NCPW

Fiance Has Another Fiancee and Another Visa

123 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Wow what an ###, I know you are hurting right now but in time you will look on this as a lucky escape.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if he told you that the other woman knew so that you won't try to contact her and let her know. She could well be in the dark as much as you were.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Please excuse my poor writing; I’m not thinking all that clearly right now.

My Fiance was due to arrive in the U.S. tomorrow. Today when I tried to call him his phone went straight to VM all day. I contacted his sister and she informed me that he had left the country yesterday and was in Switzerland.

Apparently he has been involved with another woman for most of our relationship. He was having both of us file visa paperwork for him concurrently. He called me this evening and sent photos of the two of them, her engagement ring, his Swiss visa, etc. Based on what he told me he became involved with her approx two weeks after we were engaged. That means he was with her even before I filed our I-129f.

I also found out she was in JA visiting him two weeks after I was there to see him. He swears she knows all about me and is completely OK with everything. That she knows I was there visiting right before she arrived and that I had also petitioned for him.

I’m reeling and trying to shift gears from thinking he would be here in fewer than 24 hours. I know this is not a unique story but it’s not making any of this hurt less. My heart is broken and I’m at a complete loss.

I guess I’ve become just another Jamaican statistic.

If you'd like to get his visa cancelled,

you'll need to contact the JA IV Unit somehow, with:

1. a written letter requesting the visa to be cancelled based on his recent Swiss 'fiancee' visa, signed by you, complete with biodata on the 2 of you, JA consular casefile #, Alien Registration number, etc.

2. a written letter requesting that he be held by CBP and not allowed entry into the country, as you are requesting his fiancé visa, the K-1, to be cancelled.

It's Friday, you need to move fast if you want him to be denied entry into the USA,

as

the IV Unit in JA has to :

1. read your stuff then

2. act on your stuff then

3. get word into CBP to dis-allow his entry into the USA.

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I don't have a advice. I think the moderator already commented what you can do.

I know right now it's hard for you, and maybe you don't think you are gonna survive this heartache. But you will.

Thank God you didn't marry him. I actually feel bad for the other lady. No one who respect herself would accept a situation like that.

You are strong. You will get over this. You know why? Because you are going to make it happen.

I hope you realize soon how lucky you are. As someone before said " You have saved yourself a lifetime of problems and stress and should be thanking God."

I hope I can give you a hug right now. I will pray for you and thanks for sharing your story. Make sure you follow the suggested here so his visa can be canceled.

Edited by Eric & Idalia

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~One post removed for racial slur~

~Please be mindful of the VJ Terms of Service (TOS)~

Post Content intended to degrade, intimidate, or incite violence or prejudicial action against a broad demographic or group of people identified by a unifying trait or characteristic (discrimination). For instance, racist or sexist content may be considered hate speech.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/terms

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Oh my goodness. Do what Darnell says, asap...you don't want him waking up and deciding he might like it better in the USA after all, and have him show up. You want them to be able to stop him at point of entry if he tries (i.e., get him on a list).

So very sorry this happened to you, but gosh, it could've been so very much worse if he'd actually shown up and you'd married. He'd be that much harder to scrape off. You don't want this guy. Best of luck!

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

If he is here on a fiance visa, it will expire in 90 days anyway, so dont marry him, thats all

He's in Switzerland. But if the visa is in his passport, he has 6 months to use it. Yes, it will expire after 90 days but he won't go ::poof:: into the air and disappear, and they won't come hunting him down. And something tells me that someone like that won't really mind being here illegally. Unless that visa is cancelled, he could still get through the border. That won't effect the OP at all because she doesn't have to marry him but still....she should take steps to cancel the visa ASAP.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

Wait, why wouldn't both of these in process visas show up on each other's background checks?

And if he tried entering the US wouldn't both show up when he tried entering the country?

I'm so sorry OP. You really are the luckier woman here. I'll bet my house that other girl has no idea about you. :(

2015-03-07: Got engaged (L)

2015-03-30: Sent I-129F to Dallas lockbox

2015-04-14: NOA1 Packet received, sent to CSC

2015-05-07: NOA2 Approved!

2015-06-15: Received Packet 3 by mail

2015-06-17: Sent Packet 3 to Consulate

2015-07-14: Received Packet 4

2015-08-10: Medical in Toronto

2015-08-16: Received medical envelope

2015-08-24: Montreal interview- APPROVED!

2015-08-27: Visa arrives at Loomis location

2015-08-28: Visa in hand!

2015-09-17: Entered USA

2015-10-23: Married!

2016-01-11: Sent AOS Package I-485, I-765, I-131

2016-01-21: NOA1 Package received

2016-02-19: Biometrics

2016-04-01: AOS interview- APPROVED!

