elizabethscar

question about k1 after dominican rep consulate receives it.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

my k1 case is currently at the nvc. i would like to know for those who have experienced it recently. due to my job i have a limited of days to be in dominican rep when my husband interview comes up. does someone know how long is the process for you to schedule to have the passport/visa picked up? how many days it takes? please anyhelp?

after the embassy receives the packet you have to create a DS-160 and follow the steps to complete paying for the visa. then schedule the interview on us travel docs. after the interview it took 14 days to receive the visa (if the visa is approved)

I recommend you go to the interview. we were in the embassy about five hours. good luck, and you are almost finished with the separation.

Filed: Timeline

yes i am defenately going to be there for the interview. so your saying that i dont have to wait for the consulate of dominican rep to receive my package to schedule the interview? once nvc receives my file i can fill the ds-160 form, follow steps to pay for the visa and schedule the interview before the package even reaches DR? and by paying the visa fees you mean the fees my fiance has to pay over there in dominican rep? sorry for the questions. just needed a little broken down lol

• 4 weeks later...

You can complete the DS160 online as long as you have received your case number SDO:# then you have titi create a profile on ustraveldocs.Then he goes to banco popular with the reference number and pay 265.00 dollars. Once he pays wait a day and go back on ustraveldocs and schedule your appt. online. Then he goes to get his medical which cost my fiancé another 265 Dollars. He needs about 8 passport photos as well. My interview is on the 30th can't wait.

You can complete the DS160 online as long as you have received your case number SDO:# then you have to create a profile on ustraveldocs.Then he goes to banco popular with the reference number and pay 265.00 dollars. Once he pays wait a day and go back on ustraveldocs and schedule your appt. online. Then he goes to get his medical which cost my fiancé another 265 Dollars. He needs about 8 passport photos as well. My interview is on the 30th can't wait.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.