usa_and_russia

Some questions about visajourney timelines

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I noticed that when I click on 'Immigration Timelines' that it tells me that Texas is processing timelines for November 8 2014 based on user's statistics from this site, but I see a lot of people's timelines that are in December or January who already have interviews scheduled. I'm aware that some places get to jump ahead in line because of relationships with the USA (for example Phillipines), or because of a crisis in their country and people can request an expedited processing for example if they are about to go on a military deployment, but all in all, I see enough that I'm not sure if I think Texas is only processing November 8. Anyone know more about how the statistics are gathered and calculated? Is the website just estimating very conservatively?

I also noticed that on my timeline, it says I might be 'adjudicated' on August XX. Does that mean when they decide if she can come to USA with me and send me an NOA2, or does that mean when we're all done and she has the visa in her passport?

Sorry if this is answered in a FAQ someplace, I tried searching a lot but I don't have wifi near me very often and I'm browsing on my phone which is, at best 'OK'. (Not a slam on the site. I'm thankful for all visajourney offers, i just have trouble finding a lot of things on my phone).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

The timelines are not very accurate as many people don't update their timeline at all or not properly. Some members come here, fill out a timeline just for the timeline estimate and then they leave and never come back (unless the timeline suggestion was waaaay of and they come back wondering what's going on...) Sometimes it's just off because USCIS is just the way they are.

The adjudicated thing is when it expects you to have your NOA2.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

The timeline here on VJ changes all the time. If you are at Texas assume you will wait around 6-8 months from noa1 date.

The processing time that uscis have on their site isn't really where they are at either.

all you can do is sit back and relax.

We waited for 6,5 months for our noa2. Took us about 9months from start to finish.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

They are only based on what people enter into their timelines. This is only a small sampling of the number of petitions the USCIS actually receives, and the margin for error is high because people either do not enter their updated data, or enter it incorrectly. Use the VJ timelines as a guesstimate guideline only.

~ Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Reports -topic is case status ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.