The Nature Boy

Shocking statistics about black slavery liberals will NEVER admit

75 posts in this topic

But one would think that with increase opportunities and freedoms things like incarceration rates,crime rates, poverty rates would go down

That might have been true, if the system wasn't in place for over 400 years.

The problem with this line of thinking is, you really believe that after the chains came off, people just opened their arms and said, my bad, come and reap all of these benefits? There were laws written specifically written to keep black people poor and in the worst conditions. And when those freedoms came, the damage had been long done. You spend a few centuries destroying a people and guess what? The negative attitudes and repercussions are bound to happen.

It's a catch 22, if you rise above the negative stereotype that some White Americans set for you, you become the exception, one of the "good" ones. If you follow it and become a bum, it's expected.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

it's hard for me to take this argument posed seriously. abortion and single mothers are the reason for black crime/incarceration/absent fathers..am i missing something?

I have only seen higher abortions rates linked to lower crime rates so I'm skipping that one :)

The argument is this: In all families (black/white/asian/etc) households with two parents have lower rates of violent criminals in their children (I am assuming that to be fact, I did not look it up) so if one group has a much higher rate of single parents then that group will have a higher rate of violent criminals.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

I have only seen higher abortions rates linked to lower crime rates so I'm skipping that one :)

The argument is this: In all families (black/white/asian/etc) households with two parents have lower rates of violent criminals in their children (I am assuming that to be fact, I did not look it up) so if one group has a much higher rate of single parents then that group will have a higher rate of violent criminals.

Exactly

Exactly

So, what you're saying is, single mothers are to blame for the spike in criminal activity?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

no, that is not the argument i read in that article. this is an example of what sticks out to me, the bs:

It was fifty years ago when President Lyndon Johnson came up with the brilliant idea of the government giving a check to a woman having a child out of wedlock. But worse, the checks would continue to come as long as no man was to be found in the home.

first off, who the hell gets a check for "having a child out of wedlock"? NO ONE.

want to keep getting the checks? NO MAN CAN BE FOUND IN THE HOME.

lol. not at all the requirements of welfare. argument completely invalid.

So, what you're saying is, single mothers are to blame for the spike in criminal activity?

Of course they are. Because the sperm that hatched the egg is never spoken of. Could it actually be that men are the reason for the spike in crimes?

Too many little boys running the U.S. not enough men. Will the real men please stand up?

Timeline

Of course not.. That was the argument the article put put forth, I did not say I agreed with it. The article makes a correlation then argues that it is causation, it may just be a symptom of a larger problem. Why not explore the issue and find out?

If we do examine this closely and decide "Gee, looks like single parent households have a more negative impact then we thought" then we can address it: maybe move funds to ensure daycare (they just released a study showing steady daycare for kids do just a well as kids that have moms home all day). Not everything is about assigning blame and making a point.

Timeline

no, that is not the argument i read in that article. this is an example of what sticks out to me, the bs:

first off, who the hell gets a check for "having a child out of wedlock"? NO ONE.

want to keep getting the checks? NO MAN CAN BE FOUND IN THE HOME.

lol. not at all the requirements of welfare. argument completely invalid.

Yeah, he poisons his argument with political BS but C'mon - this is not exactly a new story, we have all read similar stories in the past...

If this is a problem I think it is true that liberals in general do not want to know or talk about it. Not because of race, despite the article this would effect every child with a single parent, the only reason race is important to the story is that different percentages allow us to make a correlation.

Yeah, he poisons his argument with political BS but C'mon - this is not exactly a new story, we have all read similar stories in the past...

If this is a problem I think it is true that liberals in general do not want to know or talk about it. Not because of race, despite the article this would effect every child with a single parent, the only reason race is important to the story is that different percentages allow us to make a correlation.

allen west should keep in mind that 2.3 million children in this country have a parent in jail. 4.9 million children in this country are being raised by their grandparents. cherry picking single mothers or pointing the blame at black men is sort of pointless. there's so much more going on with what he feels are 'shocking' statistics.

for me, the argument comes down to this:

do i believe that black men are genetically predisposed to the johnny appleseed mentality and abandoning their kids/family or do i believe there is a direct correlation between nixon's 'war on drugs', the overincarceration/overpolicing of certain segments of society and the collapse of the black two parent household? i'm with the latter. allen west is pandering to his base, he is barfing up exactly what folks who support him want to hear. what i want to know is how he can be so adament regarding abortion and the killing of black fetuses but have zero perspective (or seeming care) regarding the snuffing out of the american black male..he should be aware of both as threats to the cohesiveness of our society.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Of course they are. Because the sperm that hatched the egg is never spoken of. Could it actually be that men are the reason for the spike in crimes?

Too many little boys running the U.S. not enough men. Will the real men please stand up?

I like what Steve Harvey has been doing the last 10 years with his mentor camps . Check it out sometime, when yer able.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Of course not.. That was the argument the article put put forth, I did not say I agreed with it. The article makes a correlation then argues that it is causation, it may just be a symptom of a larger problem. Why not explore the issue and find out?

If we do examine this closely and decide "Gee, looks like single parent households have a more negative impact then we thought" then we can address it: maybe move funds to ensure daycare (they just released a study showing steady daycare for kids do just a well as kids that have moms home all day). Not everything is about assigning blame and making a point.

That's the problem with the article. He made it about race and assigns blame to liberals. Your point about ensuring daycare would be productive, but the GOP isn't concerned with helping. They want everyone to apply the boot strap theory and just deal with it.

allen west should keep in mind that 2.3 million children in this country have a parent in jail. 4.9 million children in this country are being raised by their grandparents. cherry picking single mothers or pointing the blame at black men is sort of pointless. there's so much more going on with what he feels are 'shocking' statistics.

for me, the argument comes down to this:

do i believe that black men are genetically predisposed to the johnny appleseed mentality and abandoning their kids/family or do i believe there is a direct correlation between nixon's 'war on drugs', the overincarceration/overpolicing of certain segments of society and the collapse of the black two parent household? i'm with the latter. allen west is pandering to his base, he is barfing up exactly what folks who support him want to hear. what i want to know is how he can be so adament regarding abortion and the killing of black fetuses but have zero perspective (or seeming care) regarding the snuffing out of the american black male..he should be aware of both as threats to the cohesiveness of our society.

This is why you will never see a large amount of black people in the GOP. They truly believe that racism doesn't exists and everything can be overcome with hard work. The last person who spoke about racism was Colin Powell(anyone seen him lately?)

It's a lazy position to stand on, instead of fixing an inherently biased system, they keep saying just work through it. Ignore it and everything will be just fine. Until you're getting the 50 shades of black beaten off you by the police for jaywalking...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

That's the problem with the article. He made it about race and assigns blame to liberals. Your point about ensuring daycare would be productive, but the GOP isn't concerned with helping. They want everyone to apply the boot strap theory and just deal with it.

This is why you will never see a large amount of black people in the GOP. They truly believe that racism doesn't exists and everything can be overcome with hard work. The last person who spoke about racism was Colin Powell(anyone seen him lately?)

It's a lazy position to stand on, instead of fixing an inherently biased system, they keep saying just work through it. Ignore it and everything will be just fine. Until you're getting the 50 shades of black beaten off you by the police for jaywalking...

too bad we can't all ignore it. seems easier for some.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The important thing is that they vote for Hilary.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”