nate and riyn

received checklist: s261 after receiving IV invoice PLEASE HELP!

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello AW smile emoticon i have a question. i just don't understand why we received a checklist "JUST RIGHT NOW" saying that: (PLS TAKE NOTE OF THE DATE AND TODAY'S DATE IS 6/14/2015)

June 10, 2015
NVC Case Number:MNLxxxxxxxxxx
Dear xxxxxx :
We reviewed the documents you submitted to us. This letter has a list of documents that are missing orthat need additional information. Please review the instructions and send us the required information.
Ifyou do not provide this information, it will delay your immigrant visa interview.If you have any questions about this letter, please send us an email at asknvc@state.gov or call us at(603) 334-0700 between 7:00am and 12 midnight U.S. Eastern Time.
When you send us your response, include a copy of this letter. Also, clearly write your case numberMNLxxxxxxxxxx on the upper right-hand corner of every document you send.
After you email or mail the requested information, allow us 45 days to review your response. When wecomplete our review, we will send you information about the next processing step.
If a period of one year passes without contacting the NVC (by email, telephone, or mail), allsubmitted fees and documents will expire. If this happens, you will need to resubmit the fees anddocuments to continue the immigration process.
Case Number: xxxxxx
Beneficiary's Name: xxxxxxxxx
Preference Category:IR2 - CHILD OF U.S. CITIZEN
Priority Date:15OCT2014
National Visa CenterCase Number Barcode Cover Sheet______________________________________________
Youmust use this cover sheet when you physically submit formsand/or supporting documents to the NVC.
Place a legible copy of this form on the top of each submission andmail to the address given below.
Note: Failure to use this cover sheet will delay your visa.
Use this cover sheetonly for the case number indicatedbelow.
Information for any other case(s) being mailed in thesame packagemust include the cover sheet forthat case.
National Visa CenterATTN: DR31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 100Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914
Do Not use this cover sheet if you are submitting forms and/orsupporting documents by e-mail (Electronic Processing).Instead, type your NVC case number in the subject line of thee-mail message. Follow the directions onhttp://nvc.state.gov/tocorrectly scan and submit forms and documents.
MNLXXXXXXXXXX
INSTRUCTIONS FOR: XXXXXXXXXXXXX^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^______1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1:_______________________
You need to complete Form DS-261, Online Choice of Address and Agent.
Go to our websiteceac.state.gov to complete the DS-261.
You will need the following information to log in to CEAC:
NVC Case Number:MNLXXXXX
Invoice ID Number:XXXXXX
[CF506/10/2015] XXXXXXXX
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
And this is my question: we received the IV FEE Invoice last june 11,2015. is that mean that i just have to ignore this? since i believe that if i have a problem with my ds 261, they won't send us the invoice? last april 23, i as a wife of the petitioner and the mother of the beneficiary was the choice of agent, when we learned that choosing my husband as a petitioner is more faster (coz they will review it right away, unlike choosing me, it'll take 42days before they will review) so last may 26 we changed the choice of agent. this is the only checklist they sent us. hope to hear any advice soon. TIA
585nbjc5r.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

adding the ds-261 to the casefile IS THE EVENT that triggers the IV Fee Invoice to be generated and visible to pay online.

i say it's a 'date' problem, for now,

as even though the letter was generated on the 10th of june,

it was probably written on the 7th, held for review,

and in the meantime,

the ds-261 was added to the casefile,

and the IV Fee Invoice 'sub-system' triggered and an IV Fee Invoice generated on 11 June.

For clarity, call into NVC, get a supervisor, and ask: "On what date was the DS-261 added to the casefile?"

Report Back, when able...

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.