mommaK

Payments sent by mail put in wrong PO Box!! USDA not NVC processing

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just to let everyone know that if you sent in a payment around the 20th -21st May to the NVC processing centre in MO it appears the mail was put in the wrong PO Box. Almost three weeks later we realised that the person who signed for it, B Stanley, had written USDA in the address of recipient box. This would make sense as we never received an email saying our payment had been received and the USDA has a PO Box address of 790341, ST Louis, MO, 63179-0341. We are in the process of seeking a refund and will go ahead and pay on line as we now have that option(for the last 2 weeks). So not only did we lose three weeks before we could even log on the website we have lost another 2-3 due to package being put in the wrong box!! Ho hum what can you do :ranting::oops:

So my advice would be to check your proof of delivery receipt and if it was signed for by B Stanley your payment may just well be with the USDA not the NVC processing department!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just to let everyone know that if you sent in a payment around the 20th -21st May to the NVC processing centre in MO it appears the mail was put in the wrong PO Box. Almost three weeks later we realised that the person who signed for it, B Stanley, had written USDA in the address of recipient box. This would make sense as we never received an email saying our payment had been received and the USDA has a PO Box address of 790341, ST Louis, MO, 63179-0341. We are in the process of seeking a refund and will go ahead and pay on line as we now have that option(for the last 2 weeks). So not only did we lose three weeks before we could even log on the website we have lost another 2-3 due to package being put in the wrong box!! Ho hum what can you do :ranting::oops:

So my advice would be to check your proof of delivery receipt and if it was signed for by B Stanley your payment may just well be with the USDA not the NVC processing department!!

How did u get to know that the payment went to wrong P.O. Box...????

Did u checked whether ur payment was cashed by NVC...thru status or ur Money Order/Cashier check???

From whom would u now seek refund....NVC or the place where u purchased ur Money Order/Cashier check..????

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Timeline

How did u get to know that the payment went to wrong P.O. Box...????

Did u checked whether ur payment was cashed by NVC...thru status or ur Money Order/Cashier check???

From whom would u now seek refund....NVC or the place where u purchased ur Money Order/Cashier check..????

We don't know for sure yet but looking at the scanned delivery record and the department that the person who signed for it listed, USDA, is a good indication it was put in the wrong box. It was a money order through USPS and they are going to look in to it and get back to my daughter tomorrow as she is in Florida and they were getting ready to close today. It actually makes sense to be honest as something should have come from the NVC about it by now and they have said they have nothing whatsoever on their system. We have gone ahead and paid online now so as to not delay it any longer. I do recall someone else saying some named B Stanley had signed for their letter too. Hopefully they will go ahead and refund us but we realise they need to look into it a bit more first.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

We don't know for sure yet but looking at the scanned delivery record and the department that the person who signed for it listed, USDA, is a good indication it was put in the wrong box. It was a money order through USPS and they are going to look in to it and get back to my daughter tomorrow as she is in Florida and they were getting ready to close today. It actually makes sense to be honest as something should have come from the NVC about it by now and they have said they have nothing whatsoever on their system. We have gone ahead and paid online now so as to not delay it any longer. I do recall someone else saying some named B Stanley had signed for their letter too. Hopefully they will go ahead and refund us but we realise they need to look into it a bit more first.

But is ur Money Order cashed...???? If so then only Department of State can cash it...No one else coz u should have mentioned payable to name as U.S. Department of State only ....Even it goes to wrong hands they cant do anything......

First check whether ur money order was cashed or not.....ask with USPS about the status...If its not cashed fill out a form PS 6401 and claim for refund....which will take about a week or so...

If its cashed then ask NVC why its still not showing in their system....

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Thailand
Timeline

I mailed IV fee on May 28th ...AND to the wrong PO Box lol. oops..

AOS fee is po box 790135

IV fee is po box 790136

I accidently mailed my IV fee to 790135 ? and it showed on usps tracking thing thats its signed by the same person and NVC did receive my payment.

And even though my IV fee status still says my iv fee is "not invoiced" when I logged on CEAC site, I did make sure and called NVC again today to confirm it shows as "paid" in the system and the rep. confirmed it had been paid. She told me not to be worried and that I should be able to fill out IV application by next week.

so yep all I can do is keep waiting... sighs*

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guam
Timeline

Don't worry. My cashier check was also received by USDA. but it is a part of NVC. I called NVC and they received it already. NVC sent us confirmation email too?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Thailand
Timeline

Don't worry. My cashier check was also received by USDA. but it is a part of NVC. I called NVC and they received it already. NVC sent us confirmation email too?

Yep yep yep he's right! I just got an email an hour ago from NVC saying that they recieved my IV fee payment even if USPS tracking thing showed my payment was received by USDA.

so no worries ??? Also I did some research.. USDA stands for National Finance Center Administrative Collections. It is a finance center where all checks are processed.

Timeline

Apparently the person that signed for the letter picks up the post for multiple agencies. Just have to check if money order has been cashed or not as NVC still say they have not received any payment from me. My case number was written on the money order along with the AOS invoice bill. Three weeks is a long time to still be told nothing has been received. Either way I've paid on line now so might be out of pocket. Watch this space :unsure: Glad other peoples payments have been received. :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.