2016-04-07: 2 yr cond green card in hand

2018-03-12: sent ROC

2018-03-19: NOA date, 2018-03-24 letter rec'd

2018-05-18: Biometrics appt waived

2019-06-04 New biometrics letter received

2019-06-10 Biometrics

2019-06-18 ROC Approved
2019-06-25 10 year Green Card in hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Wait, why wouldn't both of these in process visas show up on each other's background checks?

And if he tried entering the US wouldn't both show up when he tried entering the country?

I'm so sorry OP. You really are the luckier woman here. I'll bet my house that other girl has no idea about you. :(

The other visa was for other country. Switzerland I think.

I know it hurts so badly; even though he turned out to be the scum of the earth. I find it wild that she is "fine with it" in that she is fine with him being a scammer and con artist. Either he is lying to you about that or she is a huckster too. My bet is that he is just lying to you yet again. Take your time in healing from this.

And remember: YOU DID NOTHING WRONG! Don't let others tell you "Well, that's what you get for trying to marry a foreigner!" He lied to you so smoothly. He would have lied to you the same way if he were American too. Talk to it at length with a non-judgmental friend (us women need that) and try to figure out for yourself if there were any red flags that you may be able to pick up on. Him leaving you has nothing to do with your self-worth - he is only alive to suck others dry - to take anything and everything he can. Destroy everything you can, but see if you need to revoke that visa in anyway. Heck, he still may be thinking about coming to US on that visa!

Don't worry, he will do the same exact thing to her - only she will have a few children and probably a venereal disease from him at the time he walks away from her, breaks her heart and destroys her dreams of a happy future. You got away, girl! You got away! (oh, and give yourself time to cry too)

Signature coming soon...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Possible Switzerland is a fabrication to cover his entry into the US.

Who knows?

^^^ this was my thought too....something sounds fishy and throwing the Switzerland curve ball might give him the time he needs to get into the US using the visa he has in hand. You need to get things rolling here fast to have the visa cancelled, it may already be too late, who knows he sounds like a real piece of work ugh.

The other visa was for other country. Switzerland I think.

Huh, I knew that but somehow I thought there wouldn't be a total disconnect. :/

2015-03-07: Got engaged (L)

2015-03-30: Sent I-129F to Dallas lockbox

2015-04-14: NOA1 Packet received, sent to CSC

2015-05-07: NOA2 Approved!

2015-06-15: Received Packet 3 by mail

2015-06-17: Sent Packet 3 to Consulate

2015-07-14: Received Packet 4

2015-08-10: Medical in Toronto

2015-08-16: Received medical envelope

2015-08-24: Montreal interview- APPROVED!

2015-08-27: Visa arrives at Loomis location

2015-08-28: Visa in hand!

2015-09-17: Entered USA

2015-10-23: Married!

2016-01-11: Sent AOS Package I-485, I-765, I-131

2016-01-21: NOA1 Package received

2016-02-19: Biometrics

2016-04-01: AOS interview- APPROVED!

2016-04-07: 2 yr cond green card in hand

2018-03-12: sent ROC

2018-03-19: NOA date, 2018-03-24 letter rec'd

2018-05-18: Biometrics appt waived

2019-06-04 New biometrics letter received

2019-06-10 Biometrics

2019-06-18 ROC Approved
2019-06-25 10 year Green Card in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes, "she is the better woman" because she is OK with every little thing. Apparently she doesn't mind that he was with me at the same time, doesn't question his lies, sent him money on demand, etc.

I'm am so sorry to hear about this. I can only imagine how much you are hurting now.

Guess what!! She's not a better woman than you, I bet if the k-1 came through before the Swiss visa he would be there with you. He was using both of you and at the end when everything document filed was successful, I think he closed the woman I liked most.

As the other fellow member advice, please report to the embassy and all other necessary immigration services incase this skank ditches the woman in Swiss and want to come to the U.S. BE STRONG NOW... others go through worst, it's better to find out earlier rather than later when you have invested more in him/marriage you both would eventually have.

AOS Date Filed : 2015-05-27

Got rejection notice on May 29, 2015 for an incomplete application

Receive rejected application on June 6, 2015

Resubmit June 8, 2015

Delivered June 9, 2015

NOA Date : 2015-06-16

Bio. Appt. : 2015-07-06

EAD and AP Approved Date : 2015-08-14

Date Combo Card Received : 2015-08-21 (Received my card about 6hrs apart on the same day they sent an e-mail that they shipped my card).

Receive Potential Interview Waiver Letter: September 9, 2015 sigh!!
AOS Approved without interview 2015-10-08 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :star: 3 MONTHS AND 22 DAYS AFTER NOA1 (F)
(L)In God I Put My Trust :star:

You got lucky! I would make sure to let immigration know about what happened, and the Embassies of US in Jamaica, as well as the Swiss Embassy in Jamaica. I would also make sure the other women does know about you and the double visa, I have a feeling she might be still in the dark, no matter what his relatives say.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.