SeanN

Delay in Delivery of Approved Visas

687 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Posts merged with existing thread.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am SO angry about this. I have been waiting over 20 months to be with my family since I started this process. I was banking on getting my visa within the 2 weeks. Nope, I have to be out of my apartment before June and now I get to live on the street until I get my visa. Just perfect timing. AND this happened in July last year, almost exact same problem. They were back logged 200,000 visas.

My brother works in IT and the fact that it's been down for a week now is just a serious joke. They need to get their asses in gear and hire some better people.

June 16th: IR-1 Interview in Montreal. Approved

June 16th: Case Status as "Ready"

June 25th: Case Status as "Ready"

June 30th: Case Status as "Ready"

July 1st: Case Status as "Ready"

July 2nd: Case Status as "ISSUED"

July 8th: Waybill # received

July 9th: Visa pickup

July 9th: POE

Filed: Timeline

I am SO angry about this. I have been waiting over 20 months to be with my family since I started this process. I was banking on getting my visa within the 2 weeks. Nope, I have to be out of my apartment before June and now I get to live on the street until I get my visa. Just perfect timing. AND this happened in July last year, almost exact same problem. They were back logged 200,000 visas.

My brother works in IT and the fact that it's been down for a week now is just a serious joke. They need to get their asses in gear and hire some better people.

You can never bank on receiving a visa until you actually have it in your hands.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Before next week is really only two days away since nothing's processed during the weekend. :dancing: BUT////,,,,,,... I have no faith it would be fixed by Monday however.

Edited by Shauneg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum and merged with master thread there. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I feel just the same, so close to getting out of this rotten broken Immigration system, and the wave of awfulness chases you up the beach while you are desperately trying to get up the bank.

Interview in three weeks, and stupidly I was expecting just a few days before Visa printed and can finally leave the UK, and now, who the heck knows how many weeks it will take to clear the backlog - I'm SO done with being patient, I lost all that going through the TSC and 2 RFEs for forms already sent...and now this....FFS.. I just want out of the system before anything else goes wrong with it !!

Edited by Lauren and Kevin

I feel just the same, so close to getting out of this rotten broken Immigration system, and the wave of awfulness chases you up the beach while you are desperately trying to get up the bank.

Interview in three weeks, and stupidly I was expecting just a few days before Visa printed and can finally leave the UK, and now, who the heck knows how many weeks it will take to clear the backlog - I'm SO done with being patient, I lost all that going through the TSC and 2 RFEs for forms already sent...and now this....FFS.. I just want out of the system before anything else goes wrong with it !!

My brother told me to get used to it. Until you have citizenship you will be dealing with immigration for one thing or another for the next 5-6 years! It sounds like torture because it is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Reading here:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/jp/index.html?firstTime=No

Does this mean my fiancé cannot even book/schedule her interview in Tokyo now because of this global issue with visa's not being able to be printed?

event.png

I-129F sent: 10/09/2014

I-129F NOA1: 10/16/2014

I-129F NOA2 Case Approved: 04/28/2015

Japan Embassy - Case Created 05/12/2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
travel.state.gov > Newsroom > Technological Systems Issue
Technological Systems Issue
JUNE 17, 2015

Visa Systems Issues

The Bureau of Consular Affairs continues to experience technical problems with our visa systems. This is a global issue, and we are working around the clock to fix it. More than 100 computer experts from both the private and public sectors across the United States are working on this problem 24/7. That said, we do not expect the system will be online before next week. The problems stem from a hardware failure in a State Department facility in the United States on June 9. That failure is preventing the Department from processing and transmitting biometric data checks at visa-issuing embassies and consulates. We cannot bypass the legal requirements to screen visa applicants before we issue visas for travel. Each visa decision is a national security decision, and we take our obligation to protect the United States seriously.

We regret the inconvenience to travelers and recognize that this is causing hardship to those waiting for visas, and in some cases, their family members or employers in the United States. We will continue to post regular updates on our website, travel.state.gov.

Q: What caused this outage? Was it a malicious action or hack?

• There is no evidence the problem is cyber-security related.

Q: How long before you restore full system functionality?

• Public and private sector experts are working around the clock to correct the visa problem, but we do not expect the system will be online before next week.
  • Overseas and domestic passports are being issued.

Q: How many travelers are affected by this outage?

• Most posts were able to handle visa interviews and some visa printing as usual through the end of last week. This week, many posts have had to reschedule visa appointments. We handle an average 50,000 applications daily worldwide. Many applicants do not have immediate travel plans and will receive visas in time for planned trips. We are prioritizing urgent medical and other humanitarian cases as well as H2A agricultural workers.

Q: Once operational, how will cases be prioritized?

• We are already prioritizing urgent humanitarian cases and temporary agricultural workers. Once the systems are fully operational, we will work as quickly as possible to clear the backlog of pending visa cases.
  • We apologize to travelers and recognize that this has caused hardship to some individuals waiting for visas.

Q: What about domestic passports?

• Domestic passport operations are functioning, with some intermittent processing delays. While some of these issues have affected same-day service at our passport agencies, we continue to issue passports to U.S. citizens with urgent overseas travel needs.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I have a question, but I'm not sure if anyone will have any insight (or that I'll be able to explain my question properly).... This backlog that's being created is probably going to be huge. But I'm wondering if its embassy specific. For example, since I think way more people apply from, say, the Philippines, will the backlog take longer to clear over there than in France? Just for example! Or is it all just one backlog regardless of embassy? Does that even make sense?

K1 Visa Timeline:

Texas Service Center

NOA1: 10-15-14

NOA2: 05-15-15

Sent to NVC: 05-21-15

NVC received: 06-01-15
Sent to Paris: 06-04-15

Accepted at Paris: 06-08-15

Medical: 06-30-15

Interview, approved: 07-15-15

Pick up at embassy: 07-20-15

Entry to USA: 07-23-15

Adjustment of Status filed: 09-04-15

Biometrics Appt: 09-21-15

No interview

Approval: 03-18-16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Here is some local information for Australians:

"The Department of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our overseas passport and visa systems. This issue is not specific to any particular country, citizenship document, or visa category. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working urgently to correct the problem and restore full operability. Currently, we are unable to print most immigrant and non-immigrant visas approved after June 8, 2015. In addition, U.S. Embassies and Consulates are unable to process new applications submitted on or after June 9, 2015. Individuals with visa interview appointments scheduled for June 14-20, 2015, should reschedule their appointments if they submitted a DS-160 online application after June 9, 2015. Appointments can be rescheduled by following the instructions located on http://www.ustraveldocs.com/au/au-niv-appointmentschedule.asp. Individuals who submitted their DS-160 online applications prior to June 9, 2015, should plan to attend their scheduled visa interview appointments. Those with urgent travel should follow the instructions for expedited emergency appointment found on http://www.ustraveldocs.com/au/au-niv-expeditedappointment.asp ."

Filed I-129F: 3 November 2014 (CSC)

NOA 1: 20 November 2014

NOA 2: 2 February 2015

Consulate Notification: 8 April 2015

Consular Interview: 19 May 2015
Medical: 20 May 2015
Administrative Processing: 20 May - ???

GLOBAL VISA SHUTDOWN: 9 June 2015
Advised approved for issuance: 24 June 2015
Requested re-validated I-129F (expired during shutdown): 24 June 2015
Advised I-129F revalidation received: 30 June 2015
Administrative Processing: 30 June 2015

Visa Issued: 13 JULY 2015
USA POE: 24 OCT 2015

I have a question, but I'm not sure if anyone will have any insight (or that I'll be able to explain my question properly).... This backlog that's being created is probably going to be huge. But I'm wondering if its embassy specific. For example, since I think way more people apply from, say, the Philippines, will the backlog take longer to clear over there than in France? Just for example! Or is it all just one backlog regardless of embassy? Does that even make sense?

The answer to your question is no one can accurately tell you how long your visa will be delayed.

Same boat here!!

I got kicked out from my current place today and going to stay at a temp place which is without internet.

If i don't get the visa/ passport by next Friday, I will get kicked out by the country as wel. arghhhhhhh.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Update this morning - saying once up will take weeks to issue the Visa...

Nonimmigrant visa applicants who submitted their DS-160 online application prior to June 9, 2015, should plan to attend their scheduled appointment. You should note, however that your application will take two to three weeks to process. If you will require your passport for travel to a country other than the United States during this time, you must notify the consular officer at your interview.

Yeah right. So I don't believe them. My experience of TSC means it's a month at least.

Edited by Lauren and Kevin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.