DaveNot

SSN and Financially blocked.

21 posts in this topic

From my experience--

Adjustment of status was approved with nothing more than a marriage certificate. We included nothing extra in the application and we had no interview, so no opportunity to show anybody our joint bank account and joint tax return.

I owned my house and did not add my husband to the deed, nor to the utilities.

A year later we bought a new house solely in my name because it was easier to get a mortgage alone. I changed the service address of the utilities but they remained the same accounts in my name.

By removing conditions time, we had a lot of joint things, but we did NOT share--

Same last name

Mortgage

House deed

Utility bills

Children

Health insurance

Wills that left everything to the other

Beneficiary status on anything from work

Geez--how did he get approved? Again, no interview. Just saying it is possible.

We did share--

Checking, Savings, and Money Market accounts at new bank

checking and savings at old bank. Closed account.

Four credit cards

Three joint tax returns

Driver licenses with same address. Old and new house.

Auto insurance

Two car titles

A cat. Vet bills in both names

A dentist. Dental receipts had both names and appointments noted

Two trips. Boarding passes

And a little extra fluff...

Photo Christmas cards. Two years.

Custom printed "We're Moving" card with new contact info for each of us

Photos on major holidays with family, painting inside our new house, selfie on the airplane, etc.

It wasn't utility bills but it painted a total picture of a real couple which was acceptable. Seriously, who goes to the dentist with their fake husband? That or the cat probably sealed the deal :rofl:

Hope that gives you some perspective.

**And most important I think, was that we had documents covering the entire two plus years of our marriage.

It was definitely the cat ;)

Oh okay, so for initial AOS it isn't that important to have "joint" stuff. Guess by ROC time you will have naturally accumulated more things in both your names as you did, anyway, so my fiancee and I will have amassed enough stuff by then. She's just signed a lease for what will be our first apartment. Apartment manager said she is happy to add my name to it following me getting there and getting married anyway, so that'll be something!

Naturalization Timeline

N-400 app submitted/received: August 22, 2020

Biometric reuse notification: October 22, 2020

Interview Scheduled: November 5, 2020

Interview Date: December 7, 2020 - SUCCESS!

Oath Ceremony mistakenly scheduled (then descheduled!): December 8, 2020

Oath Ceremony Scheduled: December 9, 2020

Scheduled Oath Ceremony: January 8, 2021

ROC Timeline

I-797/NOA 1: January 12, 2018

Biometrics appointment: February 22, 2018

18-month I-797: August 10 2018

AOS Timeline

NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765: November 9, 2015

Biometrics appointment: December 2, 2015

RFE for I-485: December 3, 2015

EAD card and approval notice received: February 16, 2016

2-year conditional Green Card received: March 26, 2016

K-1 Timeline
NOA 1: December 8, 2014
NOA 2: June, 2015

Packet 3 received: July, 2015
Medical: August 12, 2015
Packet 4 received: September 23, 2015
Interview: September 25, 2015
Visa received: October 2, 2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

So not having your name on the bills won't be a hindrance for AOS?

AOS? from a K-1? No. Are you thinking about RoC, instead?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

AOS? from a K-1? No. Are you thinking about RoC, instead?

I can understand that they would be much more important for RoC as that's two years down the line. I had initially thought you had to prove those sorts of things for AOS too, but thankfully not. We can take our time to build up a good foundation of evidence for RoS, phew!

Naturalization Timeline

N-400 app submitted/received: August 22, 2020

Biometric reuse notification: October 22, 2020

Interview Scheduled: November 5, 2020

Interview Date: December 7, 2020 - SUCCESS!

Oath Ceremony mistakenly scheduled (then descheduled!): December 8, 2020

Oath Ceremony Scheduled: December 9, 2020

Scheduled Oath Ceremony: January 8, 2021

ROC Timeline

I-797/NOA 1: January 12, 2018

Biometrics appointment: February 22, 2018

18-month I-797: August 10 2018

AOS Timeline

NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765: November 9, 2015

Biometrics appointment: December 2, 2015

RFE for I-485: December 3, 2015

EAD card and approval notice received: February 16, 2016

2-year conditional Green Card received: March 26, 2016

K-1 Timeline
NOA 1: December 8, 2014
NOA 2: June, 2015

Packet 3 received: July, 2015
Medical: August 12, 2015
Packet 4 received: September 23, 2015
Interview: September 25, 2015
Visa received: October 2, 2015

I think it really depends the circumstances and who you get. The guides are generally aimed at people to cover almost all events. I would imagine if you have been waiting 1 year for an interview and you're working they may require something from normal living conditions. The whole stoke interview thing comes to mind from the offical uscis interview questioning video on youtube.

Timeline

I can understand that they would be much more important for RoC as that's two years down the line. I had initially thought you had to prove those sorts of things for AOS too, but thankfully not. We can take our time to build up a good foundation of evidence for RoS, phew!

ya, the adjudication rules for AOS from a K-1 are way different, and are usually focused on the fact that a newly married couple will NOT have a pile o evidence.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I'm currently pending a request to adjust my status along with my EAD pending.

We recently tried to to add my name to the utility bills as joint account holders. Apparently, Dominion was not allowed to do so, due to a credit file block. Dominion couldn't tell me what the problem is, but I am currently awaiting a call back for the 3rd time from them.

I used my SSN just now to request a credit file from Experian and transunion and nither could verifiy me and send me my credit report.

I am currently stumped as to what to do to access my file *(if any exists) and have this block removed. I cannot seem to contact either credit referencing agencies to see what the current issue is. Would anybody potentially know or has been in this before?

i'll echo another poster here -

it's very possible you not have any entries in your credit history report.

what have you done, since ssn issuance and subsequent marriage, to build up your credit history ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.