be like if the extreme right or extreme left ran things.

And that's why I can't get down with the GOP. The core message is good, as long as you're not a minority...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

No, but I read the story a while ago. Chris Evans right? I think most movies like that are basically what the world would be like if the extreme right or extreme left ran things.

And that's why I can't get down with the GOP. The core message is good, as long as you're not a minority...

yes, chris evans was in fantastic four right? that's my only point of reference. this movie is a bit different, though..more about what the end of the earth caste looks like, not just america or our bs nonsensical tv cable politics.

i don't see a difference between the parties, i don't want to get down with either.

yes, chris evans was in fantastic four right? that's my only point of reference. this movie is a bit different, though..more about what the end of the earth caste looks like, not just america or our bs nonsensical tv cable politics.

i don't see a difference between the parties, i don't want to get down with either.

Yep, now's he's Captain America. They're rebooting the Fantastic Four I think because of this.

Both parties are corrupt, but minorities run to the Democrats since they let us eat at the table(sometimes). The GOP has dismissed us because there's no real reason to court us for votes. 70% of this country is white,hetero, and Christian. That's who they want to cater to.

The Democrats know as long as the GOP acts up, we will always vote for them. The GOP won't change this since they don't count us in their numbers anyway, so there's no rush to change it. When Obama won both terms, they spent 10 million dollars trying to reach minorities. They could pay me that and I can fix their problem in about 5 minutes...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg