Karali

Evidence of Financial Support question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi I'm new to the forum and have a query about the evidence of financial support issue.

My fiance is in the US and I'm in Australia. My fiance will likely fall short of the 100% income requirement to sponsor me and my child due to health reasons. I however am financially secure and have the means to support myself and my child, but wish to apply for K1 to live in the States as he is unable to move here.

Has anyone else been in this situation? Is the answer to join our savings together or send him money to show that we have enough for us together? I'm unsure how this is assessed or how it would be viewed.

Thanks for your help

Kara

$25,112 is the needed income for a three person household...so if you are going to use your assets, I believe it will have to be five times that amount...you will need approximately $126,000 in liquid assets. If you use his assets, it is three times the income amount. I believe you can also combine his income + his assets + your assets to get to the needed amount.

Please correct me if I am wrong....

Filed: Timeline

Are you saying that when it gets to the part where my Fiancé has to declare his income I can also supply my personal bank and other statements etc as evidence as well? It doesn't make it clear that the Foreign national can do that, it appears to only ask for the information relating to the sponsoring US Citizen.

Thanks

Kara

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Your money/assets can be used. However, deposits/assets outside of the US are not likely to be accepted. So if you transfer your money to a US account then it can be used.

Also, it is the 125% income amount as the above poster stated, not 100%. You will need to show assets at 3 times the income shortfall.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Your money/assets can be used. However, deposits/assets outside of the US are not likely to be accepted. So if you transfer your money to a US account then it can be used.

Also, it is the 125% income amount as the above poster stated, not 100%. You will need to show assets at 3 times the income shortfall.

Correct. Wire the funds into his account.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.