Socialwork4god

Waiting on my I-129F

69 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey everyone! I'm new to the site. I'm on here to talk with other people who are going through or have been through this whole visa process. I'm currently waiting on my K1 fiancé visa petition. Hoping I don't have to wait to much longer so I can finally be with my love and get married!

Filed: Timeline

Welcome to the site :)

Your fiance is from Nigeria ? it's a big fraud country so I heard processing takes a little longer. Because so many cases of Nigerians men scamming girls in the US in the name of Love.

You can find everything here on this site related to K1 :)

Edited by marriedguy

Timeline

Lovely. I appreciate your response. He's not a scammer though. I get what you're talking about though. My family has been leery of the same thing. We have been together for two years now though so...yea. haha. Thanks for responding to my new member post though! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey everyone! I'm new to the site. I'm on here to talk with other people who are going through or have been through this whole visa process. I'm currently waiting on my K1 fiancé visa petition. Hoping I don't have to wait to much longer so I can finally be with my love and get married!

Welcome aboard! This process can go very quickly for some or drag on for months. Just keep busy and start preparing all your evidence of bonafide relationship and financial documents. Wishing you much success!

If you think he is not a scammer that's good, I was not saying he is scammer, i said it's a high fraud country.

Visit him once again it will help with the K1, they look at how many times you visited.

Lovely. I appreciate your response. He's not a scammer though. I get what you're talking about though. My family has been leery of the same thing. We have been together for two years now though so...yea. haha. Thanks for responding to my new member post though! :)

Timeline

Thanks team MicVic.

and Marriedguy....We actually have never met in person yet. We are both graduate students and unable to afford the airfare several times. Plus, on top of that Nigeria has been very unsafe for American's...especially Christians.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks team MicVic.

and Marriedguy....We actually have never met in person yet. We are both graduate students and unable to afford the airfare several times. Plus, on top of that Nigeria has been very unsafe for American's...especially Christians.

You're welcome.. How do you guys plan to get around the requirement of having met in person in the last 2 years. Financial hardship?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks team MicVic.

I too wonder how you'll get past the meeting requirement. Best of luck to you both in the process!

Timeline

Yes, we already filed back in February. There is a way around it. You have to prove financial hardship and proper reasoning for being unable to meet beforehand. We sent in all the proper paperwork and documents required.

I thought you already met, so this is internet love ?. You sure you want to get married to him ?, when you have not even met him in person, if you cannot go to Nigeria, you both can fly to some other country and meet. If you both love each other that much you can work two jobs and make the $2000 it costs to meet. Unless you are disabled and cannot work.

I can tell you this will be 100% denied, more over a high fraud country.

You can try all you want. Sorry to burst the bubble.

Yes, we already filed back in February. There is a way around it. You have to prove financial hardship and proper reasoning for being unable to meet beforehand. We sent in all the proper paperwork and documents required.

Completely agree wth everyone else.

Being graduate students (like the thousands of others out there) and unable to afford airfare, is not a reason for a waiver to meeting in person.

There is no "way around it"

You think we all like spending thousands on plane tickets and can afford it? No.

The only waivers I ever see approved are for extreme medical hardship.

Financial waivers never seem to work because it's common knowledge that you will be broke and he won't work and that's why you have to use sponsors because you are students.

If it is such hardship to meet because you are a graduate with no money how are you going to afford to sponsor him?

You're gonna be denied. Meet up and accept the rules.

Edited by Cody and Daisy

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi and welcome to the forum!

As it's already been said, you will get denied. How do you know you want to marry someone you have never actually met? People are one way over the internet and can be completely different ones you actually meet. Besides meeting at least once within the last 2 years is a requirement, since your fiance is from Nigeria they will need more than one visit.

If you can't afford to go visit him, how will you be able to afford to support him when he comes to the states? He won't have a job until he can at least get the work authorization which means you'll be paying everything for two people.

You might want wait until you graduate, have a job and can actually go visit him. Now does not seem to be a good time financially for you.

Sorry to burst your bubble. You might think "wow these are some really mean people". We just don't want to give you false hope, we want to be clear and honest with you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Financial hardship is not one of the reasons to waive the requirement to meet in the past two years. USCIS is very strict on this requirement to protect the USC and prevent fraud. Unless you can prove that you can't travel to his country, he can't travel to the US (by having been denied tourist visas), and you both can't meet in a third country you will most likely receive an RFE for proof of meeting and then be denied when you can't provide the proof. I understand a lack of money is a hardship for you but in the eyes of USCIS it is not. You could borrow the money, get a job, take out a loan, etc.

You really need to go visit him. Approval in Nigeria is extremely difficult even for married people so approval without having met is going to be impossible. If you think there is a chance your current petition will be approved then by all means let it continue its course, but go meet him while the petition is pending. Then when it is denied for lack of meeting you can immediately file a new one with the proof from your trip.