The Nature Boy

Shocking statistics about black slavery liberals will NEVER admit

75 posts in this topic

I just read the article. Just a few questions...

1. What have conservatives done for the folks who are less off? The bootstrap theory can only get you so far. It's funny how the GOP has consistently fought to end civil rights, abolish MLK's birthday(even though he was a Republican) and basically bring back segregation to keep minorities out of certain places, but swear up and down they are trying to help up...

2. Why do people love to theorize black people were thriving back in the 50's? I have quite a few family members who lived through that time frame and they don't speak of it very fondly. Segregation, extremely low wages, not being able to vote, lynchings, the KKK running rampart, and still looked upon as less than human. Great argument to have. Black people were smarter and more family close back then when they didn't have basic rights, maybe we should go back to that. Yeah...

What Allen West doesn't get, or most other black republicans for that matter(Colin Powell is one of the exceptions, and you see he's been kicked to the curb because he actually spoke about racism) is that black people KNOW racism exists. We deal with it in our daily existence. The GOP keeps trying to get us to adapt to it, rather than get rid of it. That's why the bootstrap theory is revered from within the party. Don't change the system that is prejudiced against you and others who don't fit the mold, just work much harder to overcome it. If you make it, then racism doesn't exist, if you don't, it's all on you.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I just read the article. Just a few questions...

1. What have conservatives done for the folks who are less off? The bootstrap theory can only get you so far. It's funny how the GOP has consistently fought to end civil rights, abolish MLK's birthday(even though he was a Republican) and basically bring back segregation to keep minorities out of certain places, but swear up and down they are trying to help up...

2. Why do people love to theorize black people were thriving back in the 50's? I have quite a few family members who lived through that time frame and they don't speak of it very fondly. Segregation, extremely low wages, not being able to vote, lynchings, the KKK running rampart, and still looked upon as less than human. Great argument to have. Black people were smarter and more family close back then when they didn't have basic rights, maybe we should go back to that. Yeah...

What Allen West doesn't get, or most other black republicans for that matter(Colin Powell is one of the exceptions, and you see he's been kicked to the curb because he actually spoke about racism) is that black people KNOW racism exists. We deal with it in our daily existence. The GOP keeps trying to get us to adapt to it, rather than get rid of it. That's why the bootstrap theory is revered from within the party. Don't change the system that is prejudiced against you and others who don't fit the mold, just work much harder to overcome it. If you make it, then racism doesn't exist, if you don't, it's all on you.

i don't think nb is taking questions. he didn't answer mine. but maybe he's just ignoring me, which stings, but i'll attempt to live with the pain.

:(

i don't think nb is taking questions. he didn't answer mine. but maybe he's just ignoring me, which stings, but i'll attempt to live with the pain.

:(

Aww, you know I'm here for you(just during work hours of 0630-1500 M-F) :goofy:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

you're one of a kind woke.

nb, step up! :ranting:

We we're talking about you this weekend. About how you have a special place in both of our hearts (F)

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

aw. for reals? :wub:

Yep, you can get in our oppressed members club anytime...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

before i just jump into this juicy article head first and get all discombobulated can someone (hopefully nb) explain to me what BLACK ILLEGITIMACY is, exactly? does it have anything to do with NEWSPEAK?

No need to understand. You can generally judge the validity of an argument by how those with apposing viewpoint don't address it directly but instead go after any related easy targets.

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

you're one of a kind woke.

nb, step up! :ranting:

I did not gain the reputation as the most congenial middle of the road poster on VJ, by responding to baiting post asking me to define illigitmacy.

Not to mention I am on a handset and make short replies

I would never purposely ignore my favorite female non Trans racial poster

Yep, you can get in our oppressed members club anytime...

i dunno, does the oppressed members club propagate black illegitimacy and/or allen west? i can't get on board with that. i only support white illegitmacy and (by default) rick perry.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

So about the actual article:

A high illegitimacy rate can be argued to be a cause or it might be a another symptom of a group that through their treatment by society over the last generation has created the self destructive inner-culture that now exists. When we make it a racist act to even notice the problem is where I give up.

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

I did not gain the reputation as the most congenial middle of the road poster on VJ, by responding to baiting post asking me to define illigitmacy.

Not to mention I am on a handset and make short replies

I would never purposely ignore my favorite female non Trans racial poster

hmmm. i was just wondering if illegitimacy was something we prescribed on birth certificates, maybe something we should start putting on the census. seems really important, as does abortion, when considering 'black slavery liberals' :content:

and you ain't got to lie to me baby, i'll have to start calling you rachel.

A high illegitimacy rate can be argued to be a cause or it might be a another symptom of a group that through their treatment by society over the last generation has created the self destructive inner-culture that now exists. When we make it a racist act to even notice the problem is where I give up.

i gave up a long time ago.

No need to understand. You can generally judge the validity of an argument by how those with apposing viewpoint don't address it directly but instead go after any related easy targets.

it's hard for me to take this argument posed seriously. abortion and single mothers are the reason for black crime/incarceration/absent fathers..am i missing something?

i dunno, does the oppressed members club propagate black illegitimacy and/or allen west? i can't get on board with that. i only support white illegitmacy and (by default) rick perry.

For you, we'll make an exception. Your musical taste gets you a Marvin pass.

That would be true, IF society didn't create it first. Back then and for many centuries before it. But it's not racist to talk about it. The folks wanting to have this conversation only want to have it as long as it's firmly planted within said community. Not like centuries of slavery, discrimination, dehumanizing laws and being told they couldn't read or learn, had anything to do with the self destructive behavior that exists today.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

For you, we'll make an exception. Your musical taste gets you a Marvin pass.

That would be true, IF society didn't create it first. Back then and for many centuries before it. But it's not racist to talk about it. The folks wanting to have this conversation only want to have it as long as it's firmly planted within said community. Not like centuries of slavery, discrimination, dehumanizing laws and being told they couldn't read or learn, had anything to do with the self destructive behavior that exists today.

But one would think that with increase opportunities and freedoms things like incarceration rates,crime rates, poverty rates would go down